Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,157 members, 7,807,531 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:49 PM

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. (12240 Views)

The Trinity Doctrine: How Is 1John 5:7 Translated In Your Bible? / Lord's Chosen Members Lie On The Ground, Perform Stunts In Benin. Photos / What Does It Mean To Test The Spirits?(1john 4:1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:33am On Aug 18, 2015
[b]The only verses in the whole Bible that explicitly ties God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit in one "Triune" being is the verse of 1 John 5:7 "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." This is the type of clear, decisive, and to the-point verse I have been asking for. However, as I would later find out, this verse is now universally recognized as being a later "insertion" of the Church and all recent versions of the Bible, such as the Revised Standard Version the New Revised Standard Version, the New American Standard Bible, the New English Bible, the Phillips Modern English Bible ...etc. have all unceremoniously expunged this verse from their pages. Why is this? The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says: "This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteen century[/b]. TBC

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by majamajic(m): 4:41am On Aug 18, 2015
Jesus is the Word
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:41am On Aug 18, 2015
[b]Isaac Newton states that this verse appeared for the first time in the third edition of Erasmus's New Testament. When they got the Trinity; into his edition they threw by their manuscript, if they had one, as an almanac out of date. And can such shuffling dealings satisfy considering men?....It is rather a danger in religion than an advantage to make it now lean on a broken reed. In all the vehement universal and lasting controversy about the Trinity in Jerome's time and both before and long enough after it, this text of the "three in heaven" was never once thought of. It is now in everybody's mouth and accounted the main text for the business and would assuredly have been so too with them, had it been in their books. "Let them make good sense of it who are able. For my part, I can make none. If it be said that we are not to determine what is Scripture what not by our private judgments, I confess it in places not controverted, but in disputed places I love to take up with what i best understand.[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:50am On Aug 18, 2015
you know, its very funny, paul said all the scriptures are God breathed, yet the same paul is not sure if he has the spirit in him. paul not sure? and he wrote books in the same "holy bible"? thats indeed very funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 4:52am On Aug 18, 2015
majamajic:
Jesus is the Word
how does that refute the claim that 1john 5:7 was inserted into the "holy bible"?

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 5:04am On Aug 18, 2015
was the book of mattew written by him? check out this verse "...And as Jesus passed forth thence, HE (Jesus) saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and HE (Jesus) saith unto HIM (Matthew), follow ME (Jesus) and HE (Matthew) arose, and followed HIM (Jesus).(Matthew 9:9)" if this verse(part of the book) was written by mattew, mattew would have said "and he saw ME" not a man, "saith unto ME" not him, "and I arose" not mattew arose etc. LOL, someone else is writing these books

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2015
does this silence from the christians implies the christians agree that the bible is corrupted from the points I gave?

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by andywaves(m): 9:40am On Aug 18, 2015
The writers of the bible wrote it under the influence of the holy spirit and based on the revelation they received most of them wrote about things that was not possible for them to know like the thoughts and actions of some of the church scribes at that time some of them where not physically present to know what went down.

Even atheists believe in the 'out of body experience' so it is possible that when they were writing the Bible they wrote it in a trancelike state seeing the images being replayed as clear as your HD led 50" Samsung screen.

In such state I don't think he would be conscious enough to recognise his personality, I have a friend whole was hypnosised for close to a week he did all his normal functions went to work normally but ended up clearing his bank accounts and selling his car just to handover all the money to fraudsters and ritualist and believe me they exist.

I just can't understand if people can believe so easily that evil(supernatural) forces exist then why is it so difficult to believe in God. Have you seen the movie 'God is not dead ' if not I recommend it to you and pray u watch it without bias

And if you don't believe in religion or Christianity then answer me this what are we doing here what is the purpose to all this we come, we live, we die to what end and effect?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2015
I was wondering, is salvation through the crucifiction(crucifixtion to christians) of jesus? was it really jesus that was on that cross, paul said anyone that dies on the cross is an accursed of God, so do you believe christ is an accursed of God?(astagfirulloh), numerous verses of the bible proves that jesus did not want to die, he prayed ernestly to God so he will not die, and my christian friends usually say he was sent to die for your sins. *sighs* smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 9:50am On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
how does that refute the claim that 1john 5:7 was inserted into the "holy bible"?
were u there when they inserted it?

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
were u there when they inserted it?
lol, i did not say this the bible scholars did, research to confirm bro, ok let say i am lying, prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 18, 2015
@andywaves, i'm not an atheist, alhamdulillah i am a muslim, and all your write up does not refute my points that 1john5:7 was inserted in the bible, it was never present in the old greek manuscript, it first appeared in the erasmus 3rd edition of the bible. BTW are you sure the holyspirit inspired the writers of the bible? even paul himself at some point said he is not sure if he has the spirit in him yet he said all the scripture are God breathed.

4 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by truthman2013: 10:49am On Aug 18, 2015
Trinitarians have since stopped the use 1john 5:7 in proving their trinity doctrine, Why? because they as well have found out that it is a fraud.

…truthman.

