Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,700 members, 7,802,074 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home (47515 Views)

Masters Or Stay On Job? / NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:

This's 21st century, moreover, that measure is only executable in a military gov't. I still believe if we allow technocrats to handle the affair of government cooperation we can achieve desired level of discipline.
Can you resume in your place of work in Shell, Chevron, MTN, Glo, Etisalat, bank or any privately owned firm after the time of resumption because you're in the 21st century?

7 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by luckylucky: 2:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
I can see a New Nigeria under president Buhari administration.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Raymonbell(m): 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Can you resume in your place of work in Shell, Chevron, MTN, Glo, Etisalat, bank or any privately owned firm after the time of resumption because you're in the 21st century?

Please don't misunderstand me.
Am not against any good measure to cob lateness, what am saying is there are better way to get it done not WAI decree of the 1980s
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by OrlandoOwoh(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:

Am not against any good measure to cob lateness, what am saying is there are better way to get it done not WAI decree of the 1980s
Tell us the ways.

5 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by princeuj2015(m): 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2015
People like my former Madam who comes to work only when free lunch is ready @ Block A ground floor tho' undecided

1 Like

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by zicoraads: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:
God will not allow them to resume on time oooooooooo we are many that are looking for job
Hahahahahahaaaaahhh cheesy grin
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by fornaija(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rejuvenating! cheesy cheesy
IbnSultaan:
Nigeria is moving
PMB is working
NNPC is ...,
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Antoinne: 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. But why treat them like primary school pupils. They just need access control where staff will clock in with their id cards, erring staff can then be sanctioned. This isn't the way forward.

Hehehe It's [size=20pt]LadyF [/size] again grin grin grin
It only makes sense to circulate a memo before even doing anything, including of course what you just described. Don't get all giddy. Looks like you've never worked in an office environment all your life. undecided

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by braine(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2015
shobroy10:
God will not allow them to resume on time oooooooooo we are many that are looking for job

Lol. Ikr.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by spencekat(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
agarawu23:
This is a change of Govt and things must surely change.

the ere of Gej whereby workers branch joint house to take two bottles of "kaikai" before resuming work by 10:30 am is over grin

IF bankers can be in their office as early as 6am, what stops you guys that are working in NNPC(our major bread winner) from resuming 4am? After all that's where majority of looting take place.

Thank God say jobless youth plenty for Nigeria, abeg sack the late comers and employ new ones.
Even in the era of the likes of Obasanjo,Yar'dua.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by emzila(m): 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:
Chai. But why treat them like primary school pupils. They just need access control where staff will clock in with their id cards, erring staff can then be sanctioned. This isn't the way forward.

one of the best, ideal and 21st century globally accepted and applaud contribution so far.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by omowolewa: 2:42pm On Aug 16, 2015
Clock-in
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Antoinne: 2:43pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:

Why in the world are you guys so full of sentiments, looking for faults where there is clearly none!? Your idea of raising sentiments by tying this to Buhari makes absolutely no sense, but only tells of you as short-sighted and vindictive. No where in the world do you go late to paid work. No where.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by ideykwum: 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Are you an Ex-Boy?

natas22:
Sounded like my secondary days in military school come to school late and you wish you never did.

My sai buhari disciplinarian since the beginning of time grin
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
I think this kind of directive should be extended to all government offices across the country, most especially the local governments.

Very nice and straight to the point, there's a new sheriff in town and change must to happen.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by authority2006(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:

This's 21st century, moreover, that measure is only executable in a military gov't. I still believe if we allow technocrats to handle the affair of government cooperation we can achieve desired level of discipline.
21st century my bottom. Do you see majority of Nigerians behave like they are indeed in your so called 21st century? WAI won't be too much to bring back, War Against Indiscipline
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Symphony007: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
When someone cannot praise buhari without taking a jab at jonathan, you know they are unsure of what they are praising and grasping for straws

Jonathan was a great disaster but you measure the progress of your saviour by that "failed" benchmark. angry grin
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Winning123: 2:46pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

Agree with you. Not sure this woman is a professional HR person. This order can be counter productive. Somebody needs to tell her that employees must be respected and treated with decorum. What matters is delivering on set KPIs not sending childish memo
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by charlsecy(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2015
Raymonbell:
...... that measure is only executable in a military gov't.
That enforcing punctuality and attendance is only applicable during a military era?
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by 2n2k(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2015
Mynd44:

I can always give my friend my ID card to clock for me. This memo tells then to be at their desks meaning they are not asking you to get to work but at at your designated post and start working

Access Control is not just clock card. This is 21st century not Fredrick Taylor era. It is the placement of the card against the terminal that will open the door for you and at the same time record your time of entry. How will your friend use two cards to enter at the same time?

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Israel5(m): 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Good. Pack 2 d city centre if u'r nt there
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by authority2006(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
charlsecy:

That enforcing punctuality and attendance is only applicable during a military era?
You ask him to tell you what WAI entails, he will pack up one time.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by donkafor(m): 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Tell us the ways.

They just need to use SAP Time Management where staffs will clock in and out with their finger prints (not even ID cards because they might give their IDs to someone to help them) and salaries will be based on hourly basis.

Case closed!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Raymonbell(m): 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Antoinne:
Why in the world are you guys so full of sentiments, looking for faults where there is clearly none!? Your idea of raising sentiments by tying this to Buhari makes absolutely no sense, but only tells of you as short-sighted and vindictive. No where in the world do you go late to paid work. No where.

Please follow the chain of argument from the beginning.

Am not the type of person who abuse or raise dust over nothing.

Apologize later.
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by emzila(m): 2:53pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is a good one but i think they can do better by getting a machine that read staffs' thumb and record their arrival and exit time. My company just brought in one to our office last week and i tell you, it is really doing something great as many of our staffs who are before now perpetual late comers have adjust and the issue of e no go better for the person wey rule the line is no more.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Raymonbell(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Tell us the ways.

If your conversant with the way most multinational company work you'll agree with me that a good time management software can get the job done.

I will recommend SAP
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by GentleYoung(m): 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

U this lady
Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by missKiffy(f): 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

What is dis one saying, they should come to work early means they are being treated like primary school students

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2015
Initial garagara. I have seen a lot of them.
This rain no wan make I watch how Man city go take beat Chelsea or wat?

1 Like

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2015
ladyF:

It is the way forward if that's what the employer decides to do. Employees that disagree can always quit to show management who is the boss.

I used to have a weekly meeting that is headed by a corporate leader. He locks the door 5 minutes to the start time. Not the employee, but the employees Boss, has to write a memo to explain why the employee was late. Guess what the Boss will do to the employee after writing many memos to explain the employee being late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home by Pennywise(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2015
Considering the kind of money they pay themselves, NNPC workers should resume at 4am.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State / Nigerian Breweries Salary Structure: Salary Of Nigeria Breweries PLC / HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.