Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition (29166 Views)

Sacked TRACE Staff Attempts Suicide Over N50,000 Debt (photo) / 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition / JSS 3 Student Commits Suicide Over Love Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by VickyRotex(f): 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
ElPhoche:

Truth be said, he is no child and it is impossible for his parents to be with him always. He is old enough to take his decision. A whole lit of Albinos have persevered in d midst of persecution and discrimination. What of those ones being killed in East Africa for rituals. Have they taken to suicide?

leonshom:

Oh what are you saying again? He's 23, and you expect his parents to follow him about? You must be joking. If you've suggested counseling or sumtin like DAT, I could still reason along. Suicide is a victimless crime cus d victim is also the culprict. I'll rather blame the society that is full of discrimination !

czarr:
so you want them to follow him about all his life. undecided

Agbalanze:

So u expect the parents to watch over him 24/7?
Its no fault of the parents, though I feel his pain. RIP to him.

Tuatara:

As if that would stop him from killing himself.

You still dont get my point.

I'm majorly concerned about the day he committed the suicide, they shouldnt have left him!

Read this from the write up

""It was alleged that the deceased had attempted suicide last month after complaining of the discrimination he suffered from people as a result of his pigmentation.
He was said to have been rescued by a friend who arrived early enough, but he succeeded on Sunday after refusing to follow his parents to church, it was learnt"".

Now, for someone who has attempted suicide once, is it right to leave him at home and go to Church, for hours, with nobody monitoring him?
Since his parents couldnt get him a counsellor to get rid of depression, why dint they monitor him closely? I still maintain my stands, I blame the parents more. The guy is dead, there's no point blaming him for taking his life. If they had assisted him earlier, he'd have got his confidence back.
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by zoraro(m): 1:07am On Aug 18, 2015
VickyRotex:

Now, for someone who has attempted suicide once, is it right to leave him at home and go to Church, for hours, with nobody monitoring him?
Since his parents couldnt get him a counsellor to get rid of depression, why dint they monitor him closely? I still maintain my stands, I blame the parents more. The guy is dead, there's no point blaming him for taking his life. If they had assisted him earlier, he'd have got his confidence back.

You are absolutely right, I don't know why some others are not getting your point. He should have been under surveillance for some months at least after the first suicide attempt.

1 Like

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by VickyRotex(f): 5:29am On Aug 18, 2015
zoraro:

You are absolutely right, I don't know why some others are not getting your point. He should have been under surveillance for some months at least after the first suicide attempt.

Exactly!!! Thank you!

1 Like

Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by stonecoldcafe: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2015
shobroy10:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm may his soul rest in perfect colour but to b candid albino's are outcasts and that makes them vulnerable.

Outcasts? Maybe in your community. Its all about how you do yourself and you must be confident. They already stand out so seize that opportunity and make the best of it.

FYI Its your type that kill the vunerable ones by referring to them as outcasts.
Re: 23-yr-old Albino Commits Suicide Over Condition by anuma1(m): 6:47am On Aug 30, 2015
mcchaka:

Bro whats G&C?

Guidance and Counselling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Boy In Benin City (Photos) / Gunmen Kidnap Oyintari Ajanami In Bayelsa / Lekki Hotel Rape: Lagos Will Continue Prosecution Of 2 Babcock Dropouts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.