Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

How Do You Know Its True Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know Its True Love? (18137 Views)

Differences Between True Love And Fake Love / So Its True That Ghanian Girls Are Better Than Nigerian Girls / Self Proclaimed Virgins - Can Guys Really Tell If Its True? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know Its True Love? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2005
Everyday, all around the world, millions of people "fall in love". But how do you know when it's the real thing?

Is it that you always want to see him/her, you always want to make love at every second, or a day without him/her is like a million light years? Well somebody tell me and the biggest question of all is: does true love exist?
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by icingbaby(f): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2005
you just know, by the way you do thing with each other,
when you still want to spend time with him or she even when you
feel like being alone. that how you know. smiley
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by hotangel2(f): 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2005
You know it's true love when you have had a long term fight, and after the fight.. You both still get back together. smiley
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by layi(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2005
Use Time as a guage/detector. If u see each vwery often and spent quailty. See if u still remain together after a few yrs and u still got strong feeling for each other. Then its probably love..

BTW..there is no such thing as true or false love. its either Love or NOT.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by sweetnini(f): 10:41pm On Oct 30, 2005
u will know by the way he/she looks and smiles at u
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' shows affection towards you
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''cares for u
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''talks to u
and it goes on
but to cut it short u would know by looking deep into ur heart
allow ur heart work not ur brain or mind
let the heart lead you
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Scorpio(f): 12:24am On Oct 31, 2005
You'll know it true luv by the time you realise that you haven't felt that way towards anyone ever b4. when you find yourself doing the silliest of all things, you'll recognize it.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 01, 2005
When you wish words could express the thoughts that you have towards someone. And when you says "I love you" and you felt the greater percent of your words are still unexpressed. But of course, you know what you are try to say is that your heart beats for the one you are in love with and your heart longs for... when the person aint around.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by eslynera(f): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2005
well, you'll just know by the way she/he acts. if he/ she acts strange, then's got inlove with someone else.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Z4M4eva(f): 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2005
When you look into your partners eyes, you just know it
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by layi(m): 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2005
...then you've never met a real playa
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Scorpio(f): 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2005
cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Z4M4eva(f): 9:49am On Nov 22, 2005
Playa or no playa, that's my opinion
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by layi(m): 10:37am On Nov 22, 2005
..I never said it wasnt except ur OWN opinion are critic proof.
The fact that its ur opinion doesnt make it absolutely right.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Z4M4eva(f): 2:55pm On Nov 22, 2005
I'm not saying it's right, it's just my opinion!,why do people always get things soooo wrong??, HONESTLY!! angry
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Destiny6(f): 8:30pm On Dec 11, 2005
Theres so many questions asked in relationships and so many problems, but theres also good times which are hard 2 forget. i believe that true love does exist, but very hard to find, most of the times its just a crush!!!
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by Manta(m): 3:11am On Dec 12, 2005
There is nothing like true love between the opposite sex. It may be found between people of same sex like the case of David and Jonathan.

What is true or real is not subjective to factors nor circumstances- love is: distance, time, communication, attimes money e.t.caffects the effect of this thing called love so, how true is it then.

It is only developed when two minds give their time to it, self control is also very important in maintaining it.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by legs(f): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2005
Manta:

There is nothing like true love between the opposite sex. It may be found between people of same sex like the case of David and Jonathan.

Please which way do you swing? no offence just a question.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by otokx(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2005
@legs - take it easy, not so sure if manta was going in that direction.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by legs(f): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2005
otokx i am taking it easy just wanted to know thats all cos its common knowledge that guys rarely show affection amongst themselves much less openly declaring love for one another
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by disney(f): 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2005
Sup,
  Well to answer your question. you will know its true love if the guy or the babe can sacrifice for you because true love isn't all about feelings, roses, flowers but  Its about making sacrifice.

Can he miss his job just because you are ill
Can he be there for you when you don't have a single cash.
Can he be there for you when you turn mad
Can he be there if you have an accident and your half your face is gone., will he or she still be with you

To me, true love takes a while to develop but with time when you begin to see this signs , you would know that he or she is your true love.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by biodun404(m): 7:46pm On Dec 24, 2005
so i ask what is true love and when do u know that u are in love?
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by adesodgi(m): 7:53pm On Dec 24, 2005
wen u decide to jump into the lagoon wen ur dumped by ur soul called partner...
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by cammy(f): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2005
for me biodun love doesnt exist
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by thelastdon(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2005
the only way is to let him/her go, if he/she's yours........ they will come back
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by dremoney(m): 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2007
u know wen u realise ur fond of each other no matter d situation,u dnt c urselves apart.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by tulk2mi: 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2008
when evry other person dims beside him/her
u feel an emptiness when he or she is not around.
when u cant explain exactly how u feel cos what u feel is alien and u neva felt like that b4
when u always smile 4 no reason all d time he/she is around.
when u hv an argument and he or she is not around, u lost interest in d world.
when u can 4give him/her even wen they didnt say they r sorry.
when the thot of him/her always brings a smile, inspiration, hope and dreams

