Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (775283 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by VKasparov(m): 1:06am On Jul 25, 2016
negga4al:

Just to explain further...

The Infinix Hot 2 X510 is an Android One phone, a project supported by Google as means of putting smartphones in the hands of as many at cheaper rate, hence the partnership between InfinixMobility and Google.

Initially, updates were to be pushed by Google directly, but an adjustment was made to the terms, which now means that Google will push updates to Infinix, and in turn Infinix will push it to its Android One phones as at when due. All this will take a period of two years.

However, Infinix released another ROM for this phone which is their custom ROM i.e. Infinix ROM 5.1. This particular ROM has no promise of updates and as I speak to you as not been upgraded to Marshmallow as with every other phone Infinix made.

In this case, Hot 3 falls into this category and while it running Android Marshmallow out of the box, it will most likely not have Android 7 Nougat except InfinixMobility decide otherwise.

An example of this is the Nexus series, made by different manufacturers but owned by Google. However, they are quite different from Android One.

In summary, if you are running the Android One ROM on Infinix Hot 2 X510, don't bother rooting your device, as more updates will be pushed to it including Android N. You can root only if you are an advance user and you wish to tinker with your phone and flash different ROMs otherwise if your a layman...stay your hand, sit back and enjoy your phone.

I hope this help all who are confused about the whole thing. You can also make your research on Android One and/or Nexus projects.

Cheers.

Thanks for the advice man! I'll stay put; but I sure wish they will release a super update that will fix all the bugs that came with the Marshmallow update like PC not recognizing phone via USB and Phone Memory and SD Card merged into one.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Carlcaresophia: 6:33am On Jul 25, 2016
Sezua:
hello, my hot 2 won't charge anytime I plug d phone the area around the charging port gets heated up.
Hello Sezua, we suggst take your phone, together with receipt or warranty card, to our Carlcare Service Center, our technicians there will try to help you with it. If you need us send your address and hotline of our service center, please let us know the city and state you are living in now. Thank you!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Ndissle(m): 6:39am On Jul 25, 2016
Hello peeps... This is ur boy Ndizzle a qualified ex-carlcare engineer. You can contact me on any issue you are faced with on your mobile phones or tablets.... For those that reside in LAGOS and you have any problems with your MOBILE PHONES whether it is BLACKBERRY, TECNO, NOKIA, SAMSUNG, IPHONES, GIONEE, INFINIX, ITEL PHONES, No matter the model and the fault is has, whether screen problem, broken screen or touchpad, whether ur phone doesn't boot well (stopping at tecno logo or infinix logo etc),or it gets hot, any problems at all you are faced with and you want fast repairs without the hustles, you can reach me via 0. 8. 0. 3. 8. 6. 0. 3. 9. 9. 4.. for repairs. And I also use the same number for whatsapp. I work at computer village and i make sure that you get your phone fixed the same day. Please I don't root phones...... Thanks!!!!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 8:39am On Jul 25, 2016
VKasparov:

Thanks for the advice man! I'll stay put; but I sure wish they will release a super update that will fix all the bugs that came with the Marshmallow update like PC not recognizing phone via USB and Phone Memory and SD Card merged into one.

There's no bug like that, only thing reported on the phone after Marshmallow update is battery calibration problem, and not by all.

1. Phone and Memory are never merged into one. Marshmallow introduced what is called Adoptable Storage, which allows a user set up his sd card as internal storage. It is a mistake many of you made when upgrading to Marshmallow. Many swap the memory card to serve as internal storage probably because they have no idea what they're doing.

Solution: remove the sd card and format it, also a factory reset will be done on your phone else you will have app crashes here and there.

2. Phone not recognised by the PC as I said before is not a bug. There a maybe variety of reasons why it is so. It maybe that because you have adopted your sd card as internal storage hence the problem (I'm not sure). Or see these questions:
Have you downloaded the right USB drivers for your system?
Are you using a good USB cable?
Hope your USB port in your system is working fine?
If you answer these questions, you probably will find a fix.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 9:31am On Jul 26, 2016
Toluene15:

1. Hot 2 phone memory is 16GB not 8GB
2. control panel looks like KitKat not lollipop
3. network signal bars are different from that of androidone
4. nothing like wireless update only system updates.
bro what's the name of ur launcher?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Toluene15: 12:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
SkinnyDude:
bro what's the name of ur launcher?
Default XUI launcher. Only changed my wallpaper
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 1:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
negga4al:

There's no bug like that, only thing reported on the phone after Marshmallow update is battery calibration problem, and not by all.

1. Phone and Memory are never merged into one. Marshmallow introduced what is called Adoptable Storage, which allows a user set up his sd card as internal storage. It is a mistake many of you made when upgrading to Marshmallow. Many swap the memory card to serve as internal storage probably because they have no idea what they're doing.

Solution: remove the sd card and format it, also a factory reset will be done on your phone else you will have app crashes here and there.

