Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism (3219 Views)

The Similarities Between Catholicism And Islam; (pics Included) / Are Roman Catholicism And Christianity The Same Thing? / Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
5solas:
Roman Catholicism! Spring of Pelagianism, Arminianism, Counter-reformation, Jesuits, e.t.c
reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/canons_of_orange.html

This is what d church teaches and taught against pelagius, that make pelagianism a heresy totally forbidden in catholicism
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by 5solas(m): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
Are u even award that it was d catholic church that condemed pelegianism long before luther and co was born?
Yes, I am aware of that.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by 5solas(m): 8:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ubenedictus:
reformed.org/documents/index.html?mainframe=http://www.reformed.org/documents/canons_of_orange.html

This is what d church teaches and taught against pelagius, that make pelagianism a heresy totally forbidden in catholicism

I am yet to read your link . Agreed they condemed Pelegianism then but they reversed themselves later and embraced it, in the Council of Trent, I believe.
And yet the Catholic Church does not err. grin
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2016
5solas:

I am yet to read your link . Agreed they condemed Pelegianism then but they reversed themselves later and embraced it, in the Council of Trent, I believe.
And yet the Catholic Church does not err. grin
Have u even read d council of trent? a council doesnt reverse another. trent didnt reverse orange.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 11:28am On Dec 05, 2016
5solas this is what trent taught. no pelagainism
Canon 1. If anyone says that man can be justified before God by his own works, whether done by his own natural powers or through the teaching of the law,[110] without divine grace through Jesus Christ, let him be anathema. Canon 2. If anyone says that divine grace through Christ Jesus is given for this only, that man may be able more easily to live justly and to merit eternal life, as if by free will without grace he is able to do both, though with hardship and difficulty, let him be anathema.
Canon 3. If anyone says that without the predisposing inspiration of the Holy Ghost[111] and without His help, man can believe, hope, love or be repentant as he ought,[112] so that the grace of justification may be bestowed upon him, let him be anathema. www.ewtn.com/library/councils/trent6.htm
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 2:11pm On Dec 22, 2016
5solas are u still there?
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Omudia11: 2:50pm On Dec 22, 2016
You're kidding right? Do you know how many people the catholic church killed to enforce catholicism on others? Do you even know the history of your church?

By the way, being a catholic is not a faith, being a christian is. Being catholic will not take you to heaven, being a follower of Christ will.
kenlash1:
Dont listen to dis hypocrite. They go around d internet spreading their doctrine of hate . My faith as a catholic will never be shaken cos of ur lies. Pentecostalism has done more harm than good.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
Omudia11:
You're kidding right? Do you know how many people the catholic church killed to enforce catholicism on others? Do you even know the history of your church?

By the way, being a catholic is not a faith, being a christian is. Being catholic will not take you to heaven, being a follower of Christ will.
this is a bit one sided, do u know how many d protestant churches kill to assert their teaching?
abi u think say na only catholics kill people?
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Omudia11: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
Pray tell... who and how did the Protestant churches kill?

I was not one sided. The catholic church committed crimes against humanity. They burnt people alive, dropped people in boiling oils and did all other manner of barbaric acts. The catholicism was the state religion of the roman empire. Anyone who opposed the church or the Reverends were severely death with or killed. They also introduced the worship of Mary and idolatry. However some people realized that they were not in line with the true gospel and decided to break out - forming the Anglican Church and many other churches that are now renowned today.

The Protestant church has never been known for killing people. Even the fake pastors who do so are apprehended and face the law.

To find out more, ask any theologian you know. Or better yet, study theology.
Ubenedictus:
this is a bit one sided, do u know how many d protestant churches kill to assert their teaching?
abi u think say na only catholics kill people?
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2016
Omudia11:
Pray tell... who and how did the Protestant churches kill?

I was not one sided. The catholic church committed crimes against humanity. They burnt people alive, dropped people in boiling oils and did all other manner of barbaric acts. The catholicism was the state religion of the roman empire. Anyone who opposed the church or the Reverends were severely death with or killed. They also introduced the worship of Mary and idolatry. However some people realized that they were not in line with the true gospel and decided to break out - forming the Anglican Church and many other churches that are now renowned today.

The Protestant church has never been known for killing people. Even the fake pastors who do so are apprehended and face the law.

