Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,370 members, 7,808,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY - Jobs/Vacancies (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY (102087 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 6:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
osinachifestus:
Please, with no ulterior motive but to ease our communications, I suggest a group Whatsapp chat or facebook... My Whatsapp account - , facebook: OSINACHI FESTUS................................ @ Dongreat, @ GrammarNazi, ...God bless you all!

Pls let's start the petition before a whatsapp group. We might derail in whatsapp cos of few followers but with the petition we will gather followers as that's our plan. So petition first pls. In case you are starting just let the house know and we will fashion ideas together on Wat to write. Cheers brother

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2016
Dongreat:

Pls let's start the petition before a whatsapp group. We might derail in whatsapp cos of few followers but with the petition we will gather followers as that's our plan. So petition first pls. In case you are starting just let the house know and we will fashion ideas together on Wat to write. Cheers brother
I bet I very much agree with this,lets create a petition first before the WhatsApp group.

2 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by osinachifestus(m): 11:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
Dongreat:

I tried to send you a mail; I really need some of us to fashion out the format before bringing it out here for deliberations... I didn't mean a Whatsapp chat could do anything more. I see it as an easier means of communication. Please do contact me through that Whatsapp account.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Dongreat(m): 12:09am On Feb 16, 2016
osinachifestus:

I tried to send you a mail; I really need some of us to fashion out the format before bringing it out here for deliberations... I didn't mean a Whatsapp chat could do anything more. I see it as an easier means of communication. Please do contact me through that Whatsapp account.

OK man. Please You can contact me on this mail, atagana.great@yahoo.com. Am sure we can fashion out something. Cheers bro

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PrinceTegaton(m): 7:51am On Aug 03, 2016
mizskyhigh:

I applied last year,wasn't offered tho,but I was given admission. Deferred my admission to next year so I can give it a try again. I hope to be considered.

@Mercythrone,radiantochi,jamanuka,busdebbie,dongreat,chaymastic....,there are different forms of CommonWealth scholarship(partly funded,fully funded etc),first you have to know which one you want to apply for,then you check the list of schools participating in the scholarship and the eligible courses(note that not all courses are eligible for scholarship).

A nominating agency is just an organization that serves as an intermediary between you and the CommonWealth scholarship board e.g ministry of Education,a Uk organization,the school you are applying to etc...applicants are not allowed to forward their application directly to the scholarship board hence the need for a nominating agency,and as the name implies"nominating" they are the ones who nominate you for the said scholarship.

Just download the guidelines and you'll be fine.

In case of any question(which I doubt if there will be any after downloading and reading the applicant's guide) I'll be here to answer to the best of my knowledge.

CommonWealth scholarship is a very prestigious one and competitive,brace up,have 24hrs internet access and have faith.

I wish us all,goodluck.

Hey man, pls around how much £ did it cost you to apply for admission in a UK university and which extra exams did you sit for like GMAT, IELTS, english test and so.. Pls reply asap... Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mawo: 8:29am On Aug 03, 2016
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by graceforum: 8:38am On Aug 03, 2016
How to apply for admission? Admission is free in the UK please. Apply online and kindly dont register for any foreign exams EXCEPT the school has gone through your documentation and REQUESTS you to do an exam. Most Universities in the UK will AWARD an UNCONDITIONAL offer withOUT IELTS etc. So dont do it except ur requested to do. I know for example University of Manchester and Even Imperial college dont requests for IELTS as long as u provide ur transcript and WAEC results.

APPLY ONLINE PLEASE
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by graceforum: 8:42am On Aug 03, 2016
I would advise hopefuls in the house to apply for NITDA scholarship http://scholarship.nitda.gov.ng/. And PTDF scholarship later in the year around October November. I dont want to discourage anyone from COMMONWEALTH scholarship but LAST year the process was organised by FED scholarship board and I cant say the process was transparent.

How far with our petition?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by mizskyhigh: 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2016
PrinceTegaton:

Hey man, pls around how much £ did it cost you to apply for admission in a UK university and which extra exams did you sit for like GMAT, IELTS, english test and so.. Pls reply asap... Thanks

Hello PrinceTegaton,it cost me absolutely nothing to apply(it might be different with other schools) and I didn't sit for any exams cos the school I applied to accepts IELTS, TOEFL or a minimum of c6 in WAEC.

Hope this helps,I wish you luck in your application.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by PrinceTegaton(m): 9:38am On Aug 05, 2016
mizskyhigh:

Hello PrinceTegaton,it cost me absolutely nothing to apply(it might be different with other schools) and I didn't sit for any exams cos the school I applied to accepts IELTS, TOEFL or a minimum of c6 in WAEC.

Hope this helps,I wish you luck in your application.

mizskyhigh thanks. but some of the schools i attemped to fill the masters form have nonrefundable fee of about 25 to 30 pounds?
And pls which sch did you apply to?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by kolladey(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2016
DMainMan:
APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY

http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/apply/scholarships-developing-cw/

Deadline: November 19, 2015.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by narpheesarh: 6:51am On Oct 03, 2016
Hi everyone, if one is applying for. PhD scholarship through FSB, does the University of choice need to be one of the listed commonwealth universities as well? Or can one apply to any UK university? Thanks
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by kbars: 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2016
I also saw the condition stated that the masters course You will put in for must be a one year course. Pls any thing about that?
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by eeddiiee(f): 3:28am On Oct 06, 2016
TekBridge Nigeria is an emerging corporation with capabilities in ICT, CONSTRUCTION, OIL AND GAS, PROFESSIONAL AND ENGINEERING CONSULTANCY SERVICES. We are in need of experienced professionals (not less than 3 years of experience ) in these fields for immediate employment in Uyo. Qualified candidates should send their CVs in pdf to eddyjoe72@yahoo.com

