Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office (66562 Views)

Ordeals Of A Nigerian Job Seeker In Pictures / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application / Dear Job Seeker, Don't Think Yourself Into Depression (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by onatisi(m): 9:19am On Aug 18, 2015
I am sure that applicant will be anon those who constantly insult and bash pej for her English or who continually call gej clueless and retardeen. Just like woke soyinka said the Nigeria educational sector needs to have state of emergency declared upon. Soon this same applicant will be blaming buhari for his ability not to get a job
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by kitombo: 9:19am On Aug 18, 2015
gmacnoms:
it took me some tym to bcom concious of including on my mind, ond/hnd as graduates o.

And you're a graduate I guess!

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by felix10(m): 9:20am On Aug 18, 2015
Contradicting & misleading post"o'level & graduate"
Whoever posted this,need an english tutorial class
urgently.
Advise:please check thoroughly before posting anything on nairaland.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by experimentist: 9:21am On Aug 18, 2015
standing tall with my o level certificate
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Mekzmoney(m): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Don't mind him. He's a complete dullard...
There's no difference btw him and my frnd dat graduated wit Bsc dat couldn't write. He always start a sentence wit a small letter,even d 1st letter of his name too & he's a university graduate.

So we all hav dull people in our universities and polytechnics..

otijah:
you be confirm ode, the topic is misleading because the applicant is an O'level holder
You claim you have got BSC yet u can't even comprehend a simple write up.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by slap1(m): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

I am an H.N.D holder and I am better than you.

Debate is imperative.

Hehe, e never reach like that, bro.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Vicintonsh(m): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

More than 80% of polytechnic graduates and students are those who failed in their attempts to go to universities. Fact!
they failed in their attempts or the system failed them?.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 989900: 9:23am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

More than 80% of polytechnic graduates and students are those who failed in their attempts to go to universities. Fact!

No doubt.

However, taking all factors into consideration, it's more or less a moot point.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by AreaFada2: 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
socialmediaman:

HND actually needs to be upgraded to BTech. They are graduates with a different orientation from Bsc or BEng
You are right. Those with OND upper credit or lower with two years relevant work experience should progress to polytechnic BTech and spend three years to obtain it. HND has become problematic. Not because of quality but because of 9ja factor. Pharmacist fight with doctor, Banking grads struggle with accountant, Zoologist fights with DVM and so on. Everything in 9ja na politics. cheesy cheesy
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by 2scorehigh(m): 9:26am On Aug 18, 2015
Goodness gracious!

No, no, no... nooo! Himkers, I don't believe this.

We have to modify this. Let's just say he or she erroneously sent you a draft of his or her application letter.

I think that's better, right?

Right.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 18, 2015
Abeg employ am jor.Na him cv you dey look or his competence.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by sampaiolukap(m): 9:28am On Aug 18, 2015
Na dat Sango go seal your Anus.. Why you dey find Relevance with Lies?? The Applicant Addressed the letter as him being "O" Level Certificate Holder And not Higer Institution Graduate.. Your Shop Must Be a Barber's shop just as Someone Said.

himkers:

If I lie, make sango seal my anu$

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Farmafric(m): 9:30am On Aug 18, 2015
majority of you making comments here are worst than that guy that wrote the letter. the dude presnt olevel certificate not HND, BSC.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:32am On Aug 18, 2015
Let's stop defending the writer because we feel he is SSCE holder. The truth of the matter is that the reading culture of today has died. Some of our parents never went beyond primary schools but could write better than some graduates of today.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by shejane: 9:33am On Aug 18, 2015
Graduate indeed
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Z8(m): 9:36am On Aug 18, 2015
O Level not graduate. Though he should be able to spell correctly by now.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Tearg1: 9:38am On Aug 18, 2015
As an employer I will give him chance for an interview with my company. I found this letter organic and unorthodox, compared to the typed up letters I've read from a lot of applicants. I believe originality counts in this case. Maybe if he can convince you during the interview phase with his skills set then you got the right man.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2015
OP, you work in a firm or business centre?

Obviously a business center, from the letter.

As a business center owner, I may consider him. This is not a white collar job.

I don't expect a flawless letter of employment application from an O'level holder (most likely from public school - someone that went to private school is not likely to apply fopr job after O'level).

If he has some other skills, and if the job doesn't involve writing to external people, I will consider him.

I particularly like his boldness.

2 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by dcngr: 9:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Quite a good hand writing, something that is going extinct these days
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2015
slap1:

Hehe, e never reach like that, bro.
Don't mind them.

During my IT days I worked with 2 Bse microbiologists in view and they could not even defend the course just speaking high voltage english. My boss was always telling me to put them through.

During my NYSC I was awarded the best corper amidst the so called BSC.

I Enrolled for CCNA couRse something outside my field, After d 6months training(HiiT)ibadan I was d only one that finished with a distinction amidst the so called BSC.