To find out more, ask any theologian you know. Or better yet, study theology.
Read again, both the anglicans and the calvinist managed to form their own death squads.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Omudia11: 7:30pm On Dec 22, 2016
This thread is about Catholics sir.
Ubenedictus:
Read again, both the anglicans and the calvinist managed to form their own death squads.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by akintom(m): 8:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
The Judeo-Christian religion is such an interesting study in court jesting, mutatis mutandis and insidious irritation.

First, the Roman government designed the Judeo-Christian religion as a weapon to make the minds of the conquered folks, subservient to her whims and caprices. Just like the book - the making of slaves.

Judeo-Christian religion, a crafty worldviews that conglomerate multi religious beliefs, of all ancient religions of culture, that matters in the Roman Empire then. This was a political tool with which the Roman government hoped to enlarge their empire.

It wasn't expected to be taken outside a case of puppeteers, just doing their masters biddings.

Second, the Anglican that was formed, in revolt by the king of England against the papal political intransigence. The England King founded the Anglican so that he could do as he wished with women.

Isn't funny to see folks, taking the products of these basic instincts of men, as something to be taken seriously?

Thirdly, the protestant were driven against the papal domineering delusion, out of human innate repulsion against extreme oppression. Of course the protestants became vicious in their quest and within the shortest time, they fractionalized and it continues till today.

Now that a protestant, who can't tell which number is his own fraction of protestants, and on NL, is judging the Catholic Church (the very progenitor of Judeo-Christian religion) as agent of Satan.

Hmmmm...... Religion na Politics
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On Dec 23, 2016
Omudia11:
This thread is about Catholics sir.
no sir, the topic is attaining salvation in the catholic church, you came in and started to talk about catholics killing people as if protestants were innocent. You derailed the topic into who killed who.

I guess now u also know protestants where killers
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by 5solas(m): 10:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Ubenedictus:
5solas are u still there?
Your point is noted.
Sorry for the delay. I will be with you later in the day , by His grace.
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Omudia11: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2016
Do you born calories by jumping into conclusions? It was a Catholic who derailed the thread by saying pentecostals were killers which necessitated me going down history lane. Go and read his comment first before accusing me wrongly.

Also know your Roman Catholic history so you don't sound ignorant. Pentecostals have never been known for killing. Pentecostals brought great revivals to Christianity.
Ubenedictus:
no sir, the topic is attaining salvation in the catholic church, you came in and started to talk about catholics killing people as if protestants were innocent. You derailed the topic into who killed who.

I guess now u also know protestants where killers
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
Omudia11:
Do you born calories by jumping into conclusions? It was a Catholic who derailed the thread by saying pentecostals were killers which necessitated me going down history lane. Go and read his comment first before accusing me wrongly.

Also know your Roman Catholic history so you don't sound ignorant. Pentecostals have never been known for killing. Pentecostals brought great revivals to Christianity.
Dont listen to dis hypocrite. They go
around d internet spreading their
doctrine of hate . My faith as a
catholic will never be shaken cos of
ur lies. Pentecostalism has done
more harm than good.
THAT IS WHAT U QUOTED, WHERE DID IT MENTION KILLING?
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Omudia11: 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
I said your fellow catholic brought up that topic or don't you understand? Catholicism has always been the problem of christianity and your opinion is inconsequential to proven facts.

I don't exchange words on NL. If you can't converse intellectually without insults then goodluck talking to yourself cuz I won't reply any further.

Ubenedictus:
more harm than good.
THAT IS WHAT U QUOTED, WHERE DID IT MENTION KILLING?
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 3:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
5solas:

Your point is noted.
Sorry for the delay. I will be with you later in the day , by His grace.
no problem
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 3:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Omudia11:

and pentecostals are a subset of protestants
Re: Attaining Salvation In Roman Catholicism by Ubenedictus(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
Omudia11:
I said your fellow catholic brought up that topic or don't you understand? Catholicism has always been the problem of christianity and your opinion is inconsequential to proven facts.

I don't exchange words on NL. If you can't converse intellectually without insults then goodluck talking to yourself cuz I won't reply any further.

i didnt insult u, i simply quoted d person u claimed derailed d thread. the person didnt derail d thread, u were d person who brought up d issue of killing.
THIS IS D POST U CLAIMED DERAILED D THREAD.
more harm than good.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Allegedly - A Wizard Man With Boobs Spotted In Church (pictures) / You Can Go To Jerusalem Pilgrimage With #50k This December / How Does An Atheist Repent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.