Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,094 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102083 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by rocoh(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2015
TWO (2) DAYS LEFT

Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme and Awards 2016
OFA

http://www.opportunitiesforafricans.com/offshore-west-africa-youth-empowerment-programme-and-awards-2016/

http://www.lonadek.com/owa/

The Energy Institute, Lonadek and Offshore West Africa are pleased to present the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme which is scheduled to take place on the 26-28 January 2016 at the Eko Hotels & Suites, Victoria Island, Lagos. The event is for a maximum of 300 youths. All undergraduate students from African offshore hydrocarbon producing countries (Ghana, Nigeria, Angola etc) in attendance would qualify for a free one year membership of the Energy Institute (EI), courtesy of the EI.

Conceptualized by Lonadek in collaboration with the Energy Institute Nigeria and UK, the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme is owned by Offshore West Africa/PennWell and is designed to provide learning and development opportunities to both students and young professionals who want to establish, develop and build their careers in Oil and Gas. The youth empowerment platform was developed as part of efforts towards building and developing local capacity, capability and competence of youths and young professionals.

The programme launched in 2015, with the inaugural Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment programme attracting more than 100 delegates, and following on from the success the programme has been significantly expanded in 2016 to host 300 students and young professionals from across West Africa.

The economic bedrock of any country is the active youth population and early age labor force (young professionals). Youth empowerment is a holistic means of education, enlightenment, empowerment and engagement.

Careers in the energy industry is fast changing due to the variable energy source types, rapid technological advancement, fast-changing consumer needs and continuously adapting work environments. Organisations are paying more attention to skills and competencies that are required to optimize and utilize natural resources for energy and power. Emphasis is being laid more on learning and development with continuous professional development being viewed as a major success driver in human capital development.

Registration Process

Interested students and young professionals are enjoined to indicate interests to attend the programme by registering on http://www.lonadek.com/owa/.
Separate entry forms exist for students and young professionals.
Upon registration, applicants will be assigned unique application numbers.
Successful applicants would be notified before the event and then assigned registration numbers which will give them access to the programme.
The students are classified into HND, B.Sc., M.Sc. and PhD while the young professionals are categorized as National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members, unemployed graduates and employed graduates.
Applicants are required to supply their name, position/job title, university name/company name, street address or P.O. Box, city, country, phone number, fax (if available) and email address during registration.

OffShore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme Award 2016

Interested candidates for the OWA SPA are required to submit a one-page abstract of no more than 500 words on any topic of interest in the Oil and Gas industry vis-a-vis the theme of the 2016 OWA conference : Positioning for a Sustainable Future.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their abstracts via mail to owayepaward@lonadek.com on/before January 15, 2016.
After the deadline, the submitted abstracts will be subjected to a fair evaluation and assessment process by Lonadek using standard technical write up evaluation criteria.
One (1) winner would emerge after screening and the winner’s details will be revealed during the 2016 OWA YEP.
The SPA awardee would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
The awardee would be prominently featured in the 2017 OWA YEP event guide. Optional mentoring and coaching would be provided.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow students.
The OWA YPA is designed to recognize and reward excellence, commitment and dedication of the young professionals.
The award will reward active participants with robust continuous professional development activities in relation to their personal and professional development such as:

Documented self-development through private studies and research
Involvement in professional groups and committees
Official secondments and engagements on special projects
Work-based activities including on the job learning and development.

Award

The winner would receive a complimentary pass to attend the 2017 OWA as a delegate.
Award plaques would also be presented to the awardee as a mark of recognition and motivation to fellow colleagues
All participating undergraduate students from Ghana and Nigeria will undergo the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program and also receive complimentary membership of the Energy Institute through its Young Professionals Network.

The Youth Empowerment Programme a key CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiative of PennWell, is an integral part of the Offshore West Africa 2016 schedule and is available for a maximum of 300 youths/students. Interested students and young professionals are therefore invited to indicate their interest in either category of award.

For More Information:

Visit the Official Webpage of the Offshore West Africa Youth Empowerment Programme

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Berbatee1(m): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2015
Bro, d application has closed since 19th November for this year. U can apply next year around September.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 31, 2015
Last night, I dreamt that I visited the Federal Scholarship Board secretariat to make inquiries about @Dongreat's claim that the successfully nominated candidates have been contacted. However, the woman I spoke to said that nobody has been contacted, but that the FSB will soon publish the names of successful applicants. So I'm still waiting cheesy grin
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 9:13am On Dec 31, 2015
GrammarNazi:
Last night, I dreamt that I visited the Federal Scholarship Board secretariat to make inquiries about @Dongreat's claim that the successfully nominated candidates have been contacted. However, the woman I spoke to said that nobody has been contacted, but that the FSB will soon publish the names of successful applicants. So I'm still waiting cheesy grin

LoL, smell sarcasm Bro. I did call em on the 23rd and that was what I was told. I won't want to be the deliverer of bad news but I had to, to help sm peep here. If untrue, well...
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dongreat:

LoL, smell sarcasm Bro. I did call em on the 23rd and that was what I was told. I won't want to be the deliverer of bad news but I had to, to help sm peep here. If untrue, well...