2. Phone not recognised by the PC as I said before is not a bug. There a maybe variety of reasons why it is so. It maybe that because you have adopted your sd card as internal storage hence the problem (I'm not sure). Or see these questions:
Have you downloaded the right USB drivers for your system?
Are you using a good USB cable?
Hope your USB port in your system is working fine?
If you answer these questions, you probably will find a fix.

Bros it seem u have vast knowledge of this things
Pls i have 2 infinix with 2 similar issues

First infinix is a hot 507, when i send video into it it will just go off, i cant even watch video it will go.off, then it says "error parsing package" anytime i wanna install any app

Second one is hot note x551, it is a 4.4 andriod verion but i think d person i bought it from upgraded it to 5.1
Now it has this annoying comfort rom stuff that just changed d fonts battery style everything is changed
It is fine tho but i dont want it
It also says "error parsing package" wen i want to install facebook app

Somepple says when it is saying the "error parsing package" it means i have to reload d fone with d original rom or something like dat,dat i have to use sp tools, download d backup from dier site and stuff like dat

And i dont know ow to do it

But if it is explained to me i can do it

Also what happenes when a hote note stops flashcharging and how it b fixed

Abeg guys help me too if u r reading this please
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Akaewu: 1:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Bros it seem u have vast knowledge of this things
Pls i have 2 infinix with 2 similar issues

First infinix is a hot 507, when i send video into it it will just go off, i cant even watch video it will go.off, then it says "error parsing package" anytime i wanna install any app

Second one is hot note x551, it is a 4.4 andriod verion but i think d person i bought it from upgraded it to 5.1
Now it has this annoying comfort rom stuff that just changed d fonts battery style everything is changed
It is fine tho but i dont want it
It also says "error parsing package" wen i want to install facebook app

Somepple says when it is saying the "error parsing package" it means i have to reload d fone with d original rom or something like dat,dat i have to use sp tools, download d backup from dier site and stuff like dat

And i dont know ow to do it

But if it is explained to me i can do it

Also what happenes when a hote note stops flashcharging and how it b fixed

Abeg guys help me too if u r reading this please

I am not entirely sure what the problem is with your phones. However, there are several reasons why you may be having "Parsing Error". They are and not limited to:

1. Downloaded app is not compatible with the hardware or OS version of your phone.
2. Corrupted or partially downloaded . apk file.
3. "Allowing installation from unknown sources" is not activated on your phone.

Question is what OSes are running on the phones presently? Where do you download your apps? PlayStore or Other Sources?

Let me know your answer.

As for the font changer, I'm sure there's provision for reverting to default settings. Do this, and disable the app.

The others, I don't quite understand the problems.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Kehinderichard(m): 2:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Another update on 6.0 is out. I hope it fixes all remaining bugs o

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 2:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
Akaewu:
https://www.nairaland.com/3250283/pop-up-ads-infinix-hot 2

Your phone has virus or one or more of the apps you currently have downloaded on your phone generates ads. Sometimes, some antivirus app might be the brewer of these ads.

First, I'll advice you to do a factory reset on your phone. If it is an app that's causing the ad, it should be clean once you do this. After factory reset, do not install any app. Turn on your data and observe your phone for a few hours, if there's not ad...then you know it is one of the app you are currently using that's generating the ads. So, download only from PlayStore, and other trusted app store. Take note of the apps you have downloaded and watch if you have a repeat.

If you have ads immediately after powering your data just after a factory reset, then it is a virus. At this point, you need to do a clean wipe/format of your phone. That's you wipe all of cache, davilk cache, system, internal storage, and data. You will also need to format your SD Card as residues of the virus can be hidden there.

On flashing the ROM, ensure you download the right and official Android One ROM.

One of these will surely eliminate them (the ads).

Let me know, the results.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
negga4al:

I am not entirely sure what the problem is with your phones. However, there are several reasons why you may be having "Parsing Error". They are and not limited to:

1. Downloaded app is not compatible with the hardware or OS version of your phone.
2. Corrupted or partially downloaded . apk file.
3. "Allowing installation from unknown sources" is not activated on your phone.

Question is what OSes are running on the phones presently? Where do you download your apps? PlayStore or Other Sources?

Let me know your answer.

As for the font changer, I'm sure there's provision for reverting to default settings. Do this, and disable the app.

The others, I don't quite understand the problems.