Deadline 8th October, 20l6
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by biddie13: 10:16pm On Oct 22, 2016
narpheesarh:
Hi everyone, if one is applying for. PhD scholarship through FSB, does the University of choice need to be one of the listed commonwealth universities as well? Or can one apply to any UK university? Thanks
I believe it should be one of the listed commonwealth universities. At least to play safe
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by biddie13: 10:17pm On Oct 22, 2016
kbars:
I also saw the condition stated that the masters course You will put in for must be a one year course. Pls any thing about that?
Most masters courses in the UK runs for a year
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by EleojoA: 6:08pm On Oct 30, 2016
My experience with the 2015 commonwealth application

I completed my application and attended the commonwealth scholarship nomination interview (as required) at the FSB sometime in December 2015. I later received the unfortunate news of my failure at the nomination interview; however, I got another foreign sponsorship for thesame programme, so I'm now happily studying at my choice university (and programme) in the UK.

Recently, I met a second time (i.e. PhD) commonwealth scholarship beneficiary, who hesitantly hinted me about some of the backyard/underground runs that happens with the nomination by the FSB, Abuja. In fact, I am not sure that the fellow I spoke with attended that 2015 commonwealth scholarship FSB nomination interview, yet he was nominated and eventually awarded the scholarship for the second time. Though he is very qualified for the scholarship, I gathered that he also has some strong connections in government that influences his initial nominations by the FSB.

The big issue is that in Nigeria, there are far many overqualified/over-competent candidates than can be accommodated by the commonwealth scholarship scheme, so in addition to being overly qualified for the scholarship, you also need to have some connections or do some lobbying to get nominated in the first place. Only after your successful nomination can you be considered by the international CSC for the award. Though I do not encourage this, one way is to lobby the FSB bosses maybe by promising them handsome returns from the scholarship monthly stipends if they successfully ensure your nomination for the scholarship.

What I am trying to say in essence is that in Nigeria, being overly qualified and meeting all the requirements for the Commonwealth Scholarship award does not guarantee that you will be successful at the nomination stage. You have to do something extra in order to be successfully nominated. It is now up to you to figure out how to go about that.

This should in no way discourage (potential) applicants anyway, as miracles do happen and sometimes there are exceptions to every trend. It is just that in this case, the odds are already against whoever cannot influence his/her FSB nomination either physically or spiritually (i.e. prayerfully).

Best wishes with all your commonwealth scholarship applications

3 Likes

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by BRAINNY(m): 9:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Hello guys, Please can I change one of the universities or upload an offer letter now that we've long submitted our applications? Please, your responses are urgently needed, thanks.
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by tosinfresh(m): 2:33pm On Nov 26, 2016
EleojoA:
My experience with the 2015 commonwealth application

I completed my application and attended the commonwealth scholarship nomination interview (as required) at the FSB sometime in December 2015. I later received the unfortunate news of my failure at the nomination interview; however, I got another foreign sponsorship for thesame programme, so I'm now happily studying at my choice university (and programme) in the UK.

Recently, I met a second time (i.e. PhD) commonwealth scholarship beneficiary, who hesitantly hinted me about some of the backyard/underground runs that happens with the nomination by the FSB, Abuja. In fact, I am not sure that the fellow I spoke with attended that 2015 commonwealth scholarship FSB nomination interview, yet he was nominated and eventually awarded the scholarship for the second time. Though he is very qualified for the scholarship, I gathered that he also has some strong connections in government that influences his initial nominations by the FSB.

The big issue is that in Nigeria, there are far many overqualified/over-competent candidates than can be accommodated by the commonwealth scholarship scheme, so in addition to being overly qualified for the scholarship, you also need to have some connections or do some lobbying to get nominated in the first place. Only after your successful nomination can you be considered by the international CSC for the award. Though I do not encourage this, one way is to lobby the FSB bosses maybe by promising them handsome returns from the scholarship monthly stipends if they successfully ensure your nomination for the scholarship.

What I am trying to say in essence is that in Nigeria, being overly qualified and meeting all the requirements for the Commonwealth Scholarship award does not guarantee that you will be successful at the nomination stage. You have to do something extra in order to be successfully nominated. It is now up to you to figure out how to go about that.

This should in no way discourage (potential) applicants anyway, as miracles do happen and sometimes there are exceptions to every trend. It is just that in this case, the odds are already against whoever cannot influence his/her FSB nomination either physically or spiritually (i.e. prayerfully).

Best wishes with all your commonwealth scholarship applications
Pls what is the interview procedure like? Is it written or oral
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by Stevostical(m): 1:32am On Nov 28, 2016
tosinfresh:
Pls what is the interview procedure like? Is it written or oral
Oral
Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by KingBish(f): 6:44am On Nov 28, 2016
EleojoA:
however, I got another foreign sponsorship for the same programme, so I'm now happily studying at my choice university (and programme) in the UK.

Hi,

Please what was the other foreign scholarship you got?

1 Like

Re: APPLY FOR 2016 COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP FOR MSC AND PHD AT UK UNIVERSITY by tosinfresh(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hi, what's happening so far? Should we still be expecting a success feedback, or at this point the people who haven't gotten any text should just move on?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Nigerian Army DSSC/SSC 2012 / Monthly Salary Of A Federal Road Safety (FRSC) Officer? / Ernst And Young (EY) 2019 Graduate Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.