Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. (41389 Views)

Why Do We Have A Lot Of Single Mothers? / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 1:22pm On Oct 17, 2015
/
post=37232061:

Polygamy is really not my cup of tea and I don't like giving marriage advice coz I ain't married but I know women who stayed alone after their husbands passed. It might be hard but it is possible tho not compulsory.
So... let everyone do what they think best.

I agree but the question is "can a lady really be alone without a male companion"?
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
Interesting read i must say
post=37629837:
I sincerely wish many unmarried single mums can see this great thread.
Its not an encouragement to have children out of wedlock but for them to understand that they are not second class.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 4:32pm On Jan 06, 2016
A lady who keeps a pregnancy she had by mistake is more decent than an abortionist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
Lalasticlala what do you think??
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by free2ryhme: 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2016
dunsman:
Opp all these one wey u write na thrash, my advice to dem is dat dey should get married. Lobatan

Wetin be your status the last time and now
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by flokii: 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
sad but true... nobody takes them serious

unless they see widowers or divorced men to marry..

I don't think I can have dealings with any sef... cos over time they'd divert d love to the kids they had outsyd wedlock..

odikwa.. very risky

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by emzila(m): 8:26pm On Jan 14, 2016
remsonik:
Op you have started writing trash again. I only agree with your first and last point,others I say are trash. Leave the advise for the married and single parents to do!!
You told them not to take responsibility for their child? shocked haba bros why? What if the guy who impregnated them isn't capable to cater for the child financially? What if she doesn't even know who impregnated her?
She shouldn't be selective? Are you daft? So because she has a child already she's not eligible to have the best of life? She should start looking for divorcees and married men to marry?
I fear for all this marriage matter counselors on Nl o

DID YOU READ THROUGH AT ALL, BETTER STILL DO YOU UNDERSTAND ENGLISH?
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by TONYE001(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
remsonik:

So not agreeing with your makes me lack decorum or makes you think you can correct me. Correct me for what. I can see some hopeless single moms on this thread have resigned themselves to society stereotypes and agreed that they deserve less of the best which your post have just portrayed.
Your opinion is your opinion,mine is mine!!

Du calme.

Calm down.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by TONYE001(m): 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2016
Nice read. I'm sure a single parent somewhere must have learnt from this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2016
Princessderaa:
dix days matured men prefer single mothers to single lades.
1 outa a million Men Will wana do that

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
When will all these RUBBISH stop.?

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by henryhemon(m): 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2016
Princessderaa:

Keep deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by TONYE001(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
2good:

Yes you are correct to say men will sleep with a lady with or without protection even if the woman is a maid . Her status in terms of education is generally irrelevant when it comes to mating. It is mostly broke men with little option that will accept a single mom as a wife when many single women cannot even find a husband. It is just the reality of life so your opinion doesn't matter because you are thinking like a woman and not a man.

I don't think you are right here brother.

There are NUMEROUS men out there of good standing that are willing to settle down with a compartible lady - whether a single mum or not.

This is not to say that men prefer single mums. A survey may be needed to confirm or disprove this...though in my opinion, I doubt if this is true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by danbrowndmf(m): 8:36pm On Jan 14, 2016
I like single mothers sha...cheesy
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by henryhemon(m): 8:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
Toks2008:

I guess so. they are calmer and more family oriented which some may attribute to desperation but for whatever reason i believe they are good.

That's bullcrap man. Most of them aren't even ready to settle down with one man these days,I did say it's a personality thing not cuz one have a kid suddenly becomes a good woman.
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Dyt(f): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Also applied to a single woman

What's the stigmatisation with single mother's?
Where I come from
My part of the world I live in
Those I move with don't have issues with a single mum

But why would anyone want to
It is choice
You wanna stay with her or you wanna go undecided undecided undecided

Abegi
Enough of these jor
Single mums na the only ones wet offend God abi
Oshisko

2 Likes

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Jeromejnr(m): 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2016
octopusfreaky:
u can imagine,,,,, mtschewwwww,useless comments

