Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,455 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:42 PM

E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. (24847 Views)

7 Reasons Why You Must Start An Online Business In 2017 / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / Drop Shipping In Nigeria- Experience, Advice And How To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by soldierdollar(m): 8:25am On Mar 22, 2016
Innunique:
Great post OP, I run one here in the Eastern Part of Nigeria, and the challenges are the same as listed by you.
It's called CS&grin Enterprises, an ICT products Sales and Services company, offering the most affordable of Laptops, Tablet PC and general computer merchandise.
I operate from Nsukka precisely from UNN and have done deals as far as Niger state. I mostly use Facebook and WhatsApp advert and posters for the school communities which I service... so far its been a win-lose-win situation, but we keep pushing to make it better. Started 2012 and we have evolved but it can only get better.

Can I have your contact please ? I reside in Nsukka
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by signz: 10:16am On Mar 22, 2016
phonesNgadgets:
Hello house. I wish everyone of us a profitable week. I don't know if I have shared the story of how I just got a funding from a local investor to expand my e-Commerce business; as I have shared with my followers on other platform.
I will try my level best to share the story this week. I urge followers of this thread to remain conversant with this thread. Meanwhile, if it's taking too long for the story to come, [/b]please send a reminder[b] grin Don't blame me, I need double my hustle, now that an investor as come on board cheesy

REMINDER REMINDER REMINDER
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 11:19am On Mar 24, 2016
signz:

REMINDER REMINDER REMINDER
Thx so much for the reminder, I'm a bit busy in the recent times, but I'll still share the story as the memory is still fresh in my brain and I've some if it saved on my device. Thank a lot. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Innunique: 10:47am On Mar 26, 2016
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Innunique: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2016
soldierdollar:

Can I have your contact please ? I reside in Nsukka
we have rebranded to CSD Global Enterprises with www.Gotaya.com.ng our online store which is a subsidiary of the parent company CSD Global Enterprises.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Nep2une(m): 8:14pm On Mar 26, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

Thx so much for the reminder, I'm a bit busy in the recent times, but I'll still share the story as the memory is still fresh in my brain and I've some if it saved on my device. Thank a lot. smiley
i am happy about this thread because am from a science background but i love business i am also building my ecomerce store but will be restricting it to lagos for now so as to remain efficient but i have a lot of questions and this is to other experienced guys in the house my business model is the marketplace sort of model,
1 how do i deal with suppliers
The signing of agreements part
2 how did you keep cost down at the early stages especially transport
3 how do you handle returns if any
4 did you register your business before launching or after
Thanks in advance
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2016
Nep2une:
i am happy about this thread because am from a science background but i love business i am also building my ecomerce store but will be restricting it to lagos for now so as to remain efficient but i have a lot of questions and this is to other experienced guys in the house my business model is the marketplace sort of model,
1 how do i deal with suppliers
The signing of agreements part
2 how did you keep cost down at the early stages especially transport
3 how do you handle returns if any
4 did you register your business before launching or after
Thanks in advance

1. I import online directly from US (Amazon)
2. I handle almost all services that require costs i.e I pay for ads by myself and I also do advert by myself,I deliver and bear the delivery cost for goods within in city and for those in the outskirt or outside the city/state, delivery charge is applicable.
3. The first and only one I experienced so far, the buyer breached the agreement by leaving the town before the delivery date and won't return few days after the delivery date. She had paid for the delivery charge in advance, so my good was returned to me without any additional charge.
4. I already have a registered business ( though to a reg.company but a registered biz name). I actually diversified into e-Commerce because I like to be in difference industry and economic sector. It's important not to rely on one source of income.

Thank you so much for your questions.

1 Like

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Vbook: 3:04pm On May 07, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

2. I handle almost all services that require costs i.e I pay for ads by myself and I also do advert by myself,I deliver and bear the delivery cost for goods within in city and for those in the outskirt or outside the city/state, delivery charge is applicable.
3. The first and only one I experienced so far, the buyer breached the agreement by leaving the town before the delivery date and won't return few days after the delivery date. She had paid for the delivery charge in advance, so my good was returned to me without any additional charge.
4. I already have a registered business ( though to a reg.company but a registered biz name). I actually diversified into e-Commerce because I like to be in difference industry and economic sector. It's important not to rely on one source of income.

Hello bro, but how do you successfully do the amazon importation, thats the bottleneck im facing now. about how much does it cost, can you go through the process u use please.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by gechyy2(f): 12:21pm On May 11, 2016
Very educative post... About to start Building my e-commerce site . I really hope everything goes well...
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Chiefigho: 5:00pm On May 24, 2016
Good day house, Having noticed that the major problem facing E-commerce business in Nigeria is logistic challenge. REO Delivery Services was born out of the need to help young and start up E-commerce operators to handle their delivery and also retrieve their cash payment from clients,we do Pick-Ups and Cash-on-Delivery only in Lagos state for now. We currently operate only in Lagos for now but expansion to other states is in progress. Please contact us:- No 4 Omotosho street, Ilo-Awela, Road, Tollgate, Ota, Ogun State, Phone No 08062493812, 07031635882, 08056814730. Try Us Today
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by BekBek(m): 12:47pm On May 28, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

