Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions (2539 Views)

PSC Solar Industries Deep Cycle And Lithium Batteries At Your Grab!!! / Fascinating Images Captures The Power And Scale Of Sea Vessels Around The World / Misconceptions About Solar Power? What Is The Right Answer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 4:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Solar power is already a major force in the world energy generation, and with the advent of even more available options for lithium-ion batteries, the two are quickly becoming the must-have combination for all your energy needs.

But this powerful partnership is more than just a passing trend or fad – it’s the future of off-the-grid energy.

What makes the combined strength of solar panels and lithium power so future-oriented? Here are four of the many reasons why you should be plugging into the combination of solar power and lithium:

Reason #1: Low-Resistance Charging

Lithium-ion batteries are a perfect match for solar energy. This is because lithium batteries require low-resistance charging, which is precisely the power that solar panels provide. As a result, very little energy is wasted in the charging process.

In addition, lithium batteries charge faster in general, making solar panel arrays a better choice for charging since their use is limited to daylight hours.

Reason #2: Longer Life Cycle

Lithium-ion batteries have a much longer life span than other battery power solutions, with a life cycle that’s ten times the length of lead acid batteries. Not only does this mean you have longer lasting, consistent power, but it’s also good news for your solar power/lithium combined setup.

Since the initial installation of a solar power system is so time intensive, you want a battery that matches the life cycle of your solar panels and doesn’t require frequent maintenance or replacement. Because both solar power and lithium batteries have longer life cycles, they’re well matched to provide you with consistent energy over the long term.

Reason #3: Cost Savings Over Time

Traditional lead acid batteries aren’t as expensive as lithium-ion solutions. But once you factor in the cost of frequent replacement, lead acid batteries are easily the most expensive batteries on the market. This doesn’t even take into account the investments of time and effort or any installer costs, which may be even higher with frequent replacement.

Lithium batteries, on the other hand, save you time and money throughout their life span. While initially more expensive, their return on investment in energy savings, ease of use, length of life cycle and streamlined replacement all translate into higher cost savings in the long run. Once you combine these savings with free solar power, the best investment choice is clear.

Reason #4: Virtually Maintenance Free

Unlike other battery solutions, lithium-ion batteries don’t require you to check or increase water levels every three months. Also, lithium batteries are much more portable than lead acid batteries, making them easier to move or change when needed.

Furthermore, lithium power is clean, reducing your maintenance worries. Unlike lead acid batteries, which may create harmful gases when stored in poorly ventilated areas, there’s no need to worry about gaseous toxic buildup from lithium power solutions.

The power generated from your solar arrays is just as clean as lithium power and reduces greenhouse gas emissions, unlike traditional power sources that may have a larger carbon footprint.

The combination of solar power with lithium batteries is the best energy solution for today and for tomorrow. From low-resistance charging to greater time and cost savings, the solar/lithium partnership puts your energy worries to rest.

Greco Solar is a professional solar panel manufacturer, and is one of the first companies that has combined solar power, lithium battery and LED technologies into its revolutionary ‘All-in-One’ integrated solar LED light system. The company is also involved in the development of other solar solutions such as 50W and 80W portable solar systems and 12000BTU/1.50HP solar air conditioning systems.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by darequam(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
To an extent, i think I understand you. However, I'll like you to tutor me on why we can't yet depend fully on Solar energy.
The Lithium ion batteries would be the likes of those found in our laptops and phones right? when i say depend fully on Solar, I mean could there ever be a ' set up' of solar panels and battery, that would to an extent provide a little excessive energy. Ironing, use of pumps or even hair cooling at a comfortable and affordable means.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by JohnKester: 7:12pm On Aug 31, 2015
GrecoSolar:
Solar power is already a major force in the world energy generation, and with the advent of even more available options for lithium-ion batteries, the two are quickly becoming the must-have combination for all your energy needs.

But this powerful partnership is more than just a passing trend or fad – it’s the future of off-the-grid energy.

