Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. (11730 Views)

Thread For Microbiologists. Let's Meet Here . / Microbiologists; Career Advice / Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 7:55am On Aug 18, 2015
This thread is opened as a platform for graduates of microbiology to interact, and get informations about the various job opportunities in the microbiology profession.
It is expected that the experienced ones in the industries will help out with informations on career opportunities in microbiology and how such jobs could be landed.
Also, it would be appreciated if the salary range of various industries can be discussed.
vivalavida, mintayo.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by vivalavida(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:
This thread is opened as a platform for graduates of microbiology to interact, and get informations about the various job opportunities in the microbiology profession.
It is expected that the experienced ones in the industries will help out with informations on career opportunities in microbiology and how such jobs could be landed.
Also, it would be appreciated if the salary range of various industries can be discussed.
vivalavida, mintayo.

Nice initiative. I hope to meet fellow microbes via this platform. We are ubiquitous by nature. Therefore i urge all of you to come out of your shells and identify with your kith and kin here. Looking forward to that.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Shemmyglo(f): 8:23am On Aug 18, 2015
Nice one.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Lindons(f): 8:33am On Aug 18, 2015
I am a microbiologist.I live in Aba,Abia State.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2015
vivalavida:

Nice initiative. I hope to meet fellow microbes via this platform. We are ubiquitous by nature. Therefore i urge all of you to come out of your shells and identify with your kith and kin here. Looking forward to that.
Thank you my oga in the house. I hope this will make all the others to come out too.I think we should be introducing ourselves by stating the following
Our moniker
institution of graduation
Occupation or industry.
Lemme start with mine
Soulhighman
Funaab.
Corp member
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 9:21am On Aug 18, 2015
My own question: To the seniors in the fmcg industries, what is the average salary in the industry and what professional courses or certifications can one earn in other to have higher chances of being selected?
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2015
Lindons:
I am a microbiologist.I live in Aba,Abia State.

na so e dey be?! you just forget me sad
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 10:06am On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:
My own question: To the seniors in the fmcg industries, what is the average salary in the industry and what professional courses or certifications can one earn in other to have higher chances of being selected?

well you would be surprised that salary range is between N45,000-N70,000 for entry level microbiologists in food, beverage & pharmaceutical coys. as for professional courses you need to get certified in QA/QC ie quality assurance and quality control systems. to get ISO certified is quite expensive and I have gotten the impression that its only those that are working that can actually go for it.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by iabdulrazaq(m): 10:08am On Aug 18, 2015
Nice one. I am a microbiologist currently serving in kwara state passing out dis oct.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 10:16am On Aug 18, 2015
coollabman:

well you would be surprised that salary range is between N45,000-N70,000 for entry level microbiologists in food, beverage & pharmaceutical coys. as for professional courses you need to get certified in QA/QC ie quality assurance and quality control systems. to get ISO certified is quite expensive and I have gotten the impression that its only those that are working that can actually go for it.
Nawa o, 45-70k even in pharmaceutical companies? I used to think pharmaceutical companies pay higher amounts. What about medical sales representatives in the pharmaceutical coys?
And also, getting an HSE certification in my Nysc days, how long can it take me? Can I get into oil company with it?
vivalavida, help shed more light pls?
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:

Nawa o, 45-70k even in pharmaceutical companies? I used to think pharmaceutical companies pay higher amounts. What about medical sales representatives in the pharmaceutical coys?
And also, getting an HSE certification in my Nysc days, how long can it take me? Can I get into oil company with it?
vivalavida, help shed more light pls?

my brother! na harsh reality dey labor market o! even the HSE sef get as e b. it is very difficult getting a job as a safety officer without connections. though getting certified is a very good career step to take. the pharmaceutical sales and marketing stuff is a big NO for me

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
coollabman:

my brother! na harsh reality dey labor market o! even the HSE sef get as e b. it is very difficult getting a job as a safety officer without connections. though getting certified is a very good career step to take. the pharmaceutical sales and marketing stuff is a big NO for me

Hmmmm, nawa o, but so you know how much big cos like nestle and Unilever pay their entry level, maybe its different from that range?
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:

Hmmmm, nawa o, but so you know how much big cos like nestle and Unilever pay their entry level, maybe its different from that range?

nah! its not. highest na N80,000. its better you have a realistic view of the industry. no dey reason jumbo pay, e no dey happen like that.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
coollabman:

nah! its not. highest na N80,000. its better you have a realistic view of the industry. no dey reason jumbo pay, e no dey happen like that.
Hmmm. That's really serious o.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by tobey2ng(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
I my co-microbes.this is my 5th year in manufacturing industry as a microbiologist and quality assurance officer.As a microbiologist u can work in manufacturing industry as analyst in the lab as analyst or QA Officer on the production lines.My advice for the fresh graduate is to start slowly like sm1 said earlier the pay is btw 45-70k depend on hw lucky u are.Forget abt unilever or nestle because they look for experience although it good to dream high buh u have to be realistic.Try to acquire experience 1st eventhou if the pay will only cover Tfare just endure for 2yrs and gsk,fidson,emzor,cowbell,unilever n nestle will be your beginning.See u @ d top

