Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! (3147 Views)

Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him / “Kingdom Of Heaven On Earth" Lagos Church Members Believe The Pastor Is Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by freecocoa(f): 2:50pm On Aug 21, 2015
pbs4real:
wat
What you read.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by pbs4real(m): 2:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
freecocoa:
What you read.
i dnt mean to sound flippant,but am really trying my best to fathom wat u wrote.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by pbs4real(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
freecocoa:
What you read.
i dnt mean to sound flippant,but am really trying my best to fathom wat u wrote. . .wat do u mean by the whole bible is a lie?sad
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by freecocoa(f): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2015
pbs4real:
i dnt mean to sound flippant,but am really trying my best to fathom wat u wrote. . .wat do u mean by the whole bible is a lie?sad
I'd like to think the comment is self explanatory.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by twosquare(m): 5:16pm On Aug 21, 2015
Lanre747:
Hi guys,

I have been quietly following NL religion section for some years, reading few posts here and there.
There was a time I was really intrigued by the posts of certain members such as Obadiah777, MrPresident1, MostHigh, JesusisLord85. Especially regarding the whole Hebrew connection and how they break down meanings of passages. These posters all hold the New Testament as scripture, from what I can decipher.

But recently,I have been following some Youtube videos by one guy (link below), and after watching it, mehn, I'm really struggling with believing ANYTHING in the new testament.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCafAOkkrGPAr4hEkUW_0Crg
He also has a website. http://www.lietomenomore.org/

The prophecies of Old Testament, as explained by this guy, do not support Jesus as saviour. Please check some of his videos, and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
I'll only advise you: pray to God, believe in Jesus and carry your cross. What you are experiencing now are two things:
A) You are about to be trapped in the spirit of Apostasy that is sweeping over the earth as prophecied by the holy ones
B) You are giving heed to seducing spirits...

Wake up Lanre! We are in the perilous times and it is going to get more intense than this. If a guy or group of guys can sway you away with seducing tongues...ask yourself, how much more the Anti-Christ or the Dragon? Wake up bro..
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by CaptainJune: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
pbs4real:

Are you shocked? Don't be. There are folks with much worse disposition towards the Bible. Judging from your reaction, I pray you never meet them. You may pass out from extreme shock.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by CaptainJune: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
twosquare:
I'll only advise you: pray to God, believe in Jesus and carry your cross. What you are experiencing now are two things:
A) You are about to be trapped in the spirit of Apostasy that is sweeping over the earth as prophecied by the holy ones
B) You are giving heed to seducing spirits...

Wake up Lanre! We are in the perilous times and it is going to get more intense than this. If a guy or group of guys can sway you away with seducing tongues...ask yourself, how much more the Anti-Christ or the Dragon? Wake up bro..

Well said.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Appleyard(m): 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
Lanre747:

I'm sorry sir, but I believe Isaiah 35 speaks of a time to come. It has the hallmarks of end time.

verse 8: And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called The way of holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it; but it shall be for those: the wayfaring men, though fools, shall not err therein.

This has not taken place.

Oh, brother, much of it has, and is still taking place. You still have not grasp it! Much of what Isaiah and most of the other prophets of old talked about, is the restoration and salvation of Isreal (the gentiles inclusive), which was only made possible by the coming of the Messiah as recorded in the synoptic gospels. Jesus reference to the signs done in answer to John's confusing question, was only a testimony to the fact that the whole of the Chapter 35 was prophecying the ministry of the messiah. The restoration and salvation of Isreal started from the physical ministry of the messiah (Jesus Christ-his birth, ministry, death, burial and resurrection), which ministry has left the physical stage (the first appearance as contained in the Gospels) and has entererd the spiritual stage (the outpouring of the Holy Ghost after his departure) to this day.

Now, did i hear you mention "END TIME" OR "END OF DAYS?"

