Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,854 members, 7,806,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office (66550 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cutehector(m): 8:59am On Aug 18, 2015
otijah:
ok you get luck, seems we need this "time posted" in each post we write
yeah. So dat peeps like u wouldn't judge before they post....
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 9jatatafo(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Even if this person is an O' level holder, it is a shame on our educational system. And for the OP, may God dash you sense for misleading my fellow Nairalanders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by KingGeorge1: 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
The owner of the post is as good as the owner of the letter.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Cutehector(m): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
adexmuhyi:
what has this got to do with what u're bringin again, besides, are there any clear differences btw the two??
yep.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by adorable29(f): 9:00am On Aug 18, 2015
Its funny how those who castigated the SSCE holder for writing this way have very poor writing skills themselves.....

Especially the OP!

At least, he is not a University graduate like some of you here. Yet.......
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Vicintonsh(m): 9:01am On Aug 18, 2015
sayyid:

its wat u knw DAT matters most as an individual,some polytechnic graduates are far beta Dan B.Sc holder. jst believe in urself
I know that for sure bro
thanks
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by prospero15(m): 9:01am On Aug 18, 2015
Haa o.p u sure say no be you?? wink u won use style tell us so u go knw if the letter is sharp abi?? tongue grin

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by lonelydora: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2015
And they want to be placed on the same level with B.Sc holders. SMH
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by choicelynk(m): 9:02am On Aug 18, 2015
This person has great desire to deliver. The English construction may be bad though but with training he will improve. You need to see beyond his application letter and get to see his capability.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by otijah(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
yeah. So dat peeps like u wouldn't judge before they post....
yeah, u gat to check d time posted b4 judging
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by malonephill(m): 9:05am On Aug 18, 2015
400billionman:

O level is boldly written there.

No graduate will write application on 2B exercise book ...
the op actually want to make fp, now he gerrit.....afterall everything on NL is joke nothing serious undecided
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 9:06am On Aug 18, 2015
O' level holder, I think he tried. Tenacity grin grin grin
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by vic2ry: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2015
I bet that some graduates would write worse than this.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Mekzmoney(m): 9:07am On Aug 18, 2015
What rubbish are u commenting dude? Did Op or d letter indicate OND or HND there? What makes u tink that Bsc holders are better than HND's? Besides,d guy dat wrote d letter indicated O'level there. I think u are d dullard here and nt d guy in question.

U don't knw anything abt HND or polytechnic, so keep quiet and mind ur biz.
Cutehector:
Ok
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by badoh(m): 9:08am On Aug 18, 2015
Honestly, this application has so many flaws, however, i want to point out some keywords the writer used which stands out of the letter. Words like UNVEIL, TENACITY and COMPETENCE. You will agree with me that some graduates may not even know the meaning of unveil or tenacity. If this job seeker is well polished, he or she will improve in his or her write up. Pls let's encourage him or her.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by stagger: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2015
Unbelievable.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 18, 2015
Standing Tall with O'level. cheesy
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by malonephill(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2015
Don't mind 'em NLer like degrading people
adorable29:

Its funny how those who castigated the SSCE holder for writing this way have very poor writing skills themselves.....

Especially the OP!

At least, he is not a University graduate like some of you here. Yet.......
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Skymedia: 9:10am On Aug 18, 2015
Lol
well the poor guy is eager, but i suggest he would have just used simple English words with clearer meanings or better still use pigin lol.
All the same, what we all need is a better life, therefore, check this video on youtube and you will be ever grateful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg4eatcyRzA
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by LajaLaba: 9:11am On Aug 18, 2015
lonelydora:
And they want to be placed on the same level with B.Sc holders. SMH
undecided
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by francizy(m): 9:11am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HND actually needs to be upgraded to BTech. They are graduates with a different orientation from Bsc or BEng

They read less and do more practicals. To me, they are better equipped for the outside world than we that were made to read only books, such as Terraja, Strength of Materials, Material science and engineering, Engineering mathematics, etc.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Iyanusele(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2015
Cutehector:
After now, ond and hnd degree holders will be dragging equality wit bsc degree holders...
Don't even bring HND & OND into this. Most of the newscasters/ Print media personnels we celebrate are holders of this class of education.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by cecegorz(m): 9:12am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.

And you, the professor cannot comprehend his letter enough to see that he is an O'level school cert. holder, not the graduate you quoted?
The joke is on YOU! wink

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by victree007(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:
Applicant indicated "O level" not "Graduate". Misleading title

I thought I was the only one that noticed it. With the way the OP and others commenting are beefing this job seeker you would think he's an MSc holder.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HND actually needs to be upgraded to BTech. They are graduates with a different orientation from Bsc or BEng
I am an H.N.D holder and I am better than you.

Debate is imperative.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 989900: 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
ExInferis:
screw you, for an O level i think he really did well. You need to see what degree holders write.

the handwriting is better than mine sef.

Pardon me, but that sucks for a first school leaving cert. holder (Primary 6) even. I know many of my old uncles and aunts whose highest educational qualification is the old 'standard six', yet they have 'near flawless' writing skills.

Likewise, there are Grade 5 students who can do better than that.

I mean there are excusable flaws (we all have our foibles), but some are just inexcusable.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
Vicintonsh:
nd this is the reason they keep looking down on us who attended polytechnics. It's just so saddening
More than 80% of polytechnic graduates and students are those who failed in their attempts to go to universities. Fact!
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by taiwoliu(m): 9:16am On Aug 18, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
OP@ If you want to be rich and happy don't go to school. It's a name of a book find it and read you will get yourself out of the bandage. our educational system create stupids. Employ that boy and be free from sentiment.

D book is of Robert Kiyosaki, ryt?
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by francizy(m): 9:17am On Aug 18, 2015
Op you be mumu oh!!! I mean what the fūcks do you expect from an O'level holder?? The guy even tried by writing it himself instead of looking for someone to do it for him. I commend him, after all, he passed his O'level exams I suppose. Also, don't forget to note that the very one you despise his writing may turn out to be more hardworking than the rest. Its your call..
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Franchise21(m): 9:17am On Aug 18, 2015
FrankValency:
OP na wa for u o,u nearly cut my liver o,as I come rush in ,e come be say na Ordinary O'level holder,na wa u o,u no read the letter well.

Oya talk true,wch business center u dey run? Phone booth or fuel station? because the writer indicated it there? So far say na "Tall O'level",the applicant is more than qualified.
By business center, he means computer business center where he types, prints, photocopy, spiral binds, laminates etc
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by slap1(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2015
Standing tall with O'level result? When masters degree holders don't even stand tall anymore. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later / How To Get To JKK House Ilupeju,ikorodu Road? / NNPC 2011 Final Interview Successful Candidates Appointment Letters Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.