4 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 1:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
lol, i did not say this the bible scholars did, research to confirm bro, ok let say i am lying, prove me wrong.
Despite all these, the Bible still remains perfect and beautiful in it's original form(greek/hebrew). The book of john was originally written in greek and not English, so you can easily translate it into any language of you choice. King james did write the bible, he only translated it.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
Despite all these, the Bible still remains perfect and beautiful in it's original form(greek/hebrew). The book of john was originally written in greek and not English, so you can easily translate it into any language of you choice. King james did write the bible, he only translated it.
bro, you cant just tell me the bible is in its perfect form without proof. you said the book of john was in greek nobody is disputing that, but 1john5:7 is not found in any of the greek manuscript, that is the question i'm asking.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2015
truthman2013:
Trinitarians have since stopped the use 1john 5:7 in proving their trinity doctrine, Why? because they as well have found out that it is a fraud.

…truthman.
We still do. Your believe does not change the fact that there is a FATHER, SON(word) and HOLYSPIRIT and they are one.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
does this silence from the christians implies the christians agree that the bible is corrupted from the points I gave?

You got it wrong, buddy.

You cannot read the bible like you read a book.
The bible was written with guidance of the holy spiri spiri.
Therefore, you must also first embrace the holy spiri spiri, before you can read and discern the contents of the bible.

This is what a friend told me yesterday.
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 1:28pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
We still do. Your believe does not change the fact that there is a FATHER, SON(word) and HOLYSPIRIT and they are one.

Correct.
Just as there is the toothfairy, Santa Claus and Peter Pan, and they are also one.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by truthman2013: 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:

New International Version
For there are three that testify:

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses--

English Standard Version
New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and
these three are one.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
For there are three witnesses —

NET Bible
For there are three that testify,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the
truth.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are three witnesses:

Which of them^ all is correct?

..truthman...

3 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:

Well, if, as you imply, that the bible is mistranslated, that makes it Obviously imperfect, unreliable and misleading.
Don't You agree? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2015
lexiconkabir:
I was wondering, is salvation through the crusifiction(crusifixtion to christians) of jesus? was it really jesus that was on that cross, paul said anyone that dies on the cross is an accursed of God, so do you believe christ is an accursed of God?(astagfirulloh), numerous verses of the bible proves that jesus did not want to die, he prayed ernestly to God so he will not die, and my christian friends usually say he was sent to die for your sins. *sighs* smh.
***Shaking head*** I don't why muslims keep comparing Jesus of the Bible and quran. These are two different people entirely.

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
truthman2013:

New International Version

New Living Translation
So we have these three witnesses--

English Standard Version
New American Standard Bible

King James Bible
For there are three that bear record in heaven,
the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and
these three are one.

Holman Christian Standard Bible

International Standard Version
For there are three witnesses —

NET Bible
For there are three that testify,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the
truth.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are three witnesses:

Which of them^ all is correct?

..truthman...
look for the one written by john in greek and you can do the the translation yourself.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 1:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

Well, if, as you imply, that the bible is mistranslated, that makes it Obviously imperfect, unreliable and misleading.
You don't believe in God, so what's your business with his word?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Fools will always be fools till the Kingdom Come
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
You don't believe in God, so what's your business with his word?

My job here is to roll back, mock and degrade LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES to the dustbins.

I do that by first dismantling them each into their constituent St.Upid parts.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 2:01pm On Aug 18, 2015
@plaetton Just can't imagine the look on your face the day you die anddiscover that there is life after death and you'll be like.. Mogbe!! Motiku!! Egbamio!! Temibami!! But it will be too late for you.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by plaetton: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
[quote author=Medicis post=37084804][/quote]

See how really reta.rded you are?

You have just confessed that you believe only out of mortal fear?

Why would I or anyone fear Life after death?
I live a fairly decent life on Earth, perhaps even better than you.
I also, if there is Life beyond death, look forward to a fearless decent life.

What has all that have to do with whether you believe in the toothfairy, invisible skydaddy, or Santa Claus?

1 Like

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Medicis(m): 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

My job here is to roll back, mock and degrade LETHAL MYTHOLOGIES to the dustbins.

I do that by first dismantling them each into their constituent St.Upid parts.
Your problem is that you think everything ends here, not knowing that even if you live up to 100yrs on earth, its a fraction in eternity and not even up to a day in the presence of God.
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by MightySparrow: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

Misleading who? Christian or Moslems?
Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by truthman2013: 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
look for the one written by john in greek and you can do the the translation yourself.

lmaoooo. I should look for the one written by John after when you are told that it is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteen century. ?

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2015
plaetton:

You got it wrong, buddy.

You cannot read the bible like you read a book.
The bible was written with guidance of the holy spiri spiri.
Therefore, you must also first embrace the holy spiri spiri, before you can read and discern the contents of the bible.

This is what a friend told me yesterday.
cheesy
you keep saying the same thing when it is crystal clear that the bible is corrupted by men, guidance of the holyspirit(that is what they use in deluding themselves)? when paul himself at some point said he is not sure if has the spirit in him, yet he claims that the scripture is God's breathed.

2 Likes

Re: The Lie Of 1john 5:7 and corruption of the bible. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
Medicis:
thats what you are made to believe from your childhood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? / Reasons Why You Go To Your Place Of Worship / Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.