Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition (29168 Views)

Sacked TRACE Staff Attempts Suicide Over N50,000 Debt (photo) / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Flame4chi(m): 6:21am On Aug 17, 2015
For allegedly being discriminated against, a 23-year-old albino, Ugochukwu Ekwe on Sunday committed suicide in the Festac area of Lagos State.
The incident occurred at 311 Road, B Close‎, after the deceased’s parents went to church.

‎It was alleged that the deceased had attempted suicide last month after complaining of the discrimination he suffered from people as a result of his pigmentation.

He was said to have been rescued by a friend who arrived early enough, but he succeeded on Sunday after refusing to follow his parents to church, it was learnt.

A source in the neighbourhood told The Nation that his parents discovered his body hanging on the ceiling fan when they returned from church.

He said: “On arrival from church, his parents were shocked to discover the body of their son hanging from the ceiling fan in one of the apartments.
“One of his siblings was said to have raised alarm which attracted curious neighbours.

“I was returning from church when I saw people gathered in front of the block of flats. When I enquired, I was told that Ugochukwu had committed suicide.

“He finished his secondary school education since 2009. I also learned he had threatened to take his life, saying he was frustrated.”

“Later, we saw some policemen from Festac division who removed the body.”

When contacted, spokesperson for the police command, DSP Patricia Amadin said she was yet to get details from the Area ‘E’ Commander, Frank Mba.

http://thenationonlineng.net/albino-commits-suicide-over-alleged-discrimination/
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by anuma1(m): 6:25am On Aug 17, 2015
He only needed a good G&C. So sad. R.I.P

3 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by pyyxxaro: 6:25am On Aug 17, 2015
The next person has sometin useful to say

Make I go wash plate brb undecided

RIP to the Albino cry

2 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by shobroy10(m): 6:25am On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm may his soul rest in perfect colour but to b candid albino's are outcasts and that makes them vulnerable.

2 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by VickyRotex(f): 6:36am On Aug 17, 2015
""I also learned he had threatened to take his life before now, saying he was frustrated""

And they allowed such a person to be alone. His Parents should be arrested. They killed him indirectly. angry angry angry

May your soul find rest Ugo.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by boboLIL(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2015
He shuld rest in pieces......

Dos that they not complete nko?

I av albinos friends balling wela like ballers

I don't pity people wid such mentality.....
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Newbieeee(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2015
Hm. So sad
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Chibuhealth(f): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2015
No pictures?
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by MegMich(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2015
Stigmatisation!!! People should know that some people are sensitive and thus mind their choice of words.

Aww! What a loss.

Nothing is worth taking your life for.

Singing 'what a friend we've in Jesus'

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by otijah(m): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2015
I think it is better off that way, than being frustrated every minute of the day.

I pray he sits in the right hand of his creator currently

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by ibkgab001: 7:54am On Aug 17, 2015
Setup nah fuckup

Go by the name I think people of that region must have cast spell on him ... Just because of thier normal way of life #money rituals

RIP afinn(albino)
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Nobody: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Demons why.?
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by BCISLTD: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2015
embarassed sad

Check my signature. Call or whatsapp
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by blessedvisky(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Ok
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by StRichard(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2015
Hmmmm
RIP
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
anuma1:
He only needed a good G&C. So sad. R.I.P

Bro whats G&C?

2 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by chukyrooy(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Say No to discrimination of any kind. RIP
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
[size=14]Even though I don't support the discrimination, but the guy is an a$$-hole for taking his own life. I've seen successful albinos in life.[/size]

I heard Wayne rooney too is an albino grin

1 Like

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by mrcasanova1(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Damn! Ending one's life will never be a solution to a problem.

As popular as he is, Dani Alves was once thrown a banana on the field of play by some stvpid racist fans, dude picked up the banana and ate it.

There will always be haters... But we all need tough skins.

RIP to the deceased

3 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by SouthernBreeze(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Eyah shocked
boboLIL:
He shuld rest in pieces......

Dos that they not complete nko?

I av albinos friends balling wela like ballers

I don't pity people wid such mentality.....

Man, I guess He was POSSESSED
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by IamOpemipo(m): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Rip elesho embarassed

Never leave som1 with suicidal tendencies / gestures alone
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by exlinkleads(f): 7:56am On Aug 17, 2015
Ah broda

The descrimination too much oooo

Guys make una free them oooooo

1 Like

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Gigabite(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2015
embarassed EYEA WE SHOULD HAVE CALL THAT WHITE MAN THAT WAS INJECTING HIMSELF WITH ONE SOMETANCE TO HELP US CHANGE HIM TO BLACK.

ANY BODY THAT DISCRIMINATE AGAINS ALBINO AGAIN IS A TERORIST.

Please house of assemble take note we need constitutional amendment.

2 Likes

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Gigabite(m): 7:57am On Aug 17, 2015
RIP
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by hazyfm1: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2015
NOT A REASON TO COMMIT SUICIDE THOUGH

RIP

1 Like

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by priscaoge(f): 7:58am On Aug 17, 2015
Suicide is never an option!

His parents wouldn't have left him alone in the house since he tried committing suicide before undecided undecided undecided

On the other hand people should mind their choice of words when talking to others. You don't abuse or humiliate people because of the color of their skin or how they look like. They didn't create themselves angry angry angry angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 17, 2015
And you still came here to call him 'albino' - a clearly derogatory term?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Oyintari Ajanami In Bayelsa / Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts / NDLEA Questions Obi Cubana Over Alleged Drug Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.