Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization (1210 Views)

Abuse And Collecting Bribes At The Philippines Embassy Gwarimpa, Abuja Nigeria / ₦360billion, Inside The World's Most Expensive Embassy(Photos) / US Embassy Releases Statement On Nigerian Travel To US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by Oazeez12: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
US embassy it's just for making money from the lesser Nigerians which they are so sure they won't grant their visa for just any body. It could be painful, after passing through a lot and been denied.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by raayah(f): 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
There are tons of people who get visa to America.

Secondly, How are they supposed to pay their staff, rent, electricity etc without profit.?

1 Like

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by Kayraph(m): 3:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
@OP, I don't agree with you on this.

If you have been to the US Embassy before for an interview, you would have clearly seen that some people do not qualify for the visa.

In other cases, some people would have filled their forms wrongly and as such when they get to the interview they will be speaking gibberish.

Most time, people engage the services of agents in applying for the visa!

In these cases what do you expect the embassy to do? Do you want them to start refunding visa fees to people whose visa application got denied?

It is your duty to convince the visa officer whether you qualify for the visa or not.

I rest my case!

2 Likes

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by dulux07(m): 3:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lol, its a more lik a money makin biz.. high applicatn fee. this guys dont want u to come to their country, so dey look for lil fault or silly xcuses to deny pple, well u cant blame them, no one wants to bring nuisance or populate their homes.
The lst tym i checkd Its d usa govt that funds d embassy.

1 Like

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by tosynbolade(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
Trash
Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by worry359(m): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2015
dulux07:
Lol, its a more lik a money makin biz.. high applicatn fee. this guys dont want u to come to their country, so dey look for lil fault or silly xcuses to deny pple, well u cant blame them, no one wants to bring nuisance or populate their homes.
The lst tym i checkd Its d usa govt that funds d embassy.

And if you check you will also see that the US government is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt.
There is no money to fund free visas!

1 Like

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by cozybunch: 8:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
@oazeez12, no country with a consulate office all over the world gives free services. The nigerian embassy in u.s charge for visa application and mailing which they require it registered. They also want you to pay for your mailing with self address envelope. By the time you add up all the processes required you've spent close to $300.

Note: After all the process, your visa process may still be denied. So check the money you spend for American visa and that of Nigeria and tell me which one is cheaper.

@worry359, owing 19 trillion in debt has nothing to do with visa fees. The u.s consulate office is under the state department, funded most time from the budgetary department. Services secured are of necessity to help other projets such as NGO sponsors in the country the consulate office is operating in.

All countries in the world operates pretty much thesame way but with a little better organization from one country to the other.

Now, denied visa application is based on classifications and instructions from the u.s state department. This department has her reciprocity with the executive body (the president and vice president) on foreign affairs concerning u.s. So I should think, dealing with them is a serious matter and all visa applicants should be genuine.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by dulux07(m): 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
worry359:

And if you check you will also see that the US government is TRILLIONS of dollars in debt.
There is no money to fund free visas!

Almost countries r in one debt or d order. Its no xcuse for high non-refundable visa fee. M not sayin it shud b free. It shud jst b reduced.
Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 18, 2015
Oazeez12:
US embassy it's just for making money from the lesser Nigerians which they are so sure they won't grant their visa for just any body. It could be painful, after passing through a lot and been denied.

There are at least two wide bodied airliner (United and Delta) that lives Lagos and bound for the USA nightly. Almost always with full loads.

These negates your position that they do not issue visas.

I read a report from one of the Consuls that we represent the most visas given in Africa.
Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by Nobody: 4:50am On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
@oazeez12, no country with a consulate office all over the world gives free services. The nigerian embassy in u.s charge for visa application and mailing which they require it registered. They also want you to pay for your mailing with self address envelope. By the time you add up all the processes required you've spent close to $300.

Note: After all the process, your visa process may still be denied. So check the money you spend for American visa and that of Nigeria and tell me which one is cheaper.

@worry359, owing 19 trillion in debt has nothing to do with visa fees. The u.s consulate office is under the state department, funded most time from the budgetary department. Services secured are of necessity to help other projets such as NGO sponsors in the country the consulate office is operating in.

All countries in the world operates pretty much thesame way but with a little better organization from one country to the other.

Now, denied visa application is based on classifications and instructions from the u.s state department. This department has her reciprocity with the executive body (the president and vice president) on foreign affairs concerning u.s. So I should think, dealing with them is a serious matter and all visa applicants should be genuine.

Good Luck

I spent almost $500 on getting a Nigerian Visa for my USC Daughter.

They guys that are moaning just need to suck it up or travel by road to Mali for vacation.
Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by justwise(m): 9:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Oazeez12:

I have a solution: Don't apply for American visa and if them 'invite' you again to apply sue them
Re: Us Embassy A Profit Making Organization by worry359(m): 9:34am On Aug 18, 2015
justwise:

I have a solution: Don't apply for American visa and if them 'invite' you again to apply sue them

There are many of those wonderful visa free countries that he can go to. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Places To Visit This Christmas / Steps For A Successful US Visa Interview / US Embassy & Consulate Offering Scholarship To Nigerian Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.