What makes the combined strength of solar panels and lithium power so future-oriented? Here are four of the many reasons why you should be plugging into the combination of solar power and lithium:

Reason #1: Low-Resistance Charging

Lithium-ion batteries are a perfect match for solar energy. This is because lithium batteries require low-resistance charging, which is precisely the power that solar panels provide. As a result, very little energy is wasted in the charging process.

In addition, lithium batteries charge faster in general, making solar panel arrays a better choice for charging since their use is limited to daylight hours.

Reason #2: Longer Life Cycle

Lithium-ion batteries have a much longer life span than other battery power solutions, with a life cycle that’s ten times the length of lead acid batteries. Not only does this mean you have longer lasting, consistent power, but it’s also good news for your solar power/lithium combined setup.

Since the initial installation of a solar power system is so time intensive, you want a battery that matches the life cycle of your solar panels and doesn’t require frequent maintenance or replacement. Because both solar power and lithium batteries have longer life cycles, they’re well matched to provide you with consistent energy over the long term.

Reason #3: Cost Savings Over Time

Traditional lead acid batteries aren’t as expensive as lithium-ion solutions. But once you factor in the cost of frequent replacement, lead acid batteries are easily the most expensive batteries on the market. This doesn’t even take into account the investments of time and effort or any installer costs, which may be even higher with frequent replacement.

Lithium batteries, on the other hand, save you time and money throughout their life span. While initially more expensive, their return on investment in energy savings, ease of use, length of life cycle and streamlined replacement all translate into higher cost savings in the long run. Once you combine these savings with free solar power, the best investment choice is clear.

Reason #4: Virtually Maintenance Free

Unlike other battery solutions, lithium-ion batteries don’t require you to check or increase water levels every three months. Also, lithium batteries are much more portable than lead acid batteries, making them easier to move or change when needed.

Furthermore, lithium power is clean, reducing your maintenance worries. Unlike lead acid batteries, which may create harmful gases when stored in poorly ventilated areas, there’s no need to worry about gaseous toxic buildup from lithium power solutions.

The power generated from your solar arrays is just as clean as lithium power and reduces greenhouse gas emissions, unlike traditional power sources that may have a larger carbon footprint.

The combination of solar power with lithium batteries is the best energy solution for today and for tomorrow. From low-resistance charging to greater time and cost savings, the solar/lithium partnership puts your energy worries to rest.

Greco Solar is a professional solar panel manufacturer, and is one of the first companies that has combined solar power, lithium battery and LED technologies into its revolutionary ‘All-in-One’ integrated solar LED light system. The company is also involved in the development of other solar solutions such as 50W and 80W portable solar systems and 12000BTU/1.50HP solar air conditioning systems.

I am interested in your analogy and incidentally, I am in the process of setting up a solar power setup in my new house which is in location that is not hooked to our national grid yet. Could you drop your email and we can start a discussion on whether it is possible for me to be your first client.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by chris81964(m): 11:30pm On Sep 01, 2015
A few days ago I put up a post saying that Lithium Phosphate or Lithium Ion batteries would be technology of choice in Nigeria within the next 24 months.
Even though your upfront cost might be higher you actual cost is lower. You can go below a 90% SOC. On your traditional batteries you are only allowed to go down to 50% if you don't want to ruin the batteries.
They have longer cycles. (number of time you can charge and discharge them) Up to 3000 vs 1200 for your regular sealed gel batteries.
We hope to have some to test before the end of the year and we will report our experiences to you.

2 Likes

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by AKKKN: 12:56am On Sep 04, 2015
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 1:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
JohnKester:

I am interested in your analogy and incidentally, I am in the process of setting up a solar power setup in my new house which is in location that is not hooked to our national grid yet. Could you drop your email and we can start a discussion on whether it is possible for me to be your first client.

