Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,831 members, 7,802,664 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It (1009 Views)

Saudi Style, Photos Shows Arab Men Driving Their Suvs On Just Two Wheels. / Mercedes Benz Self Driving Bus Unveiled (photos) / Self-driving Volkswagen Sedric Concept To Be Available In 2025 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 18, 2015
For da past 1 and the half year, i've been to two different driving schools but driving just seem so diffuclt, i cannot hold dat steering wit my right hand and hav tried to use my right leg for da brake nd accelerator but its impossible cry i've even tried explainin my problem to my driving teacher but they dnt undastand. Am left-handed but i dnt tink dat shouldn't be an excuse bcuz i knw many lefthanders who drive perfectly.. I am plannin to quit all my driving lessons but i just came to nairaland to seek advice.. Help a brother
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by shadowripper(f): 11:35am On Aug 18, 2015
No need... With patience... First of all... Introduction

Make sure that you are seated with the driver anywhere you are going... be it public buses or cabs. Monitor their movements and the way they change the gear, use pedals and the steering..

You can as well do it.

That was all I did and was able to drive without a driving school.... Using Manual transition fa

1 Like

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by DickDastardly(m): 11:52am On Aug 18, 2015
Try learning flying or boat rowing then. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by sultaan(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2015
If you don't have access to a car to keep practicing it will suck you can try learning with automatic on assign open field once you can confidently control a car then try the manual

1 Like

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by abatically(m): 1:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
Durent:
For da past 1 and the half year, i've been to two different driving schools but driving just seem so diffuclt, i cannot hold dat steering wit my right hand and hav tried to use my right leg for da brake nd accelerator but its impossible cry i've even tried explainin my problem to my driving teacher but they dnt undastand. Am left-handed but i dnt tink dat shouldn't be an excuse bcuz i knw many lefthanders who drive perfectly.. I am plannin to quit all my driving lessons but i just came to nairaland to seek advice.. Help a brother

Try power bike, it is much easier. At least u won't need to use ur right leg for throttle.
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by ba7man(m): 6:38pm On Aug 18, 2015
Durent:
If Shola the most timid girl I've ever known can learn to drive a manual geared car, anyone can learn.

All it takes is confidence.
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
ba7man:
If Shola the most timid girl I've ever known can learn to drive a manual geared car, anyone can learn.

All it takes is confidence.
is shola left-handed
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by ba7man(m): 6:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
Durent:
is shola left-handed
I am left handed and I drive both manual and automatic.

What if you were in UK where they use right hand drive cars?

Find an estate with minimal traffic, learn and make all the mistakes you want to make within it, when you're sure of yourself, drive out and go gain more confidence.

Make sure you have a good drive by your side to put you through.
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by titosantana(m): 9:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
If you can post on Nairaland you should be able to learn driving with ease.

Fools drive, illiterates drive, ignorants people too drive, so why can't you?

1 Like

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Originalsly: 10:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
"You can bring the horse to the water but you can't make him drink it". OP you have blocked your mind from learning to drive .... until you can entertain positive thinking nothing would change. Only you can help you. It's like someone trying to make you eat dog meat.... you would have a mental block and it wouldn't happen...no matter which expert prepared it and who explain how good it is for you.Free your mind first.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2015
You have to start working on your mentality if you must sail through. Saying you are not sure if u will ever learn how to drive a car means you have already decided ur fate. Be euthusauatic about driving and u will do it. Believe in yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 19, 2015
Relocate to Riverline areas, learn how to Row, Row, Row ur boat gently down the stream!!!!

1 Like

Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by lonelydora: 12:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Be confident in yourself that you can do it, then, endure until you learn it very well.
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by Cutehector(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2015
Take a car key, insert it into d ignition, start the car, clutch down, put gear one, release clutch slowly while energizing... As d car moves, speed d hell off... Thank me later
Re: Driving Sucks!!..am Nt Sure I'll Ever Learn It by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:31am On Aug 20, 2015
Durent:

please dont tell me that the car are also automatic ?

(1) (Reply)

Car Experts Advice plz. Buick Rendevouz 2008 / I Cant Find My Tyre's manufacturing Date, Pls Help(pics) / No.1 Car Auction In Nigeria “cars45” Gets $5million Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.