Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,929 members, 7,806,692 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America (2593 Views)

Nigerian Lady Gets U.S. Citizenship After 17 Years Of Waiting. Photos / Trump To Ban 2-Year Visa For Nigerians / Nigerian Citizenship For An African American (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
The American billionaire celebrity reality show guy Mr. Trump, one of the Republican candidates for American presidency nomination, wants to end citizenship of children born in American with out an American parents if elected. This includes visitors that comes to the U.S solely to have their children in states, which goes against the constitution that declares citizenship to all children born in U.S soil.

He also wants to deport millions of undocumented parents of children born in the U.S which will lead to separation of families in U.S

What do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
@cutehector, na wah for you o. Why you sound that way
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Immanueladebol(m): 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
U nid to c hw nigerians flock 2 d US weneva dy want to gv birth.I like wat dat man said

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hahahaha, lol.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by CHM11: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stay in your country, build your country!....its hard but play your gadamn part!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
@CHM11, hmmm, what a statement. Note taken.

But don't you think against the U.S constitution?
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
@CHM11, hmmm, what a statement. Note taken.

But don't you think against the U.S constitution?

It can be amended.

1 Like

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 4:46am On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
The American billionaire celebrity reality show guy Mr. Trump, one of the Republican candidates for American presidency nomination, wants to end citizenship of children born in American with out an American parents if elected. This includes visitors that comes to the U.S solely to have their children in states, which goes against the constitution that declares citizenship to all children born in U.S soil.

He also wants to deport millions of undocumented parents of children born in the U.S which will lead to separation of families in U.S

What do you think?

I actually like the idea. If sponsored it will pass resoundingly. We are the only major 1st world country that still has that privilege.

I worked tirelessly for 30 years, paid taxes, built the country by working many jobs, my children should have more opportunity than a kid whose parents are visitors. It doesn't seem fair to me.

6 Likes

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 5:17am On Aug 18, 2015
@EgunMogaji, I understand from your stand point having worked all this years to provide for you self and family. It is difficult, however lets see it from a realistic point of view.

For any constitutional amendment, these steps has to follow

1. Third of the members of Congress has to say yes.
2. 2/3 of the 50 states will follow suit and has to agree
3. 60% of senate will say yes for final approval

This takes months and years to achieve and taxe paying money. He cannot certainly do it through executive power. It is complicated and you know it is very unsual to make constitutional amendment in states, not that it has not be done before.

What do you think

1 Like

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 5:25am On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
@EgunMogaji, I understand from your stand point having worked all this years to provide for you self and family. It is difficult, however lets see it from a realistic point of view.

For any constitutional amendment, these steps has to follow

1. Third of the members of Congress has to say yes.
2. 2/3 of the 50 states will follow suit and has to agree
3. 60% of senate will say yes for final approval

This takes months and years to achieve and taxe paying money. He cannot certainly do it through executive power. It is complicated and you know it is very unsual to make constitutional amendment in states, not that it has not be done before.

What do you think

I've been witness to a lot of things during my time in this great country.

I won't bore you with a list but will tell you that a relatively unknown social activist, not from a rich, or well to do politically, family, is sitting right now in the White House. Oh he's a black Man too.

My answer to you is that with enough movement all things are possible.

Immigration is a social hotbed topic right now. I'm not a betting Man but I will place a bet that the next Republican President is going to shake America to it's cores with fantastic actions.

But this is all elementary anyways, Mr. Trump, someone I respect with every fiber of my being for his business acumen, will never be the President of the USA.

1 Like

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 5:29am On Aug 18, 2015
I agree Mr. Trump may not win. I see you are a Republican. Hahahaha anyways good to think so
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 18, 2015
Oh well, this thing has been on going. They keep saying it, but trust me, it's easier said than done. A President alone can't amend the constitution. It takes awhole lot more. Canada has been chanting same song for years but hasn't been able to accomplish it.

Until I'm done having all my babies (even if I want to have 10), that amendment will not see the light of day. Na today?! grin

And no. Trump is never going to win. Not in a billion trillion years. cool

1 Like

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 6:10am On Aug 18, 2015
EgunMogaji:

I actually like the idea. If sponsored it will pass resoundingly. We are the only major 1st world country that still has that privilege.