You must understand that the ministry of the messiah goes way beyond the synoptic gospels, and down to the end of days, and beyond the end of days. A two-fold ministry of salvation and restoration. Of salvation-the Jews first-but who were partially blinded so that the Gentiles can be grafted in through grace and faith in Christ (Romans 11 vs 11, and 25). The First appearing and ministry of the messiah kick started the work of grace and salvation-sealing the elect (mostly Gentiles and including Jews that will believe in Him) through faith in Christ until the day of the "catching away".
The Second appearing shall finish the work of salvation started by the First coming, through the rapturing of the gentile bride and elect in Christ--THIS IS YOUR END OF DAYS!
The final salvation and restoration of Isreal shall come to be only after the Gentile bride goes UP, and then He (Jesus) shall return to the rebuilt Temple as " the Son of David", after showing himself to the traditional Jews as the one God they killed on the Cross (Zachariah 12 vs 10). Or where else did they pierce Jehovah? cheesy

So when we talk about The End of Days or End Time, it simply means the Second Coming of Jesus that will rapture those who believe in him, including those that died in truth before now. After that, life goes on. The Anti-Christ is now free to fully operate because, He that has been withholding him (the Holy Spirit-2nd Thess 2 vs 5-10) is now taken away. The tribulation starts, 12,000 each is chosing from each tribe of Isreal, the Lamb make war with the Anti-Christ, its destroyed, the Millineum sets in, etc, etc, etc.

The final end time shall only be when the Devil is cast into the lake of Fire.

Thus, This Whole chapter of Isaiah was more on the reign of Christ--from one stage to the other!

This chapter implies:

Isaiah 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way Not two ways, but one; the way shall be a highway, a way
cast up, raised, and "elevated" ; this is to be understood principally of Christ, the only way of life and salvation; and of the lesser paths of duty and ordinances: and the
meaning is, that in those desert places, where Christ and
his Gospel had not been preached, at least for many ages,
here he should be made known, as the way, the truth, and the life; his Gospel preached, and his ordinances administered; and multitudes, both of Jews and Gentiles,
should be directed and enabled to walk here. Christ is a
highway to both; a way cast up by sovereign grace, which
is raised above the mire and dirt of sin, and carries over it, and from it; a way visible and manifest, clearly pointed to and described in the everlasting Gospel; it is the King's highway, the highway of the King of kings, which he has
ordered and appointed, and is common to all his subjects, high and low, rich and poor, stronger or weaker believers, all may walk in this way; it is an old beaten path, which saints in all ages, from the beginning of the world, have walked in; it is the good old way, the more excellent, the most excellent one; all obstructions and impediments are removed, cast in by sin, Satan, the law, and the world; nor is anyone to be stopped and molested in this way, and all in it shall come safe to their journey's end: and it shall be called The way of holiness; or, "a holy way" ;

Christ is perfectly holy in nature and life, and the holiness of both is imputed to those that are in this way; all in this way are sanctified by the Spirit and grace of God; this way leads to perfect holiness in heaven, and none but holy persons walk here: salvation by Christ no ways discourages the practice of holiness, but is the greatest motive and incentive to it.

Christ leads his people in paths of righteousness; in the paths of truth, of ordinances, and of worship, public and private, all which are holy; and in the path of Gospel conversation and godliness: this way is so holy, that the unclean shall not pass over it; all men are unclean by nature; some are cleansed by the grace of God and blood of Christ; and though, as sanctified, they are not free from sin and the pollution of it, yet, as justified, they are "the undefiled in the way"; and none but such can pass over, or pass through this way to heaven.

Thats all there is to this chapter.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by UyiIredia(m): 8:09am On Aug 23, 2015
freecocoa:
OP the earlier you realise the whole bible is a lie, the better for you.

The whole Bible is a lie ?! Come on ! You aren't that bigoted, are you ?
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by yinkeys(m): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2015
Lanre747:

Thanks for responding sir. I will try and gather my thoughts and summarise them soon. In the meantime, perhaps you can help solve two things that puzzle me:

1) The New Testament speaks of Christ reigning in the Kingdom to come.
The prophet Ezekiel says in 37:24
"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

Either David shall rule over us, or Christ. I'm confused.

2) The New Testament says Jesus is Gods only begotten son
The Most High says in Exodus 4:22 "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:"

In church, people pray to Jesus often. I begin to wonder, have they put him in the place of the Most High. They will say "no", because he is indeed the most high. Yet, Christ did not claim to be the Most High. I'm confused brother!