Hi John, Thanks for your interest in Greco. Please visit our company website at www.grecosolar.com , and send us an email.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 1:15pm On Oct 16, 2015
chris81964:
A few days ago I put up a post saying that Lithium Phosphate or Lithium Ion batteries would be technology of choice in Nigeria within the next 24 months.
Even though your upfront cost might be higher you actual cost is lower. You can go below a 90% SOC. On your traditional batteries you are only allowed to go down to 50% if you don't want to ruin the batteries.
They have longer cycles. (number of time you can charge and discharge them) Up to 3000 vs 1200 for your regular sealed gel batteries.
We hope to have some to test before the end of the year and we will report our experiences to you.
Hi Chris, That's cool. Please feel free to share your test and let me know your experiences. smiley
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 6:48am On Jan 20, 2018
darequam:
To an extent, i think I understand you. However, I'll like you to tutor me on why we can't yet depend fully on Solar energy.
The Lithium ion batteries would be the likes of those found in our laptops and phones right? when i say depend fully on Solar, I mean could there ever be a ' set up' of solar panels and battery, that would to an extent provide a little excessive energy. Ironing, use of pumps or even hair cooling at a comfortable and affordable means.

Firstly, we feel sorry for the late response.

You asked a good question. The combination of solar panel and lead acid battery should be common nowadays, such as in the off-grid solar lighting, solar home system, solar water pumping, etc. While, you may not often see solar panel with lithium ion battery in a project/installation, because the initial cost of a lithium battery is still a little bit high, although its long-term benefits and savings are clear. Another reason is that, solar panel relies on the sunlight to generate adequate electricity, therefore it is usually installed outdoors. For indoor applications, you would scarcely see it.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2018
JohnKester:

Hi John, it's been a long time since your last post. How are you...
You mentioned that, you had set up a solar power system in your new house. May we know how it is running, are you satisfactory with the installation... Thanks
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2018
chris81964:

Hi Chris, how are you... I hope you are doing well. How was your test going with the lithium batteries last time... Thank you for a feedback.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by chris81964(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2018
GrecoSolar:

Hi Chris, how are you... I hope you are doing well. How was your test going with the lithium batteries last time... Thank you for a feedback.
We had delays in bringing them into Nigeria. We hope to run tests next week. Thank you for the follow up.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by chris81964(m): 4:24pm On Jan 25, 2018
We have started installing the Lithium Solution in Ikoyi. We will post pictures once everything is hooked up.

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by saintneo(m): 4:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
chris81964:
We have started installing the Lithium Solution in Ikoyi. We will post pictures once everything is hooked up.

massive mate

1 Like

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 9:19am On Jan 29, 2018
chris81964:

That's cool. You use victron battery. Did you buy directly from victron...
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by chris81964(m): 12:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
GrecoSolar:

That's cool. You use victron battery. Did you buy directly from victron...

Victron refused to sell us Lithium batteries. They insisted on selling us AGM or GEL. Excuse is that they don't sell them in Africa. Absolute horse poop in my opinion.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by GrecoSolar(m): 9:37am On Jan 30, 2018
chris81964:

Victron refused to sell us Lithium batteries. They insisted on selling us AGM or GEL. Excuse is that they don't sell them in Africa. Absolute horse poop in my opinion.

I see. Probably it is not necessary to use Lithium batteries for common off-grid solar system.

We also sell batteries, as a part of our business, but mostly AGM or GEL, which are demanded by customers.
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by zeestone99(m): 10:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
JohnKester:

We are professional installers here n install nationwide.
Look up previous installation on
Fbook- http://facebook.com/monzpowersolutions
Instagram: @monzpowersolutions

Call/whatapp 08117398294

1 Like

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by Gennextech: 5:00am On Jan 31, 2018
Gennex Solar Academy is here again. The 2ndedition of Gennex Solar Academy, become a skilled Solar Engineer or learn the latest techniques and tips for a perfect to make a design perfect Solar installations for Commercial and residen[tial usage.[img][/img]

1 Like

Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by mrsage(m): 4:21pm On Jan 16, 2019
Any new development?
Re: Solar Power And Lithium Are Future Energy Solutions by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 8:37am On Jan 18, 2019
solar and lithium batteries all the way. that is the best but for the cost.

(1) (Reply)

Identical Twins That Has Different Skin Tone / Future Policing, U.S Firm Creates Guns With Camera That Record Sound&Videos(Pic) / Picture: End Of The Rainbow Revealed In Rare Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.