Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,334 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:34 AM

THESE Are The BEST Windows Phone Apps 2015 By Random Selection - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / THESE Are The BEST Windows Phone Apps 2015 By Random Selection (1092 Views)

Bill Gates Switches To Android Phone, Dumps Windows Phone / Why Do Majority Of Smartphone Users In Nigeria Detest Windows Phone? / A Must Have Ten Smart-phone Apps You Must Have In August 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THESE Are The BEST Windows Phone Apps 2015 By Random Selection by guydangerous(m): 11:33am On Aug 16, 2015
Dailymotion

Dailymotion is one of the great YouTube video alternatives. The site features both user uploaded and professional videos from media outlets. It’s known for its curated content and excellent discoverability. Thankfully, it’s also now known as one of the major video sites that actually has bothered making a Windows Phone app.

10Calc.

Most calculator apps don’t do it all. 10Calc does. What do I mean by that? Well, many calculator apps just handle equations. 10Calc does all that, but it also has built in unit converter algorithms so you can use one app for all your calculation needs. A nice plus is the theme customization and the ability to convert over 100 units of measurement.

6tag

Instagram’s Windows Phone app leaves a lot to be desired. Thankfully there’s 6tag–a third-party Instagram app that features many of the more advanced commands Instagram apps on iOS and Android have. Two really nice features of 6tag include the ability to create custom locations and–the biggie–manage multiple Instagram accounts from the same app.

Vine

Vine is one of the few big social media platforms that have a good Windows Phone app. With the app users can create six second videos–or “Vines”–to share with their friends and followers. You can also follow other users to catch glimpses into their lives. My favorite part of the app is the trending section–it’s a great way to discover new and interesting vids.

My Piano Phone

This app came to my attention through a friend, who is a professional musician. Whenever he’s out and get the idea for a new tune, he’ll open My Piano Phone and test it out on the realistic sounding keys. The app also offers a complete drum kit for those who like their beats. It’s a fun little free app that also happens to have over 11,000 five star reviews across all stores.

Storage Cleaner Pro

If you’re a PC user you’ll know Windows begins leaving space hogging cache files all over your hard drive. Given a long enough time these files can take up a large chunk of your precious GBs. The same thing happens with invisible cache files on your Windows Phone. That’s where this app comes in. With one click the app will clean all the cache files from your Windows Phone, allowing you to reclaim storage.

Caledos Runner

There’s not many good running trackers for Windows Phone, which is why we really love Caledos Runner. The app has a beautiful design that doesn’t complicate its number of tracking features. With Caledos you can track your route on a map, track your calories burned, and track other elements like time, pace, speed, position, heart rate, and climb. The app also works with RunKeeper, so you can share your progress with your friends there. A nice feature are the big, easy-to-read stats, so you can quickly pinpoint the one you’re looking for even when running down a bumpy path.

Make it Rain: The Love of Money

Make it Rain is one of those fun, addictive time waster games. It’s gameplay can best be likened to the way you interact with Tinder. Swipe on a pile of cash to accumulate as much as you can in a given time period. The more you accumulate the more you have to “invest” in both legit and shady business dealings. A nice touch with the game is that you can switch between currencies, so if US dollar aren’t your thing you can change to the Argentine Peso.

Briefcase

Briefcase is a well thought out file manager for Windows Phone. It act as both a file organizer and a locker for all your local files, memory card and OneDrive files. You can arrange your files into specific folders and even pin those folders to your Start screen. Briefcase also supports in-app viewers, so you can browse through your pics or even play music and video right in the app. Best of all, it provides a passcode lock feature so you can keep your files safe.

Threes

Threes! is the addictive numbers puzzler that has taken the mobile world by storm. In it you mesh numbers together to match them. Once matched, those numbers double. Your goal is to match as many numbers on the board before it fills up. The game has traditionally cost money but now the publisher has released this free ad supported version. Give it a download and I can guarantee you you’ll realize you’ve never played a better time waster. And the little voices the number blocks talk in are just a huge bonus (you’ll see what I mean).

Opera Mini

Opera Mini is one of the most respected browsers in the world, known for its speed and security. Those features translate well in this Windows Phone version. With Opera Mini you can actually save data while browsing because it compresses web data as it passes from server, through network, and to your phone. The app also offers some cool features like “Speed Dial” which is a collection of buttons representing your most visited sites. And like any good browser Opera Mini offers support for tabs and also has an impressive download manager for a mobile browser.

GoPro

If you’re a GoPro user you need to download the official GoPro app for Windows Phone. With it you can completely control your wireless GoPro camera. You can start and stop recordings, adjust settings, and take a photo all from within the app. The app also has powerful share features, so you can send that cool video of your skydiving adventure out to all your social media channels instantly.

Plague Inc.

If you’ve ever wondered what would happen if there were a large-scale plague outbreak, wonder no more. The hit game Plague Inc comes to Windows Phone in this excellent port. In it you play an evil scientist/terrorist who has created a plague. Your goal is no less than the complete eradication of mankind. The game is a mix of simulation and strategy and has been hailed for its accuracy–so much so the US Centers for Disease control actually invited the developer to speak at the CDC about disease modeling!