Both the hot1 and hote note when i send apps from ppl phone using xender and try to install it it says "error parsing" it not like i collect the apk
I even went as far as downloading from play store itself same "error parsing"
The hot note is originally on kitkat but the person i got it from upgraded it to lolipop,i think d lolipop he upgraded it from was built by a normal nigerian or an average american,i am very sure it is not infinix lolipop

D lolipop stuff is nice and sleek but i think dat is d reason for the "parsing error" maybe wen i downgrade it back to it original kitkat it will stop saying dat

And d hot1 aswell is on it normal kitkat maybe if i also relaod it rom afresh it would stop saying "parsing error"

So how can i reload an infinix phones original rom
Using all dis sptools, backup rom and d rest as u all say it on this thread
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 4:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
eniolaamoda:

Both the hot1 and hote note when i send apps from ppl phone using xender and try to install it it says "error parsing" it not like i collect the apk
I even went as far as downloading from play store itself same "error parsing"
The hot note is originally on kitkat but the person i got it from upgraded it to lolipop,i think d lolipop he upgraded it from was built by a normal nigerian or an average american,i am very sure it is not infinix lolipop

D lolipop stuff is nice and sleek but i think dat is d reason for the "parsing error" maybe wen i downgrade it back to it original kitkat it will stop saying dat

And d hot1 aswell is on it normal kitkat maybe if i also relaod it rom afresh it would stop saying "parsing error"

So how can i reload an infinix phones original rom
Using all dis sptools, backup rom and d rest as u all say it on this thread

Have you enabled "allow installation from unknown sources" on your phone?

When did the problem started? Or has it been so since you got the phone?

I cannot help you with flashing process because it can be complicated for you and I can't explain every process on this platform.

You can as well visit Infinix official site, or use Google or YouTube.

I'll advice you to take your phone to Carlcare centre or Slot, so they can fix your phone. Tampering with your phone without adequate knowledge can be detrimental.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bros, ever since I upgraded to marshmallow my battery has been acting really weird. Sometimes it will be discharging instead, other times it will charge up to 88 percent and then stops there for a long time before charging quickly to 100 percent but then discharges quickly also. Pls, is there any solution?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by eniolaamoda: 6:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
negga4al:

Have you enabled "allow installation from unknown sources" on your phone?

When did the problem started? Or has it been so since you got the phone?

I cannot help you with flashing process because it can be complicated for you and I can't explain every process on this platform.

You can as well visit Infinix official site, or use Google or YouTube.

I'll advice you to take your phone to Carlcare centre or Slot, so they can fix your phone. Tampering with your phone without adequate knowledge can be detrimental.

Lol i myself aint a newbie
Once i see pathway i can do it flawlessly and yes the unknown app stuff is enabled

Prolly ama use youtube and see if has something on it
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by roufy235(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
unanonso:
Bros, ever since I upgraded to marshmallow my battery has been acting really weird. Sometimes it will be discharging instead, other times it will charge up to 88 percent and then stops there for a long time before charging quickly to 100 percent but then discharges quickly also. Pls, is there any solution?
welcome on board bro. you will have to bear with it. no solution for now.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by henchyk(m): 6:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
unanonso:

No solution and trust me, I have tried everything. There is nothing I haven't done to fix that problem, it just can't be fixed. Let's hope one of the future updates will fix it.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 6:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
unanonso:

Almost everyone has this bug since the upgrade to Android M, including me (and I hate it). It has something to do with the battery stats and calibration. I hope Infinix and Google can help fix the bug in future updates.

You may download a high rated app on battery calibration from the PlayStore and follow the instructions.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 9:18pm On Jul 26, 2016
negga4al:

Almost everyone has this bug since the upgrade to Android M, including me (and I hate it). It has something to do with the battery stats and calibration. I hope Infinix and Google can help fix the bug in future updates.

You may download a high rated app on battery calibration from the PlayStore and follow the instructions.

Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 9:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
henchyk:

No solution and trust me, I have tried everything. There is nothing I haven't done to fix that problem, it just can't be fixed. Let's hope one of the future updates will fix it.

Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 9:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
negga4al:

Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 9:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
henchyk:

Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
roufy235:
welcome on board bro. you will have to bear with it. no solution for now.

Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Jecyangel(f): 2:58am On Jul 27, 2016
Can someone help me out on this

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 5:16am On Jul 27, 2016
unanonso:

Thanks.
change your date past that date written there and update hope you gat enough data
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hakeem12(m): 5:22am On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
change your date past that date written there and update hope you gat enough data
were you able to download the mc4
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Hakeem12:
were you able to download the mc4
i haven't downloaded it yet were you having problem downloading yours?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 27, 2016
henchyk:

they have fixed dat in June update my battery is fine now and last long with complete full charge
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 27, 2016
nova 3 freedom nice game recommended for all

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by General2COAS(m): 8:49am On Jul 27, 2016
Please anyone in d house currently using any unlimited plan or tweak 4 any network should kindly help me with his/her settings.
Thanks.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Jecyangel(f): 9:15am On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
after changing the date it will still go back to today's date even when i put off automatic date and time
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 9:17am On Jul 27, 2016
Jecyangel:

after changing the date it will still go back to today's date even when i put off automatic date and time
go to date and time on your phones settings

Click automatic date and time select off
Untick automatic time Zone too and change your time and date it won't reverse back

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.