I thot i was incapable of love never belive in it until I felt all that above

if all of the above is not love, pls pple tell me what it is.
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by enque(f): 12:31pm On Apr 11, 2008
when u can't explain exactly how u feel because what u feel is alien and u never felt like that before

this is like d hardest part of all. tho thing wit d feeling u just can't explain., hmmmmmmmmm!!!!
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by gentledove(f): 12:42pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ poster,

all said and well understood.  This is my own perception of love

1.  when he becomes your friend in all you do
2.  when he does not hesitate to tell you that you are wrong and when right, he tells you too
3.  when he looks straight into your eyes and tells you , 'I LOVE YOU', 'YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL'
4.  he is not afraid to hold your hands in the public.  fights anyone who wants to relegate you.  brags about you everywhere.  protects your interest all the time.

5.  when he tells you his fears, anxieties, aspirations.  
6.  when he is angry and he sees you, it melts and people around wonders what you have given him to eat (maybe vegetable sha  cheesy)

7.  when he talks to you about marriage and he means it.  when he takes you to see his parents and siblings.  when he introduces you to everyone around.  when he proposes like a man.  

and many more,

1.  when he avoids sleeping with you till you are married. cool.  i am not condemning anyone who does that.  don't quote me.

2.  when he says, 'darling, i bought this for you'.  'darling, you can go ahead and eat'.  'darling, i am looking at your tummy and how it will look when my baby boy gets in there'.  'darling, i had this dream, can we fast tomorrow and pray together?' .  ' darling, i see you are not praying as always again, is there anything wrong?"

3.  when he becomes his ALL when he is with you and vice versa.  when he daily aspires to make you the Very best.

4.  when he looks at you from afar, winks and tells the person next to him that 'that is my babe o.'

5.  when you offend each other and you settle it amicably without third party interference.

with this and many more, i know and i am confident that THIS IS TRUE LOVE.  not willing to trade that for anything in the whole universe.  the price is of inestimable value. wink wink cheesy
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by HRhotness(f): 12:51pm On Apr 11, 2008
You know its true love when
- u're best friends as well as partners
- all that matters is the other persons happiness
- he'd sit and watch a really soppy movie with u even tho he hates it and holds u close when u cry
- u subconsciously anticipate each others needs like suprising her with lunch when u know she'd be too busy to get some.
- just the sound of his voice brings a smile to your face
- u fight and u don't care who's wrong or right, u just want to make up
- u never get tired of looking into their eyes
- as long as the other persons in the room, u're content sitting in absolute silence doing absolutely nothing
- at the end of the day and the end of your life u still look forward to conversations with him
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by opokonwa(m): 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2008
You work it out.
You do not know from standing outside the circle and trying to judge from a distance.
You get it and if it's not working, you know, you simply decide to jump out or stay on and fool yourself.
True love is practical, need I say more?
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by chinda3: 4:09pm On Apr 11, 2008
Everyday, all around the world, millions of people "fall in love". But how do you know when it's the real thing?

Is it that you always want to see him/her, you always want to make love at every second, or a day without him/her is like a million light years? Well somebody tell me and the biggest question of all is

@poster

u can only know wen its true love,wen u r inlove wt someone and dont know the reason why u r inlove wt dat person,there is no definite definition for the feelings of true love,it comes naturally
Re: How Do You Know Its True Love? by damiso(f): 4:44pm On Oct 09, 2008
HR.hotness:

You know its true love when
- u're best friends as well as partners
- all that matters is the other persons happiness
- he'D sit and watch a really soppy movie with u even tho he hates it and holds u close when u cry
- u subconsciously anticipate each others needs like suprising her with lunch when u know she'D be too busy to get some.
- just the sound of his voice brings a smile to your face
- u fight and u don't care who's wrong or right, u just want to make up
- u never get tired of looking into their eyes
- as long as the other persons in the room, u're content sitting in absolute silence doing absolutely nothing
- at the end of the day and the end of your life u still look forward to conversations with him

Spot on(for me though)

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have The Biggest Ass On Nairaland / I Need Help . Look At What My Current And Ex Girlfriend Did / Hilarious Breakups Via Letter And Text

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.