Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,496 members, 7,781,487 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:26 PM

Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] (478573 Views)

Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] / Gionee M3mini Discussion Thread [HOT] / Tecno Camon C8 Discussion Thread [HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (192) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Limerick: 4:59pm On Aug 30, 2015
bqlekan:
my dear, steer clear the G's and T's. These phones have a reason for being so cheap. Get ASUS ZenFone 5 or LG nexus 5.( small but powerful battery) And if ur on a low budget, Get Asus Fe170CG ( A tab with 4000mAh battery. Only on with this tab is its camera)
I've been using the T for a year now, no problem, so your point again?

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by bqlekan(m): 6:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Limerick:
I've been using the T for a year now, no problem, so your point again?
Goodluck bro.. check my previous posts on this thread
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ryanxu: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2015
that's right
flash2ify:
when is it entering nigeria because customers are asking for it.its more than cool.with more than 6000amps,13mp pus remote control,what are my looking for again in a phone.hope it has space for external memory card? . from IZUEGBUNAM.GRACE.IFEYINWA.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by eleshin(m): 8:28am On Sep 01, 2015
When is this phone coming out nah?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Valto(m): 11:59am On Sep 01, 2015
Ryanxu:
that's right
does gionee m5 have notification led light on the front? what other gionee product got it
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ryanxu: 12:11pm On Sep 01, 2015
yes, Gionee M5 have LED notification.

Valto:
does gionee m5 have notification led light on the front? what other gionee product got it

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by dukeo(m): 2:10pm On Sep 01, 2015
Ryanxu:
yes, Gionee M5 have LED notification.

Dude you work for gionee ryt ? By the way how sure are you that its 45k
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mindtricks: 5:24pm On Sep 01, 2015
godunia:
Was using M2,i sold it now bought M3 not now it's time to sell it for M5.

What was it like with M3, the general experience with it, upside and downside from personal experience?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ryanxu: 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2015
don't know d price yet, i am just guessing. Becoz gionee always give affrodable price with long battery life of smartphone
dukeo:

Dude you work for gionee ryt ? By the way how sure are you that its 45k
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2015
Ryanxu, pls tell me... does the M5 has full OTG capabilities... that is can the phone read an external storage drive, can it work with a keyboard or a wired pad for playing games on the phone unlike Gionee M2 that ONLY supports charging other devices alone via otg cable...
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ryanxu: 12:50am On Sep 03, 2015
yes, of course
actually M5,M3 both support fully OTG function,
but M2 just support reverse charging function
Enyogbe:
Ryanxu, pls tell me... does the M5 has full OTG capabilities... that is can the phone read an external storage drive, can it work with a keyboard or a wired pad for playing games on the phone unlike Gionee M2 that ONLY supports charging other devices alone via otg cable...
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by seunlayi(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2015
can't gionee give us this phone between 30-33k?

3 Likes

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mindtricks: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
bqlekan:

Lol, funny you, every lithium ion battery does that. But when you overwork your processor like the G's and the T's does, the effect is always on the battery. So gionee figured that out and rolled out a larger ba3. So long the processor is overworked, the ba3 will depreciate rapidly.

This people should learn to use another processor, Intel, Qualcomm or snapdragon or reduce the phone specs, I.e. display, camera quality, outputs etc..

Ever wondered why its coming with such a large ba3 or why most of these phones come with powerbanks? Their processors are not strong enough.

Boss,

Such devices with such low processors, do you think using but not subjecting them to extreme conditions is a way to strike a balance that will not make them or the batteries wear out afterall?

Plz reply, thanks.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by bqlekan(m): 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2015
mindtricks:

Boss,

Such devices with such low processors, do you think using but not subjecting them to extreme conditions is a way to strike a balance that will not make them or the batteries wear out afterall?

Plz reply, thanks.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by dukeo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 09, 2015
What about gionee m4 ? Will it come to Nigeria? Btw, why isn't this phone released yet
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by dukeo(m): 2:30am On Sep 18, 2015
Ryanxu:
i think maybe it's the most expectable thing of Sep smartphone in Nigeria grin
i will told you guys from Nairaland when launch in Nigeria

[size=17] gionee sucks with dates and schedules [/size]
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by NCP: 3:26am On Sep 18, 2015
dukeo:

[size=17] gionee sucks with dates and schedules [/size]

Am telling you. Gionee's September is actually November.

Thank God, l finally got myself a Note 3 and. Zerolemon 10,000mah Ba3.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by 55raptor: 8:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Just confirmed the price at omegatron in benin it will be released tomorrow for 53000.the dummy looked very beautiful.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by tafrica(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2015
funbox:

Have u used a phone thats 20% for up to 3hrs on heavy BROWSING Thats gionee m3.... If you stay in an area that power supply is a problem then try m3.
Been using mine since march this year still yet the battery is just the same... Nothing like draining of battery, no need for power bank instead use ur phone to charge other phone

M3 price please?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by iheanyi40(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2015
seunlayi:
can't gionee give us this phone between 30-33k?
lol
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by mindtricks: 5:49pm On Sep 19, 2015
bqlekan:
[/quote]

[quote author=mindtricks post=38175537]

Boss, in the light of facts earlier stated about these mediatek based devices and their battery, was wondering if there will be any reasonable basis on which you can still advise one to purchase such, or any kind fix for issues raised for one who intend to buy them?

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by ThunderTrail(f): 6:26pm On Sep 19, 2015
NCP:

Am telling you. Gionee's September is actually November.

Thank God, l finally got myself a Note 3 and. Zerolemon 10,000mah Ba3.

My junior bro uses a galaxy note 3 it would be nice introducing him to this battery. l have heard alot bout it.

Please how much did you get the zerolemmon battery?

1 Like

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by nani667: 12:22am On Sep 20, 2015
Hmmm... I'm surprised that people are in awe over the remote control feature of this phone... That's pretty stale technology.... Seems this is the first device that Gionee is implementing IR Blaster technology.... People have been using their phones as remote controls for years now
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by NCP: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2015
ThunderTrail:

My junior bro uses a galaxy note 3 it would be nice introducing him to this battery. l have heard alot bout it.

Please how much did you get the zerolemmon battery?

I got it from amazon. com, a friend assisted me in the transaction wahala.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by NCP: 7:01am On Sep 20, 2015
@thundertrial in addition to the above, the Zerolemon ba3 is a user replaceabe, so the Samsung galaxy note 3 while getting custom rom updates can still be useful for with longer battery backup.
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Oklander: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2015
Nobody should deceive him/herself, the device would not be less than 50k, some of you need to stop dreaming...
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by xck123: 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
what's the price?
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Ryanxu: 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
nope, they launched d device today, nd price is 43,500

Oklander:
Nobody should deceive him/herself, the device would not be less than 50k, some of you need to stop dreaming...
Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by xck123: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
get one grin

Re: Gionee M5 Discussion Thread[HOT] by Oklander: 8:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ryanxu:

nope, they launched d device today, nd price is 43,500

And all the specs stated here holds Through? That would be unbelievable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (192) (Reply)

List Of All Tecno Android Phones With Their Prices And Specs In Nigeria (PICS) / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.