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2015
tobey2ng:
I my co-microbes.this is my 5th year in manufacturing industry as a microbiologist and quality assurance officer.As a microbiologist u can work in manufacturing industry as analyst in the lab as analyst or QA Officer on the production lines.My advice for the fresh graduate is to start slowly like sm1 said earlier the pay is btw 45-70k depend on hw lucky u are.Forget abt unilever or nestle because they look for experience although it good to dream high buh u have to be realistic.Try to acquire experience 1st eventhou if the pay will only cover Tfare just endure for 2yrs and gsk,fidson,emzor,cowbell,unilever n nestle will be your beginning.See u @ d top

thanks for the words of encouragement. but I noticed that entry level jobs for microbiologist are rarely advertised. its as if you need recommendation to get into the industry. we wey no know anybody, how we wan break in? (that's the million dollar question)
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by spartoo: 4:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
I believe it is always right for one to take steps with faith. though I hav not fully entered th labour market I believe industrial microbiology is favourable. I am a corp member serving in a not-so-large food company and I intend to commence HSE courses by next month.

God help us all
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
tobey2ng:
Thanks a lot brother. Pls one more question, will one be able to run masters degree while working in the manufacturing industries. As in, will there be chance? That has also been a major concern for me
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
coollabman:

thanks for the words of encouragement. but I noticed that entry level jobs for microbiologist are rarely advertised. its as if you need recommendation to get into the industry. we wey no know anybody, how we wan break in? (that's the million dollar question)
I subscribed for information on microbiology job openings on jobrapido.com and they send me a lot of vacancies almost everyday. Maybe you should try out the site too. By the way, did you apply for the cocacola Hellenic management trainee programme? May God bless our hustles.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:

I subscribed for information on microbiology job openings on jobrapido.com and they send me a lot of vacancies almost everyday. Maybe you should try out the site too. By the way, did you apply for the cocacola Hellenic management trainee programme? May God bless our hustles.

jobrapido is a wack site. most of the vacancies there have expired or are posted by scam companies. As for the coca cola stuff. I never serve finish. my Nysc number ain't ready yet. the Nysc number is not your state code number, but the number on your discharge certificate
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Dparagon(m): 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2015
Wow, nice thread. Kudos to the creator of this forum and everyone here.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
Am a graduata of microbiology too.@tobey2ng,thanks for your advice.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
coollabman:

jobrapido is a wack site. most of the vacancies there have expired or are posted by scam companies. As for the coca cola stuff. I never serve finish. my Nysc number ain't ready yet. the Nysc number is not your state code number, but the number on your discharge certificate
I didn't appy too. I thought you have finished serving.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Seadurfin(m): 10:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Great microbe in d house! Am a 400l level microbiology student currently in need of a placement for my industrial training jus four months left for d training n am presently in lagos n hv tried most industries pls can anybody b of help 07032667879,seadurf009@gmail.com
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by tobey2ng(m): 10:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
he words of encouragement. but I noticed that entry level jobs for microbiologist are rarely advertised. its as if you need recommendation to get into the industry. we wey no know anybody, how we wan break in? (that's the million dollar question)
Pray even if u have connection and u can't break through the interview it's stil back to square one.Another thing u can do is to try n have access to HR of companies n plead of intern just to acquire experience,who knows u might be consider for job if u are dedicated.Wish u the best
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by tobey2ng(m): 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
[quote author=Ivygold2 post=37097767]Am a graduata of microbiology too.@tobey2ng,thanks for your advice.
Uwc bro
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by tobey2ng(m): 11:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:

Thanks a lot brother. Pls one more question, will one be able to run masters degree while working in the manufacturing industries. As in, will there be chance? That has also been a major concern for me
Some coy gives edu leaves or u can run PT/wkend program too
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:
I didn't appy too. I thought you have finished serving.
no not yet. but I try to source for info myself.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
soulhighman:

there is no part time msc microbiology programme offered in Nigeria. trust me I have checked. MSC microbiology in most schools is a minimum of 18 months, some are even 2yrs (uniben). if you're going for MSC then know you can't work during the period of the programme.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by soulhighman(m): 5:54am On Aug 19, 2015
tobey2ng:

Some coy gives edu leaves or u can run PT/wkend program too
Sorry for disturbing you again, but I've not seen amy weekend or part time MSC for microbiology before. Or is there one that you know. As for the edu leave, I think I will love that.
Re: Thread For Microbiologists, Both Graduates And Experienced. by tobey2ng(m): 7:25am On Aug 19, 2015
soulhighman:

Sorry for disturbing you again, but I've not seen amy weekend or part time MSC for microbiology before. Or is there one that you know. As for the edu leave, I think I will love that.
Search online,i think osu or unaab or taisu do,just check

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Sure-fire Ways To Getting Your Voice Heard In Your Workplace As An Introvert. / Ways To Deal With Sexual Harassment At Work / Benue Civil Servants Shun Offices Over Six Months Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.