I worked tirelessly for 30 years, paid taxes, built the country by working many jobs, my children should have more opportunity than a kid whose parents are visitors. It doesn't seem fair to me.
Canada still offer the same privilege too, but once US stops it. Canada is gonna stop it too. Canada is the 51st state grin
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by tpiander: 6:18am On Aug 18, 2015
Phema:

Until I'm done having all my babies (even if I want to have 10), that amendment will not see the light of day. Na today?! grin

it can be backdated to say 1900.

meaning anyone born after that year, will not be considered a citizen unless he or she has at least one American parent.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 18, 2015
tpiander:

meaning anyone born after that year, will not be considered a citizen unless he or she has at least one American parent.

Lol. We know that is almost impossible. Will they also retrieve their passports? grin

1 Like

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by tpiander: 6:23am On Aug 18, 2015
Phema:

Lol. We know that is almost impossible. Will they also retrieve their passports? grin

hypothetical date.

however, Dominican Republic recently backdated their citizenship eligibility to 1929.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 18, 2015
Till he wins the election! !!
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
saxywale:

Canada still offer the same privilege too, but once US stops it. Canada is gonna stop it too. Canada is the 51st state grin

Canada is the spittoon of the USA grin
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
tpiander:

Debating sometimes looses it's intention when you have to explain every single line to folks. I salute you for taking the time.

Retroactive laws have placed many people in USA jail. It wasn't a crime when they did the deed but later became a crime and wham bam.

That it won't happen is not because it's impossible, it's just improbable that Mr. Trump will ever set foot in the oval office except as a visitor.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
I agree Mr. Trump may not win. I see you are a Republican. Hahahaha anyways good to think so

I don't carry allegiance to any party, they're all crooks.

I vote base on issues and the most likely person to solve that issue.

I voted for Obama but only because Mr. McCain chose that dunce Alaskan Woman as a running mate. I voted for Bush twice but only because I wanted to see that legacy continue. I will vote for Clinton only because I want to see a Woman in the WhiteHouse so my Daughters can see that they too can become the President.

So you can see that I vote whimsically and not based on any party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
@EgunMogaji, good point. Very good point. Laws do change and its consequences can be damaging. Remember the family violence issues that was nothing in the pass but a seriou issue now. People that has pass history of it are having issues now going pass USCIS now.

But I still think, is hard core law to mess with the constitution. Also good point from my canadian friend.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 8:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
@Phema, you can have as much kids as you want in u.s and canada my friend. Enjoy your right.

Good Luck
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
tpiander:
hypothetical date.
however, Dominican Republic recently backdated their citizenship eligibility to 1929.

Well, it goes to show that nothing is impossible.

Even the naturalised American citizens living in the US can also get stripped of their citizenship and asked to return to their countries of origin, especially the ones that emigrated from third world countries and now have a huge sense of entitlement like their forefathers fought for the USA independence.

Again, nothing is impossible, right? Right. cool cool
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
@Phema, you can have as much kids as you want in u.s and canada my friend. Enjoy your right.
Good Luck

Sure thing! One down, nine more to go.

Five in the US, the other five in Canada. grin grin
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
@Phema, you are on fire. Wow, you are very much right there. Naturalized citizens can be stripped of you citizenship. Wow
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
cozybunch:
@EgunMogaji, good point. Very good point. Laws do change and its consequences can be damaging. Remember the family violence issues that was nothing in the pass but a seriou issue now. People that has pass history of it are having issues now going pass USCIS now.

But I still think, is hard core law to mess with the constitution. Also good point from my canadian friend.

Yeah the family violence issue, the public smoking issue (there are cities now in SoCal where you can't smoke even on the sidewalk and can only smoke in your house or car), employment verification (now totally automated with a direct link to USCIS for near instant work eligibility verification), Police don't have to go back to station to run checks, etc as they have computers now in the cars (huge rights advocacy issue).

Have a nice day.
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by cozybunch: 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
tpiander:

You are very very funny
Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Mcowubaba: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
Donald Trump will not win....his chances are very slim.... Most Electorates don't like him....he is wasting his time.....
I may be wrong though undecided...

2 Likes

Re: Trump To End U.S Citizenship For Children Born In America by Ugosample(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2017
This is highly unlikely tho
Now that he is president

But then, we Nigerians like to abuse stuff too much

More and more Nigerian women are doing all sorts just to have their kids have American citizenship.

Na wa

(1) (Reply)

Does Student Traveling To USA Need Only Oneway Ticket / I Want To Travel Abroad, What Is The First Thing I Must Do???. / Deportation Of Nigerians In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.