Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,522 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:06 PM

Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread - Phones (241) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread (772821 Views)

How To Set Your Songs As Ringtone On Infinix Hot 2 X510 / Infinix Hot 2 (x510) Supports Usb Otg / How To Quickly Root Infinix Hot 2 X510 Without PC - Android One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (270) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by djwalata(m): 9:46am On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
go to date and time on your phones settings

Click automatic date and time select off
Untick automatic time Zone too and change your time and date it won't reverse back
I've d same issue and I even did exactly that but it still says can't download and my 3g is far too strong for it to still can't download by using my data. may be until I use wifi because my glo 3g service is very strong .
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2016
djwalata:

I've d same issue and I even did exactly that but it still says can't download and my 3g is far too strong for it to still can't download by using my data. may be until I use wifi because my glo 3g service is very strong .
Use wifi it'd work
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by djwalata(m): 11:03am On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
Use wifi it'd work
did u use another mobile phone data through hotspot to download it or what did u use
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
djwalata:

did u use another mobile phone data through hotspot to download it or what did u use
v not updated mine yet but that's what I'll do
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
For all those who are having issues downloading updates, you can apply update through your stock recovery without rooting. This process is safe and does not in any way root or tamper with your phone's partition/system/data.

What you need...
PC
Infinix Flash tool or SP Flash tool

If you can boot to recovery, download ota update and flash it.

If you can't boot to recovery, follow these steps:

1. Download ota update zip and place in the root folder of your SD Card.
2. Download hard button enabler zip file, extract folder and place on your desktop.
3. Now, flash hard button enabler.
4. When flashing is done, unplug your phone and boot to recovery.

***You boot to recovery by holding power button and Volume + key for few seconds, once you see an Android logo with caution, leave both buttons. Now, hold power key and tap volume + key***

6. Use both volume keys to navigate and power button to select. At this point, you select "apply update from SD Card", choose the ota zip file you have placed in the root folder of your SD Card, let it do its thing, once it's done, reboot your phone and you are good.

Download
Button Enabler https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24269982086997892

OTA updates http://forum.xda-developers.com/hot-2/general/ota-3-march-2016-t3332967

Disclaimer.
I will not be responsible if you brick your phone. Be guided accordingly!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Hakeem12(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
i haven't downloaded it yet were you having problem downloading yours?
yes most of the ones I downloaded keeps saying app not installed. I'm using hot 2
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 1:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hakeem12:
yes most of the ones I downloaded keeps saying app not installed. I'm using hot 2
oh sorry I'll give you feedback when I try download mine
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by olaitanpeter(m): 2:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
pls amuch can i get dis phone now, new or fairly used
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
change your date past that date written there and update hope you gat enough data

I have tried that date changing thing to no avail. Even when I succeeded in doing that whenever I tried to download it goes back to the current date.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by Akaewu: 4:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
negga4al:

Your phone has virus or one or more of the apps you currently have downloaded on your phone generates ads. Sometimes, some antivirus app might be the brewer of these ads.

First, I'll advice you to do a factory reset on your phone. If it is an app that's causing the ad, it should be clean once you do this. After factory reset, do not install any app. Turn on your data and observe your phone for a few hours, if there's not ad...then you know it is one of the app you are currently using that's generating the ads. So, download only from PlayStore, and other trusted app store. Take note of the apps you have downloaded and watch if you have a repeat.

If you have ads immediately after powering your data just after a factory reset, then it is a virus. At this point, you need to do a clean wipe/format of your phone. That's you wipe all of cache, davilk cache, system, internal storage, and data. You will also need to format your SD Card as residues of the virus can be hidden there.

On flashing the ROM, ensure you download the right and official Android One ROM.

One of these will surely eliminate them (the ads).

Let me know, the results.

i noticed since i installed my file manager ... hvnt recieved any ads for now. thnks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2016
Akaewu:

i noticed since i installed my file manager ... hvnt recieved any ads for now. thnks

"Installed" or do you mean to say "uninstalled"?

I'm glad you were able to eliminate it. Cheers smiley
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
unanonso:

I have tried that date changing thing to no avail. Even when I succeeded in doing that whenever I tried to download it goes back to the current date.
read my previous posts
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 5:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
unanonso:

Yes, exactly. Because it gets updated immediately your mobile data comes on.

To work around this, you have to be smart and fast. Here is how I beat my "smart"phone cheesy

First, put off your data. Turn on airplane mode, then turn it on again but do not put data on. As usual disable automatic time update, put off network time. Set it to the future date.

After setting the date, go to about phone, then system updates. While here, pull down quick settings, and toggle data on. Immediately, tap restart/retry update keep tapping till it picks. You have to be very fast between turning your data on and tapping restart update because you have a split second before the date reverses to the correct one

Repeat the process from beginning if it reverses (when it brings the "wait till such a date or use WiFi" message).

Hope this helps otherwise follow my previous post.

Cheers!
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by seedorfy134(m): 7:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
negga4al:

To work around this, you have to be smart and fast. Here is how I beat my "smart"phone cheesy

First, put off your data. Turn on airplane mode, then turn it on again but do not put data on. As usual disable automatic time update, put off network time. Set it to the future date.