2 Likes

Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Lanre747: 9:10am On Aug 23, 2015
yinkeys:
May God Almighty in heaven forgive me if I say anything wrong. To my understanding so far, The Creator is God, for the wages of sin is eternal death he gave his only begotten son to die for our sins. We humans have been born sinners since the time of Adam; even an innocent new born has to be baptized & born again. God from the heavens said "This is my only begotten son with whom I am pleased" The Jews don't believe he ever existed or came to die for ours sins, the Muslims believed he was not God's son but a prophet. But in the Quran he is called in particular the Word of God. Am not trying to compare Moses, Jesus & Muhammed but thoroughly look at the life history of the 3 men & you'll find out that Jesus was, will always be a perfect being. He never killed anyone & always preached love even at point of death. Muhammed killed, Moses killed. Jesus teaches us to love our neighbour's & enemies. Jesus was from a pure source & not from sinners most definitely. Even the Quran tells muslims to be very harsh to the unbelievers & to amputate any human caught stealing when we all know everyone's a sinner & some of those Arab men for example secretly sleep with our girls. My conclusion is you all should read the Quran & New Testament. I haven't read the Old Testament but all I know is that Jesus is the light. I was a Muslim, this year I became a follower of Christ. I am a Christian

Sorry, but the Quran mixed with NT? That is confusion. And how can you believe in Jesus when you have not even read the old testament? A guy comes and says he is the son of the God of the Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you don't make it your business to find out who this God is, or who Abraham is? Who Isaac and Jabob are? Wow.

Secondly, you ought to know that on this earth, NOTHING takes place unless the Most High God sanctions it. God kills o, and you better believe it:

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Chronicles 21:18 And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease

NEW TESTAMENT TOO:

Acts 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Sorry brother, but God is a man of war. Not this swan-like passive creature you make him to be. Are not His ways perfect?

Deuteronomy 32:4 says: He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he

All praise to the Most High
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Lanre747: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2015
Appleyard:

Oh, brother, much of it has, and is still taking place. You still have not grasp it! Much of what Isaiah and most of the other prophets of old talked about, is the restoration and salvation of Isreal (the gentiles inclusive), which was only made possible by the coming of the Messiah as recorded in the synoptic gospels. Jesus reference to the signs done in answer to John's confusing question, was only a testimony to the fact that the whole of the Chapter 35 was prophecying the ministry of the messiah. The restoration and salvation of Isreal started from the physical ministry of the messiah (Jesus Christ-his birth, ministry, death, burial and resurrection), which ministry has left the physical stage (the first appearance as contained in the Gospels) and has entererd the spiritual stage (the outpouring of the Holy Ghost after his departure) to this day.

Now, did i hear you mention "END TIME" OR "END OF DAYS?"

You must understand that the ministry of the messiah goes way beyond the synoptic gospels, and down to the end of days, and beyond the end of days. A two-fold ministry of salvation and restoration. Of salvation-the Jews first-but who were partially blinded so that the Gentiles can be grafted in through grace and faith in Christ (Romans 11 vs 11, and 25). The First appearing and ministry of the messiah kick started the work of grace and salvation-sealing the elect (mostly Gentiles and including Jews that will believe in Him) through faith in Christ until the day of the "catching away".
The Second appearing shall finish the work of salvation started by the First coming, through the rapturing of the gentile bride and elect in Christ--THIS IS YOUR END OF DAYS!
The final salvation and restoration of Isreal shall come to be only after the Gentile bride goes UP, and then He (Jesus) shall return to the rebuilt Temple as " the Son of David", after showing himself to the traditional Jews as the one God they killed on the Cross (Zachariah 12 vs 10). Or where else did they pierce Jehovah? cheesy

So when we talk about The End of Days or End Time, it simply means the Second Coming of Jesus that will rapture those who believe in him, including those that died in truth before now. After that, life goes on. The Anti-Christ is now free to fully operate because, He that has been withholding him (the Holy Spirit-2nd Thess 2 vs 5-10) is now taken away. The tribulation starts, 12,000 each is chosing from each tribe of Isreal, the Lamb make war with the Anti-Christ, its destroyed, the Millineum sets in, etc, etc, etc.

The final end time shall only be when the Devil is cast into the lake of Fire.

Thus, This Whole chapter of Isaiah was more on the reign of Christ--from one stage to the other!