Which company handle your shipping from Amazon
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by mubitechnology: 9:13pm On May 28, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

seriously I love what you are doing here, can you share your experience with our blog audience,
you are my online business of the month,write sponsor post and let publish for free on my blog
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2016
BekBek:

Which company handle your shipping from Amazon
Mostly UPS and sometimes DHL,USPS
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2016
mubitechnology:

seriously I love what you are doing here, can you share your experience with our blog audience,
you are my online business of the month,write sponsor post and let publish for free on my blog
Thank you. How do we get started?
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by NnamdiN: 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

how do you handle payment on delivery? I'm trying to reduce returns which I strongly believe, is caused by snail speed of konga express. I'm stuck with them coz there's no affordable alternative now(vis a vis konga express)
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by phonesNgadgets: 1:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
NnamdiN:
how do you handle payment on delivery? I'm trying to reduce returns which I strongly believe, is caused by snail speed of konga express. I'm stuck with them coz there's no affordable alternative now(vis a vis konga express)
I offer payment on delivery to buyers within my city so I do the delivery by myself. Outside my city, I build a level of trust and persuade potential customers to take a risk of advance payment ( it works ) and they pay into my account while I deliver via EMS or preferred courier.
Though it's not easy with this option but the few ones who trust me a bit tell good story which builds my reputation gradually. smiley
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by mubitechnology: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2016
phonesNgadgets:

send your sponsor post to Mubarakaminu340@gmail.com, and if possible an extra post that share your idea with regard to e-commerce space in Nigeria
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by cece02: 3:29pm On Nov 01, 2016
SPG4U or OP can i talk to u personally, i need advice, i intend to start up my online store asap...please i need guidance ....whatsapp 08066733513
EMAIL duru2cynthia@gmail.com....thank you
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by DamiAbandry: 3:09pm On Mar 31, 2017
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by kaboninc(m): 3:07pm On Jun 21, 2017
Innunique:
Great post OP, I run one here in the Eastern Part of Nigeria, and the challenges are the same as listed by you.
It's called CS&grin Enterprises, an ICT products Sales and Services company, offering the most affordable of Laptops, Tablet PC and general computer merchandise.
I operate from Nsukka precisely from UNN and have done deals as far as Niger state. I mostly use Facebook and WhatsApp advert and posters for the school communities which I service... so far its been a win-lose-win situation, but we keep pushing to make it better. Started 2012 and we have evolved but it can only get better.

Great. Also schooled in Nsukka
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Karaoleo: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
ONLY 12 HOURS LEFT

Less than 12 hours left: https://ki143.isrefer.com/go/video-4/ConnectedGreen

It’s time to achieve the freedom you’ve always wanted. This is your chance.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
This thread was abandoned. Quite inspiring. Started a mini importation and it went sour. Not even a single order. I don't have an online store but I did use facebook ads and targeted well.all I got was likes and shares,,no calls or order. I have taken it as the rough path to success.. I'm ready to start from the scratch to learn
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 28, 2018
If you are a business person or a local service provider - join other entrepreneurs on YapAce.com and lets help you generate more leads... Add your business and services on www.yapace.com for free - lets help you get targeted leads and maximum online exposure.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by prinkipas: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2020
Due to the increase in Mini Importation on Nairaland and Nigeria, prinkipas hereby introduce our Easy and Affordable Procurement & Logistics Service to assist importers buying from eBay, Amazon & Alibaba using our personal and reliable Procurement / Shipping agents to help other importers and micro businesses around Nigeria buy and ship their goods to them. We are simply FAST, AFFORDABLE & RELIABLE give us a try Today!

Procurement Orders can be placed on our Website at https://prinkipas.com.ng/prinkipas-pre-order-form

Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by adaperry25: 1:38pm On Feb 20, 2021
i have an ecommerce website. Though i dont have any of the products listed on it but i source for them and do a mark up on the products. I have tried marketing on twitter, facebook but the results are still low. i need solutions.
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by dayssolalee(m): 10:29am On Jul 14, 2021
There was a time when digital commerce meant static storefronts and shopping carts. Today, digital commerce spans an integrated set of personalized digital experiences, from customer acquisition through retention, which are often owned and managed by marketing.

Nowadays, digital commerce is so much more than a sales channel. For example, according to the same study, 65% of customers research a product online before they go to the physical store.Read this next: The State of Commerce Experience 2021 [Insights from an annual analyst study]

To get the full report, read it here

https://www.shoplifecommerce.com/2021/07/14/digital-commerce-top-challenges-trends-and-steps-to-take-in-africa/
Re: E-commerce And Retail Business In Nigeria. Experience,challenges & Prospect. by dayssolalee(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2022
Good day, how are you doing today?

I want to introduce you to Cloud Hosting Nigeria, its a platform that can help you set up your e-commerce and business websites in minutes.

We are partnering with Cloud Hosting Nigeria to help SMEs and Online Entrepreneurs build their E-commerce website at an affordable price.

DM if you are interested

https:///message/LIG2Y3OJZWCMF1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Restrains Dangote, Police From Interfering With BUA Mining Sites / Dangote Names Major Road Leading To His Refinery After Herbert Wigwe / JP Morgan Projects N850/$ By December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.