Please give us the number you called, let me call them for confirmation.
Thanks!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
GrammarNazi:

Please give us the number you called, let me call them for confirmation.
Thanks!

Here man 07098201344 or 08059108898. Got em both in this tread. Though the first went tru.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2015
Dongreat:

Here man 07098201344 or 08059108898. Got em both in this tread. Though the first went tru.

I've tried both of them but they're switched off. Na till next year be dat... sad
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by osinachifestus(m): 11:48am On Jan 03, 2016
Can we do something for the benefit of the future generation. Complaining changes nothing. I am thinking of petitioning the Common Wealth Scholarship Board; letting them know the poor nature of the conduct and the irregularities in the selection process of the Federal Scholarship Board and implore them to relieve them of the nominating power and give it to The British High Commission Abuja. We can all sign by giving our names and CSC ID. Happy Sunday Friends

5 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Hotsemo: 1:04pm On Jan 03, 2016
osinachifestus:
Can we do something for the benefit of the future generation. Complaining changes nothing. I am thinking of petitioning the Common Wealth Scholarship Board; letting them know the poor nature of the conduct and the irregularities in the selection process of the Federal Scholarship Board and implore them to relieve them of the nominating power and give it to The British High Commission Abuja. We can all sign by giving our names and CSC ID. Happy Sunday Friends

I concur

4 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 1:14pm On Jan 03, 2016
osinachifestus:

Man you are so on point. I spoke to my sis about this statement last year and she suggested excatly what you wrote here. I am 101% in support of you and swear with me granddad left balls not to chicken out. If we petition FSB and request it is handled by the a fair panel made up of the british CSC, posterity will forever appreciate our effort. I am willing to provided every details required man. Enough of the youth eating poo from our corrupt old men. I have nothing to lose but everything to gain

GrammaNazi, ProudOlodo, afebken

4 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
Dongreat:

Man you are so on point. I spoke to my sis about this statement last year and she suggested excatly what you wrote here. I am 101% in support of you and swear with me granddad left balls not to chicken out. If we petition FSB and request it is handled by the a fair panel made up of the british CSC, posterity will forever appreciate our effort. I am willing to provided every details required man. Enough of the youth eating poo from our corrupt old men. I have nothing to lose but everything to gain

GrammaNazi, ProudOlodo, afebken

I'm with you guys on this. I've been thinking of doing something along those lines. Enough is enough. We need a more transparent selection process!!!

5 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by lazfada: 7:02pm On Jan 03, 2016
I am with you guys, Let's start ASAP so that we don't loose steam.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by osinachifestus(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2016
I am happy to know that many are seeing reasons with me.... I will work out how to go about as soon as possible. I will most appreciate any helpful contribution from anyone. You can contact me @ ifyfestus@gmail.com. Thanks all

4 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by krie00707: 3:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
Where are these petition guys?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2016
@osinachifestus, pls are you ready cos it's now or never. You have peeps in your support.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by osinachifestus(m): 10:56pm On Jan 13, 2016
I will post an update on that very soon. Thanks for your support!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 10:45pm On Jan 18, 2016
PresVA:
You don't need to get a mail before you attend the interview. . Just go with all d requirements as long as you applied successfully. .

Log in to your portal, go to the referee section and print the page that shows 3 of 3 references received. .That's your evidence.

Hey PresVA,did you forward your reference form to ur referees urself or common wealth scholarship contacted them directly?

My shared scholarship application is still showing 0 of 3 referees received so far.

Tags: IlorinBoy1 and anyone wit knowledge of this,please rply asap.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 12:33am On Jan 19, 2016
mizskyhigh:

Hey PresVA,did you forward your reference form to ur referees urself or common wealth scholarship contacted them directly?

My shared scholarship application is still showing 0 of 3 referees received so far.

Tags: IlorinBoy1 and anyone wit knowledge of this,please rply asap.

None of your referees have sent their reference reports.
Go back to your csc form and click on references. At the extreme end, after the referees email address, you will see resend emails. Kindly click on the buttons.

Contact your referees and plead with them to check their email and send their recommendations.
All is well that ends well.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 6:39am On Jan 19, 2016
Daninya11:

Go back to your csc form and click on references. At the extreme end, after the referees email address, you will see resend emails. Kindly click on the buttons.

Contact your referees and plead with them to check their email and send their recommendations.

Thanks a lot,av resend it,will call and let them know.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by IlorinBoy1: 8:55am On Jan 19, 2016
Daninya11:

Yes, I agree with Daninya. If that doesn't work, u can mail the CSC guys to help u check from d back end. Last time (CSC scholarship, not shared), they told me my referees had already attempted to submit references unsuccessfully. So I had to send scanned letter. But d bottom line is u can mail them, they respond.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by aileru(m): 9:31am On Jan 19, 2016
@daninyall pls can I av a private chat wit u on watsapp... Ma nos is 08069091571
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PresVA: 9:37am On Jan 19, 2016
mizskyhigh:

Tags: Ilorin.Boy1 and anyone wit knowledge of this,please rply asap.