After setting the date, go to about phone, then system updates. While here, pull down quick settings, and toggle data on. Immediately, tap restart/retry update keep tapping till it picks. You have to be very fast between turning your data on and tapping restart update because you have a split second before the date reverses to the correct one

Repeat the process from beginning if it reverses (when it brings the "wait till such a date or use WiFi" message).

Cheers!
Thanks Guy, i just used your step to update mine now, since all this days have been trying to update it.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 7:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
negga4al:

Cheers!

Thanks. I will definitely try that.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by unanonso(m): 7:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
dynamo007:
read my previous posts

OK.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2016
just bought this phone.. what's the launcher for hot2. I need a nice launcher for my phone
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 11:04pm On Jul 27, 2016
SkinnyDude:
just bought this phone.. what's the launcher for hot2. I need a nice launcher for my phone

I have been using Nova Launcher since Android KitKat, it has never failed me. In fact, I bought it. You can use it with Teslaunread for badge count. It is one of the best launcher out there.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
negga4al:

I have been using Nova Launcher since Android KitKat, it has never failed me. In fact, I bought it. You can use it with Teslaunread for badge count. It is one of the best launcher out there.
thanks bro.. can I get. a screenshot, so as to see how good it looks
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 12:11am On Jul 28, 2016
SkinnyDude:

1, 2 is the default layout
3,4 is my current settings

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by SkinnyDude(m): 12:25am On Jul 28, 2016
negga4al:

1, 2 is the default layout
3,4 is my current settings
thanks bro.. I prefer this.. very simple.. it scrolls down?
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 5:23am On Jul 28, 2016
SkinnyDude:
here's mine Nova plus tesla unread badges with material themes for the icons wink

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 7:43am On Jul 28, 2016
negga4al:

Cheers!
after three minutes of tryin it worked thanks to you

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by henchyk(m): 7:44am On Jul 28, 2016
negga4al:

Cheers!

Tried it and it didn't work for me. No qualms though. Please does anyone have a link to the June OTA update so I can do a manual update through recovery using adb? I've checked on XDA and they have all the OTAs except that of June. And I can't update July without first updating June.

I'm a bit desperate because I'm hearing that the July update fixed the annoying hot 2 battery bug. I don't know how true. Please someone should confirm this.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 8:25am On Jul 28, 2016
henchyk:

Tried it and it didn't work for me. No qualms though. Please does anyone have a link to the June OTA update so I can do a manual update through recovery using adb? I've checked on XDA and they have all the OTAs except that of June. And I can't update July without first updating June.

I'm a bit desperate because I'm hearing that the July update fixed the annoying hot 2 battery bug. I don't know how true. Please someone should confirm this.
yes the bug has been fixed it didn't take long before it got to 100% from 88% it went up normally
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2016
henchyk:

Keep trying because for June there's no flashable update yet. You need to have a strong Internet connection otherwise it would no pick up quickly. Just keep trying...or use WiFi or wait till the said date.

No harm in trying.

July update did not fix the battery calibration bug. The update is more of security fixes and patches.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by henchyk(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2016
negga4al:

Keep trying because for June there's no flashable update yet. You need to have a strong Internet connection otherwise it would no pick up quickly. Just keep trying...or use WiFi or wait till the said date.

No harm in trying.

July update did not fix the battery calibration bug. The update is more of security fixes and patches.

Thanks man. I kept trying, and guess what, it worked. I've updated both for June and July, but I'm somewhat disappointed to hear that the battery bug wasn't fixed. I'll charge my battery up and check for myself though.

Once again thanks man, your method worked. You've been of immense help.

1 Like

Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by henchyk(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2016
dynamo007:
yes the bug has been fixed it didn't take long before it got to 100% from 88% it went up normally

Are you sure bro? Your phone no longer stops charging at 88% and even when you force charge it, it doesn't rush to 100% and then starts draining down like a leaking Geepee tank? Because I'm really tired of the battery bug.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2016
henchyk:

Are you sure bro? Your phone no longer stops charging at 88% and even when you force charge it, it doesn't rush to 100% and then starts draining down like a leaking Geepee tank? Because I'm really tired of the battery bug.
lol m still tryin to confirm it one more time to be sure
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by dynamo007(m): 10:39am On Jul 28, 2016
negga4al:

No harm in trying.

We do t know if the 7.0 update will support otg yet
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2016
henchyk:

It only improved but sometimes misbehaves. You can have 89, 90℅ where it spends a lot of time.
Re: Infinix HOT 2 (x510) Official Thread by negga4al(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2016
dynamo007:

We do t know if the 7.0 update will support otg yet

Don't expect OTG support. If Google do not add it to the stock rom, which Android One is, you can expect any. You can follow the Android N features.

(1) (2) (3) ... (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) ... (270) (Reply)

Android, Anyone? Part II / Infinix Hot Note X551 – Jim’s BIG Thing / How To Register A New 2go Account On 2go Chat Messenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.