This chapter implies:

Isaiah 35:8 And an highway shall be there, and a way Not two ways, but one; the way shall be a highway, a way
cast up, raised, and "elevated" ; this is to be understood principally of Christ, the only way of life and salvation; and of the lesser paths of duty and ordinances: and the
meaning is, that in those desert places, where Christ and
his Gospel had not been preached, at least for many ages,
here he should be made known, as the way, the truth, and the life; his Gospel preached, and his ordinances administered; and multitudes, both of Jews and Gentiles,
should be directed and enabled to walk here. Christ is a
highway to both; a way cast up by sovereign grace, which
is raised above the mire and dirt of sin, and carries over it, and from it; a way visible and manifest, clearly pointed to and described in the everlasting Gospel; it is the King's highway, the highway of the King of kings, which he has
ordered and appointed, and is common to all his subjects, high and low, rich and poor, stronger or weaker believers, all may walk in this way; it is an old beaten path, which saints in all ages, from the beginning of the world, have walked in; it is the good old way, the more excellent, the most excellent one; all obstructions and impediments are removed, cast in by sin, Satan, the law, and the world; nor is anyone to be stopped and molested in this way, and all in it shall come safe to their journey's end: and it shall be called The way of holiness; or, "a holy way" ;

Christ is perfectly holy in nature and life, and the holiness of both is imputed to those that are in this way; all in this way are sanctified by the Spirit and grace of God; this way leads to perfect holiness in heaven, and none but holy persons walk here: salvation by Christ no ways discourages the practice of holiness, but is the greatest motive and incentive to it.

Christ leads his people in paths of righteousness; in the paths of truth, of ordinances, and of worship, public and private, all which are holy; and in the path of Gospel conversation and godliness: this way is so holy, that the unclean shall not pass over it; all men are unclean by nature; some are cleansed by the grace of God and blood of Christ; and though, as sanctified, they are not free from sin and the pollution of it, yet, as justified, they are "the undefiled in the way"; and none but such can pass over, or pass through this way to heaven.

Thats all there is to this chapter.

Is Christ God?
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Lanre747: 9:25am On Aug 23, 2015
CaptainJune:

You're saying Isaiah 11 does not point to Christ without any valid reason behind your opinion. If it does not point to Christ, then who does it talk about? Do you have any idea?

I don't see why you should doubt the New Testament writings. Remember, Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law. He did not come to abolish it. He became that sacrifice of sin as required by the Law. He was the only Person who could atone for the sins of the Jews and the world and permanently wipe away our sins with His spotless blood. The Prophets spoke of His coming.

The life and death and of Jesus Christ fulfilled the prophecies of the prophets in the Old Testament concerning Him. You need to study the Bible carefully to see that Jesus fulfilled the prophecies of the expected Messiah.

I think I do sir: What did Moses say in Deuteronomy 18?

15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Now, this ties up with Isaiah 11, and Isaiah 11 speaks of the end times. God shall send Israel a PROPHET (not God himself, in form of man, but a prophet) in the same way he gave them Moses. Now did Moses claim to be God? Did the people of Israel pray to Moses same way Christians pray and sing hymns to Jesus?

So you can see from Deuteronomy, that that verse undeniably does not fit the description of Jesus. So I ask you, who is Deuteronomy 18 talking about?
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by freecocoa(f): 9:38am On Aug 23, 2015
UyiIredia:

The whole Bible is a lie ?! Come on ! You aren't that bigoted, are you ?
That isn't bigotry dude, as I live with and tolerate people who believe the bible, I just don't have to believe it myself.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by yinkeys(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2015
Lanre747:

Sorry, but the Quran mixed with NT? That is confusion. And how can you believe in Jesus when you have not even read the old testament? A guy comes and says he is the son of the God of the Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and you don't make it your business to find out who this God is, or who Abraham is? Who Isaac and Jabob are? Wow.

Secondly, you ought to know that on this earth, NOTHING takes place unless the Most High God sanctions it. God kills o, and you better believe it:

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.

2 Chronicles 21:18 And after all this the LORD smote him in his bowels with an incurable disease

NEW TESTAMENT TOO:

Acts 12:23 And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.

Sorry brother, but God is a man of war. Not this swan-like passive creature you make him to be. Are not His ways perfect?