Commonwealth contacts them directly... you have to keep contacting your referees and ensure they send their references. .

All the best..
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by babatundea877: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2016
If it hasn't reflect that one or all of the referees has/have responded. A polite way of convincing the referee(s) is to assist you, is for him or her to send you an alternative email address for there is option to substitute an already registered referee's email with another but no room for complete replacement of a submitted referee.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Light12(m): 10:11am On Feb 03, 2016
Please what is our fate in scholarship? Should we keep hoping for e-mails from Federal Nominating Board, Abuja? Or are we to take the regretting e-mail sent to all as the show down of the exercise? Please I need a sincere and genuine reply. Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 6:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
Who else received this communication the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (I'm assuming it's from them though the Gmail address makes it more likely to be from the Nigerian Federal Scholarship Board or a different body entirely) undecided

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 1:22am On Feb 04, 2016
GrammarNazi:
Who else received this communication the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (I'm assuming it's from them though the Gmail address makes it more likely to be from the Nigerian Federal Scholarship Board or a different body entirely) undecided

bro i got mine as well but am really sure its not fro CSC cos they do not have a gmail address. its highly likely that its from FSB as they might be up to something fishy; very fishy. i hope @osinachifestus can make haste telling us how we can petition FSB as they are very unreliable and full of nepotism

Light12:
Please what is our fate in scholarship? Should we keep hoping for e-mails from Federal Nominating Board, Abuja? Or are we to take the regretting e-mail sent to all as the show down of the exercise? Please I need a sincere and genuine reply. Thanks

bro forget about getting any success email as the whole exercise was nothing but a folly test performed by people parading em selves as men of honour. Until Nigeria is free from nepotism nothing genuine can happen as the scholarship slots may have being bought by powerful men. My honest take.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by babatundea877: 7:44am On Feb 04, 2016
Hi guys,

I do not know whether true or false. I was informed by a fellow participant that ultimate decision by CSC should still be anticipated as it will be unveiled, following the regret mail, in few months time into the future, specifically March.

The same person has claimed and I confirmed that she knows an official in FSB and assured she will get further info in details
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Dongreat:

bro i got mine as well but am really sure its not fro CSC cos they do not have a gmail address. its highly likely that its from FSB as they might be up to something fishy; very fishy. i hope @osinachifestus can make haste telling us how we can petition FSB as they are very unreliable and full of nepotism

bro forget about getting any success email as the whole exercise was nothing but a folly test performed by people parading em selves as men of honour. Until Nigeria is free from nepotism nothing genuine can happen as the scholarship slots may have being bought by powerful men. My honest take.

Let's all respond to the mail, stating our case. This is our best opportunity to petition the FSB, like we've been planning to...we have nothing to lose!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 04, 2016
Dongreat:

bro post=42600285]

bro forget about getting any success email as the whole exercise was nothing but a folly test performed by people parading em selves as men of honour. Until Nigeria is free from nepotism nothing genuine can happen as the scholeing bought by powerful men. My honest take.

Let's all respond to the mail, stating our case. This is our best opportunity to petition the FSB, like we've been planning to...we have nothing to lose!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by ascendo(m): 10:08am On Feb 04, 2016
GrammarNazi:

and if we perish, we perish!
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 11:26am On Feb 04, 2016
GrammarNazi:

ascendo:
and if we perish, we perish!

bros my sincere advise to you is do not reply the message. its definitely not from CSC. you cannot win a case against me as me being the chief judge of that same case if you understand what i mean. the mail also requested that we put our EAS number. trust me man, if you reply that mail you have everything to lose as you may be blacklisted by FSB and shut out from further scholarship through FSB. if we really want to petition FSB then we have to come together, write a petition mail, signed by all as many as a thousand (from my time in d UK signature by one entity carried weight and will be given fair hearing) and submit to CSC email. Pls do not reply.

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mawo: 11:39am On Feb 04, 2016
God bless you Dongreat. Pls read dis email

Hello

Please I got ur email from d nairaland thread. I cant comment on d thread because I just got a new account. Pls can u help me pass dis msg on to d thread. Sm1 pasted an email from a gmail acc I was amazed dat ppl actually think it's from commonwealth even with all d spelling and grammatical errors. When FSB sent us d invitation for interview in Dec they copied all d applicants on d same email therefore each applicant has access to all 400 plus emails and any one cld have gotten it via dis means. It's obviously a scam because it's not from FSB and who ever it is is claiming to be from commonwealth.

Secondly anyone can contact commonwealth I did via their official website http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/ click on About Us and click contact us http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/about-us/contact-us/. I did dat and got a response within days from their valid email info@cscuk.org.uk.
So applicants can contact them via dat means.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.