Veronica Lodge!
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 8:44pm On Jan 14, 2016
remsonik:

Tueh!! I have an aunt who doesn't know the father of her baby till date,the elder brother is the one who Funke knows as her father. My aunt slept with 3 guys within two days like 20+ years ago in Ibadan on a vacation to a very older family member. She was just 17 then. Up till date we no know funke's dad o.
Some ladies don't know why some knows and d guy refuses to take responsibility.
shocked 3 guys in 2 days? e don tey wey babes spoil na, choi
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 8:45pm On Jan 14, 2016
Toks2008:

nairalanders wont kill me o...lol
3 guys in two days kai we guys are trying o chai GOD HELP US.
that got me cracking too grin
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by zubby29(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
Princessderaa:
kip consoling yourself
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 8:47pm On Jan 14, 2016
papadee93:
Ur aunt must be a smart and hardworking lady grin
kikikiikikiik choi cheesy
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
Toks2008:

Please read your own post again.

First line says i have started writing trash again andthe second line says you agree with the first and last point of the trash.

I think there is something fundamentally wrong with the psyche of some people because simple logic will make you understand that not agreeing with even a point does not make it trashy but you have the right to your own opinion.

Ordinarily i dont respond to this type of posts but im doing this to correct you.please maintain proper decorun.
knock out grin
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2016
ronald4lif:
I feel indifferent about the number 4 point. Why should a woman not take up responsibility of her own child on the grounds that the dad might come take him/her away from her someday? The chances of a child forgetting his mum who took care of him and see him through the rigour of life for a dad who abandoned him is very slim and unlikely. And even if that is to be an actuality it's not enough reason for a woman not to take up responsibility for her own child.

Also, I think people who think a man can just come back and apologise to a child he neglected and abandoned for years and the child accepts them back are living in the past. Most rejected children of nowadays don't ever want to hear about their biological dad and abhors the thought of letting them into their lives. They were just sperm donors, not their father. A father is one who loved, cherished and took up his parenting responsibility as one.

Bro, I feel for your write up, most don't care if the man ever existed...Great mind!
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by jaybee3(m): 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Bla bla bla bla
This dude too dey yarn opaks
I hope you don get yaself a lady sha cos you are starting to sound like a broken record

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2016
namedonfinish:

Oop, my bad.. Sowi dear, after i went offline did a little investigation n i discovered that ur supposed anut is actually ur mom, so i see d reason y u are so pained. Bt dear no need been agressive, i already discovered who ur fathers are, so tell ur momma to reach me so i can give her d address of the three men who slept wit her in two days twenty years ago in the traquil city of Ibadan.. And as for u, stop blamin ur momma, she was only tryin to set a standard for u...lol...
Pls in case u need a job, contact me so i can get u one, cos my cute princess needs an after school nanny while am away @ work..
Also pls tell ur momma to teach u some manners so as to make u marketable for marriage.. Cos u sure dont hv any.. Hugs n kisses to u to alleviate ur miserable life..
wicked cheesy
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 8:55pm On Jan 14, 2016
midehi2:
that got me cracking too grin
lol..
Common lift your face and lets see you..nice frame tho...
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 8:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
jaybee3:
Bla bla bla bla
This dude too dey yarn opaks
I hope you don get yaself a lady sha cos you are starting to sound like a broken record

Dude must you? please do me a favour...GROW UP

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by Toks2008(m): 9:03pm On Jan 14, 2016
TONYE001:
Nice read. I'm sure a single parent somewhere must have learnt from this.

I hope.

1 Like

Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by midehi2(f): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Toks2008:

lol..
Common lift your face and lets see you..nice frame tho...
cheesy
Re: 8 words of advice for the Unmarried Single Mothers. by kunle75(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
Princessderaa:

Thats the simple am talking from experience...............am married and i know what you are talking about and i agreed with you totally on this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Here Is A List Of Things You Need To Teach Your Children Fast / Father Impregnates Daughter In Nasarawa (Photo) / Is Mother In Law Making Moves On Him Or Does He Have A Dirty Mind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.