Deuteronomy 32:4 says: He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he

All praise to the Most High
if any being likes they should wallow in sinhood or believe Jesus as their Saviour. I wish everyone goodluck here and in the afterlife
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Appleyard(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lanre747:

Is Christ God?
of course Jesus is God!
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Appleyard(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24, 2015
Lanre747:

I think I do sir: What did Moses say in Deuteronomy 18?

15 The Lord thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;
18 I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

Now, this ties up with Isaiah 11, and Isaiah 11 speaks of the end times. God shall send Israel a PROPHET (not God himself, in form of man, but a prophet) in the same way he gave them Moses. Now did Moses claim to be God? Did the people of Israel pray to Moses same way Christians pray and sing hymns to Jesus?

So you can see from Deuteronomy, that that verse undeniably does not fit the description of Jesus. So I ask you, who is Deuteronomy 18 talking about?

I think you are misconstruing the scriptures . First, you should try to understand who a prophet is, who is Jesus? Why was he also called a prophet? What are the signs of the end to Isreal?

First, Prophets are presented in the Bible as having several functions.
First,-- prophets are spokesmen for God. When the people of Israel asked the prophet Samuel for a king, God told Samuel,“Listen to all that the people are saying to you;
it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected me as their king” (1 Samuel 8:7). Samuel was responsible to
relay the Word of God to the people of Israel, and God states that He was the source of Samuel's authority and words. Thus, Samuel the prophet was God's representative. Many other passages in the Old Testament have statements such as “the word of the Lord came to. ..” indicating that the source of the message was God and not the prophet(e.g., 2 Samuel 7:4; 2 Kings 20:4; Jeremiah 1:4; Ezekiel 3:16; and the opening verses of Hosea, Joel, Micah, Jonah, and Zephaniah). Similarly, Jesus taught a heavenly message: “My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me” (John 7:16). He also stated that He spoke“just what the Father has taught me” (John 8:28). In Jesus’ High Priestly Prayer, He says, “I gave them the words you gave me” (John 17:cool. Thus, Jesus clearly fulfilled therole of a prophet, as He was a spokesman for God. The second primary function of a prophet in the Bible is what people commonly think of when they hear the term prophecy, and that is foretelling or predicting future events throughdivine revelation.

Foretelling, though not the prophets’ most common
task, is another form of their primary role. In speaking on God’s behalf, sometimes the message would include predicting the future. Jesus predicted the future when He told His disciples “that hemust go to Jerusalem and
suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life” (Matthew 16:21). This prophecy is recorded as fulfilled in all four
Gospel accounts (Matthew 27—28; Mark 15—16; Luke 22—24; and John 18—20). Jesus also predicted that,
shortly after His ascension, the disciples would receive
power at the coming of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:cool. Acts 2 records the fulfillment of the prophecy: the apostles
received the Holy Spirit and spoke in languages they did not know to proclaim the gospel to at least fifteen different
language groups present in Jerusalem for Pentecost.

Thus, Jesus clearly fulfilled the role of a prophet, as He
spoke predictively. A third function of some of the prophets was healing and miracles. Moses performed many miracles,
including parting the Red Sea (Exodus 14:21–22). Elijah performed a miracle when he called fire down from heaven to burn up a sacrifice (1 Kings 18:36– 38). Elisha performed a miracle when he made the ax head float in the water
(2 Kings 6:6). All four Gospel accounts record Jesus performing many miracles and healings (e.g., Matthew 8:14–15; Mark 1:40–45; Luke 8:42–48; and John 6:16–21). The title “prophet” is used many times in the Gospels when other people refer to Jesus (Matthew 21:11; Luke 7:16; John 4:19).

JESUS THE PROPHET OF DEU 18.

Jesus alluded to Himself as a prophet in Mark 6:4. God had told Moses that someday He would send another prophet to Israel, “and I will put my words in his mouth. He will tell them everything I command him (Deuteronomy 18:18). Jesus was the prophet who fulfilled that prophecy (see Acts 3:22; 7:37). Jesus fulfills all the requirements for a prophet in title, word, and deed. He is the ultimate prophet in that He is the very Word of God Himself (John 1:1).

Also see (Psalms 61:1; Luke 4:18-19; John 8:28; John 12:49; John 14:24).

