Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,792 members, 7,798,670 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF (9530 Views)

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World / Sexualization Of School Children / 11 Million Nigerian Children Out Of School - Agency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by sigiyaya(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
This one should wait till the next administration be nothing concern this present administration concern education, you can not give what you dont have. Our prisido no go school grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by ibkgab001: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
Omo YyIbo will die of Yoruba heart attack
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
simple answer, they are out of school because schools are on break
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by RexTramadol1: 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
ladyF:
That's a large number shocked
You can start sending them to school na

Civic duties!
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by gunnykid(m): 4:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
all dis are wat jona soppused to do but no matter what baba will do it
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by cococandy(f): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2015
This is sad and more like a time bomb waiting to explode
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BlackBaron: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
I hope a bill would be passed to make it a criminal offence for guardians or parents of children below 16 years to keep them out of school.

Not forgetting that MASSIVE contribution should be made in the educational sector. It's just as important as the quest for power, hospitals, infrastructures, etc.

4 Likes

Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by lfdomitorio(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2015
But lets be realistic if each one of in our little help the kids closest to us it will save a lot of stress ....It is high time we Ignored Politicians lets do things in our own way.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by dasrackhor(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Imortal001:
Who calculate the maths?
same thing I dey wonder oooo..who dey do d calculation self??
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by MrCounselor: 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2015
This isn't true jor.

Rubbish statisticians, this is a scam to get aid from international NGOs.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by tony1918(m): 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
I don't know why igbo want to kill there self on another man matter.You all say S.W have high level of illiteracy when free education started first in this part.When your people where clamoring for there scam Biafra .Our Grand father were busy seeing the future of education and embracing it to our benefit or do you think it's sheer luck that of the 5 first generation University in Nigeria 3 is in S.W (UI,OAU,UNILAG)..When we yoruba keep quiet its not that we are dumb or coward but we've learnt from our Elders that an Empty barrel makes the loudest noise..

4 Likes

Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BishopMagic: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
So malctunji moved this to education not knowing it will be moved to fp.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BishopMagic: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
MrCounselor:
This isn't true jor.

Rubbish statisticians, this is a scam to get aid from international NGOs.

What is Boko Haram fighting for?

What excuse did they give you after they killed innocent young boys in their hostel and abducted chibok girls?

Use your head.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by AmakaDNB(f): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2015
10.5M, sad.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
IbnSultaan:
I don't insult Shalom
I like you jareyy that dude post is all about insult..
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by atlwireles: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
10.5M, let me know when you reach 30M. I truly, don't care. angry angry angry
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by darlenese(f): 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
9.5m are Northerners
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by AmanfoOnyirom: 5:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
what wat
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hmm.,....

The question to me is...what is keeping these kids out of school..

First off, most of these kids are in the rural areas. Many of them rural schools are in a bad state...thanks to the very clever policy of govt taking over schools and building more schools since the 1970's....without making provision for them to be funded. (Which is why I am not too happy about GEJ's almajiri schools....where is the money to keep them looking good going to come from?). Then there is the lack of teachers....and the fact that too many kids are attending the schools. Of course....we could increase funding by charging fees...but.....poverty(More on that later).

Second....parents in many parts of Nigeria...eg the North (since this thread has turned into a Bash North thread...I thought a bit of explaining would be in order)....waste their money on kids....and at the end of the day the kids get a degree...and no jobs. Meanwhile...the illiterate that dropped out of school in primary 2 is making money via farming...or trading. Tell me....why should parents send their kids to school.....when they get nothing out of it in the end?

And third...the big question.....HOW DO WE GET THE EDUCATION SYSTEM WORKING FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE KIDS?

Our education system basically trains kids for city clerk jobs. Fine...not every kid wants to be a clerk for Kuku, Kuku and Smith. We need to figure out a way to make education meaningful for the out of school kids.So...more emphasis on farming for the rural kids for example.

And let's be honest....Nigeria ain't got no money for schools. We have to sort out the funding issue by raising fees.....or by ending the subsidising of university education, making universities free to charge fees as high as N500000.....and redirect funding to the primary and secondary schools. We may also need to encourage public-private initiatives.

So...let's be fair.....Buhari better appoint a really good minister of education...with a mandate to improve teacher training....and raise fees in university so that we can have more money for schools....and most importantly curriculum development.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by universe123: 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
IbnSultaan:

I don't insult
Shalom
Nice response to that lunatic..you are one of the few northerners I like and respect in this forum.. One love bro
Coming from your brother in the east

1 Like

Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by mrbillz(m): 5:05pm On Aug 18, 2015
prettysolid:
THEY MUST BE IN THE NORTH AND YOLOBA LAND. BUT Y ABOKI NO LIKE SKULL I NO JST KNOW
should have said something more offensive,but i would not hobnob with kids like you! Which is the more educated sub-geographical zone in Nigeria if not the south-westerner. Den go bring una frm igbo land at age 5 to come dey hustle for rice and beans store and u re here ranting...
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by MrCounselor: 5:06pm On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:

What is Boko Haram fighting for?

What excuse did they give you after they killed innocent young boys in their hostel and abducted chibok girls?

Use your head.

Maybe your own silly head is malfunctioning. How many of your neighbours' children are out of school?
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BishopMagic: 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2015
MrCounselor:

Maybe your own silly head is malfunctioning. How many of your neighbours' children are out of school?

Am not an ab0ki and I don't have ab0ki neighbors
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by MrCounselor: 5:09pm On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:

Am not an ab0ki and I don't have ab0ki neighbors

Does him visiting Bauchi state mean he's referring to ab0kis only?
He referred to Nigeria as a whole, you self-righteous hypocrite.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BishopMagic: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2015
MrCounselor:

Does him visiting Bauchi state mean he's referring to ab0kis only?
He referred to Nigeria as a whole, you self-righteous hypocrite.

shatap! you fool.

You can never defend your illiterate masters up north.

Ab0kis no dey go school. FACT!
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by MrCounselor: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:

shatap! you fool.

You can never defend your illiterate masters up north.

Ab0kis no dey go school. FACT!

Silly goat, we are all in Nigeria at this moment, until you claim your own nation you still remain a Nigerian. go school or not you remained a goat.
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by Boyooosa(m): 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
BishopMagic:
IbnSultaan you must comment!
Your pix looks nicer than your comment... r u one of these cute guys? just curious to know. grin
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by BishopMagic: 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2015
Boyooosa:

Your pix looks nicer than your comment... r u one of these cute guys? just curious to know. grin

GERROUT FAG0T
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by chesterlee(m): 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2015
tony1918:
I don't know why igbo want to kill there self on another man matter.You all say S.W have high level of illiteracy when free education started first in this part.When your people where clamoring for there scam Biafra .Our Grand father were busy seeing the future of education and embracing it to our benefit or do you think is cheer luck that of the 5 first generation University in Nigeria 3 is in S.W (UI,OAU,UNILAG)..When we yoruba keep quiet its not that we are dumb or coward but we've learnt from our Elders that an Empty barrel makes the loudest noise..

"Cheer luck" grin grin grin

Oga please do yourself a favour and get back to school!

Dumbo!
Re: 10.5m Children Out Of School In Nigeria – UNICEF by Boyooosa(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
alcmene:
None of my business
When Jonathan wanted to salvage the situation through building of numerous almajiri schools,
They payed him back by voting him out of power.
Only a mad man protests when his unclothedness is covered
ur pix looks nicer dan ur comment... r u one of d guys here? just curious to know. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Katsina Federal University Shut Over VC's Reinstatement / Why Do People Lie About Their Academic Pedigree / How Good Are You? Rewrite This Sentece Lets See.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.