Even my lecturer a BSC holder used my project work that I carried out without her supervision just her financial assistant to bag her masters

BSC is so overrated. D only difference is d professors and the latest modern facilities at your disposal bcoos of government interventions.

The best HND holder can challenge the best BSC.

3 Likes

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by butanep(m): 9:44am On Aug 18, 2015
The problem facing youth of today. They don't want to study but want good results.

The guy must be a product of "bush examination centre". You know them by their fruits.

That same guy might have cleared all this O'Level subjects with distinctions but has little or nothing in his brain.

That was the best he could do and it was perfect for him. Our secondary school system is corrupt. Even big private school nowadays now patronize malpractice just for their student to pass their exams.

We have a long way to go...
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by dadebayo1(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2015
He his not a university graduate.... Stop criticizing the Nigerian university system. He stated he has an O level certificate and wants to apply for a job in the "business center".... From the letter one will notice he his probably just a novice from the neighborhood who wants to work in the op's business center.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by amzee(m): 9:46am On Aug 18, 2015
Some people commenting on this thread dont even know what O'level mean..
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Don't mind them.

During my IT days I worked with 2 Bse microbiologists in view and they could not even defend the course just speaking high voltage english. My boss was always telling me to put them through.

During my NYSC I was awarded the best corper amidst the so called BSC.

I Enrolled for CCNA couRse something outside my field, After d 6months training(HiiT)ibadan I was d only one that finished with a distinction amidst the so called BSC.

Even my lecturer a BSC holder used my project work that I carried out without her supervision just her financial assistant to bag her masters

BSC is so overrated. D only difference is d professors and the latest modern facilities at your disposal bcoos of government interventions.

The best HND holder can challenge the best BSC.

I agree the best HND holders can hold their own against the best Bsc holders. But not sure about that if we look at average.

And your copious use of "so-called Bsc" in the comment makes one wonder if this is not about bitterness than proving a point.

1 Like

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2015
taiwoliu:
D book is of Robert Kiyosaki, ryt?
Yes Sir.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by adorable29(f): 9:51am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
Let's stop defending the writer because we feel he is SSCE holder. The truth of the matter is that the reading culture of today has died. Some of our parents never went beyond primary schools but could write better than some graduates of today.

The issue most people are pointing out is not exactly the application and its errors really.... Its more about the hypocrisy and 'better than thou' attitude that is so prevalent on here.

The educational system in this country has failed us. That is a basic truth we all know...,

If the OP had posted the letter and written a short article underneath on the falling standard of education in the country and suggested one or two ways to ameliorate the situation like 'improving our reading culture' etc, one will understand.

The OP instead posted the letter of a guy who obviously was trying to impress him just so he can earn his daily bread honestly..... and he brings it out for public ridicule and mockery even when he a supposed graduate isn't any better.

That's the crux of the matter really.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Socialmediaman, even if HND is upgraded to B. Tech, the "discrimination" will still be there. No two things, even twins, are the same.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by wazkinwao(m): 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
dis one primary one pupil write am
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by babestella: 9:55am On Aug 18, 2015
Tomorrow he will come out and shout about not having a job or a well paid job.

He should go and learn a trade.

Auto mechanic will best suit his qualification going by what he wrote in that letter.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2015
himkers:
He came looking for job in the firm where I work. I laughed after reading his letter and I wonder what kind of graduates our institutions are churning out.
Naa business centre english now no be firm as u claimed. So what calibre of people do u expect 2 apply? Ur faith of working in a firm ll come true. All
naa packaging grin

Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by STEVENcrack(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
before you conclude dear, think abt this questions;
(1)Why would a SSCE holder be looking for a job instead of furthering her studies....
(2) What kind of second school do u think her parent could afford.
(3) From this letter do u think she made her WAEC ?
All I see in this writer is a raw brilliant talent in embryo that only lacks diction organisation. Nigeria a country where young talents from poor pedigree dies.
The letter is not bad just that it lacks originality, she wanted to impress d employer so she used big words wrongly..she needs to work on her choice of words and organisation of words.
Re: A Graduate Job Seeker Brought This Letter To My Office by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:59am On Aug 18, 2015
adorable29:

The issue most people are pointing out is not exactly the application and its errors really.... Its more about the hypocrisy and 'better than thou' attitude that is so prevalent on here.

The educational system in this country has failed us. That is a basic truth we all know...,

If the OP had posted the letter and written a short article underneath on the falling standard of education in the country and suggested one or two ways to ameliorate the situation like 'improving our reading culture' etc, one will understand.

The OP instead posted the letter of a guy who obviously was trying to impress him just so he can earn his daily bread honestly..... and the OP brings it out for public ridicule and mockery.

That's the crux of the matter really.
We have failed ourselves more. If some of our parents had the opportunities we have, they would have done exploits. The internet is the easiest means to get information, how many youths can do google search?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

He Was Interviewed In The Morning, Company Saw This On His Twitter Page Later / How To Get To JKK House Ilupeju,ikorodu Road? / NNPC 2011 Final Interview Successful Candidates Appointment Letters Finally Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.