Deut 18 has nothing to do with the Jews end of days events. Prior to the end, Jesus is, and would remain the Last Prophet to the Jews. It is after Jesus have return and gone up with the church, shall the TWO, (not one) prophets be sent to the jews during the reign of the anti-Christ, and the anti-Christ shall make war with them and shall overcome them them.

isaiah 11 is strictly on the ministry of the messiah-Jesus, which goes from one stage (the first coming-the gospels) to the other (the second coming-the rapture of the saints-end time of the gentile church age), and down to the 3rd (the return to the Temple as the " Son of David",-the millineum setting in etc).

Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Lanre747: 10:00am On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2015
The end of religion will be the beginning of Paradise on earth.

1 Like

Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Image123(m): 11:20am On Sep 20, 2015
Lanre747:
The plot thickens
https://www.nairaland.com/2612272/thought-isaiah-7-prophesied-coming
You're not the first and the last, Jesus is.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Lanre747: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:

You're not the first and the last, Jesus is.

Elaborate. I have read the beginning i.e. Genesis. No mention of that name there.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Image123(m): 12:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lanre747:

Elaborate. I have read the beginning i.e. Genesis. No mention of that name there.

To read is not to know.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Goshen360(m): 1:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:

To read is not to know.

Tell the dude to show you his friends and you can easily tell who he is. ... grin grin grin
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Image123(m): 2:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goshen360:

Tell the dude to show you his friends and you can easily tell who he is. ... grin grin grin

Okay oh, gbo Lanre who are they? You sure say no be you, Gosh.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Goshen360(m): 3:00pm On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:

Okay oh, gbo Lanre who are they? You sure say no be you, Gosh.

Me ke? Olorun o ni je o...lol. Go and check his profile. He got some weird friends listed therein.... grin grin grin
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Image123(m): 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
Goshen360:

Me ke? Olorun o ni je o...lol. Go and check his profile. He got some weird friends listed therein.... grin grin grin
i see. The zionists.
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Goshen360(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
Image123:

i see. The zionists.

Now your eyes don open abi... grin grin grin. Maybe na efen one of the same changing IDs.... grin grin grin
Re: Not Sure I Believe The New Testament Anymore!! by Kobojunkie: 7:04pm On Oct 02, 2023
Lanre747:
1) The New Testament speaks of Christ reigning in the Kingdom to come.
The prophet Ezekiel says in 37:24
"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.
Either David shall rule over us, or Christ. I'm confused.
2) The New Testament says Jesus is Gods only begotten son
The Most High says in Exodus 4:22 "And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:"
In church, people pray to Jesus often. I begin to wonder, have they put him in the place of the Most High. They will say "no", because he is indeed the most high. Yet, Christ did not claim to be the Most High. I'm confused brother!
1. In the Covenant of Salt which God made with David, God promised that the throne of David would be forever in that one descended from the line of David would sit on the throne of Israel forever. God also promised that the King forever would be His Son as well. So, not only would David have the throne forever through His descendant but that descendant would also be a Son of God. undecided

2. Jesus Christ is God's only begotten Son meaning He was created directly from the essence of God Himself. Additionally, human Sons of God are made— they are transformed into Sons of God by way of obedience to God's decree— however, Jesus Christ was born already a Son of God from His mother's womb into the human world - Luke 1. undecided

As for Isreal, that statement in Exodus 4 that you pulled out of context was in fact metaphorical description of the people of Israel by God.
21 While Moses was traveling back to Egypt, the Lord spoke to him, “When you talk to Pharaoh remember to show him all the miracles that I have given you the power to do. But I will cause Pharaoh to be very stubborn. He will not let the people go.
22 Then you should say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the Lord says: Israel is my firstborn son.
23 And I am telling you to let my son go and worship me. If you refuse to let Israel go, then I will kill your firstborn son.’ - Exodus 4 vs 21 - 23
A firstborn son typically refers to one individual in a family but in this case, the term is used in reference to a whole nation of people, a first indication that it is meant to be figuratively processed. In that passage, anyone able to see could tell that God described the people of Israel as having the same importance that a firstborn son would have to the likes of Pharaoh whose firstborn son He, God, threatened. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Pastor Kumuyi A Thief / Living Holy Among The Ungodly / Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International - Oceanic Chapter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.