Crossy Road

Another iOS and Android hit comes to Windows Phone. Crossy Road is obviously an unabashed ripoff of 80s arcade classic Frogger, but it’s an immensely fun game nonetheless. The retro style of the game will appeal to those nostalgic ones out there as you play various characters trying to hop your way across roads, rivers and train tracks without being hit.

Money Wallet

Money Wallet is a well thought out personal financial assistant app. It allows you to track all your finances in one place, be it your current account, your credit cards, your stock portfolio, or more. I know it sounds like a little thing, but in addition to the ability to see all your account transactions in list form or on spending graphs, I really like the little touch of the in-app calculator. This is the first personal finance app I’ve seen that has realized when tracking our finances it might be nice to be able to do quick calculations in the app without needing to go to another app.

Weather in 3D FREE

If you’ve been reading this Windows Phone app hub for a while you might know I’m a fan of weather apps–always on the lookout for a new good one. My favorite one this week is Weather in 3D. I like it because it does a good job at laying out weekly weather forecasts in a form that is quick and easy to read. It also features some beautiful images based on current weather. But the unique thing about this app is that it tilts the weekly weather forecast back, which, oddly, makes it easier to view the week at a glance.

Moneygraph

Moneygraph is a great, lightweight money manager for small business owners. It lets you easily keep track of what your spend, who you pay, and where all your money is going. The UI is simple and efficient. I also like the unique dial edit tool that easily lets you modify transactions.

VLC for Windows Phone

Plenty of big-name app makers are guilty for not porting their apps to Windows Phone (ahem, GOOGLE). That’s why I’m so excited to see the team behind VLC release and official VLC client for Windows Phone. If you manage music or movies on your Mac or PC, chances are you’ll be a VLC user. That app is a lot like a mobile version of iTunes if iTunes weren’t a bloated piece of 15 year old software badly in need of an upgrade. Manage your music, videos, create playlists and more. VLC rocks.

Another Note

I can't survive without a good note taking app on my phone which is why I'm so excited to see such a well thought out app like Another Note. This app turns note taking on its head in that its main modus operandi of taking a note is by using your voice, not typing on the keyboard. Tap a button to record your note and your dictated message is transcribed. You can also arrange your notes into categories, pin notes to your home screen, and password protect the app to keep your notes private.

FB Pages Manager

Facebook Pages are invaluable sites for small business and groups who want a single place to post information and grow communities of users. But while Facebook makes official Pages apps for Android and iOS, no such app exists for Windows Phone. That's where this third party app comes in. The app allows you to post, delete or share your pages status, upload photos, send and receive messages from your pages, comment on your posts or reply to a comment and a lot more, including viewing all your page insights, likes and unlikes.

DEAD TARGET: Zombie

Zombie are all the rage, so who can't use another FPS zombie game? And this one has zombie Santas, so its already a winner. Besides dead Santas the game stands on its own due to its pretty impressive graphics and insane amount of weapon customizations.

Calculator²

The only calculator app you’ll ever need. Calculator² is five calculators in one: Basic, Scientific, Programmer, Currency Converter, and Unit Converter. The power behind this calculator lies in its UI and its ability to display the story of every number and function you’ve entered so you can always verify what you’ve typed. I’m also a big fan of the unit converter, which features 300 units for conversions across 26 categories, and the currency converter, which includes 150 currencies.

Duet Adventure

This is probably the most addictive Windows Phone game I’ve ever played. You navigate a pair of interlinked dots across of field of bar-like obstacles. When one of the dots approaches an obstacle you need to rotate it around to avoid it. The trick is as you rotate it the other dot rotates, which can put it in harms way. It’s a great puzzler that can keep you entertained for hours. The narrator’s voice (you’ll see what I mean) is an added bonus.

#TileArt

#TileArt is an app that allows you to create custom artworks for your Live Tiles. The app allows you to browse #TileArt’s gallery or you can create your own images. A nice feature is that you can upload transparent PNG files, which helps you create some pretty cool art. Once you’ve created custom tiles, you can then create a custom lock screen to match and even share your creation with others through #TileArt’s gallery.

AppLock

AppLock is something I’ve wished Apple would build into iOS forever. Too bad this is only for Windows Phone. AppLock provides an extra layer of security even if your phone is unlocked. AppLock allows you to hide and lock multiple photos and videos, making them only accessible if you enter a passcode or swipe gesture. The beauty of this is you don’t have to worry about briefly lending your phone to someone to make a call and fear they may go through your personal photos instead.
Re: THESE Are The BEST Windows Phone Apps 2015 By Random Selection by BrainBoss(m): 12:03pm On Aug 16, 2015
t
Re: THESE Are The BEST Windows Phone Apps 2015 By Random Selection by Youngpo413: 12:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Nice one Op,I'm downloading briefcase asap.

(1) (Reply)

It Turns Out THIS Is More Useful To Hackers Than Your Stolen Credit Card Details / Grand Finale Of Jumia Mobile Week Reloaded 2016. / Help! Her Itel 1502 Does Not Recognize MTN Simcard On Sim 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.