Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,004 members, 7,799,442 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. (5003 Views)

3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start Today / 3 Legitimate Online Businesses A Nigerian Can Start In 2017 / 10 Businesses A Good Christian/muslim Should Not Venture Into (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pointstores(m): 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=pattybf post=46981740]i'm still around![/quoI DRIVER LICENSE HOW MUCH IS IT
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by pattybf(f): 7:26pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=pointstores post=46983160][/quote]

pls contact me privately or take ur question to my thread, in order not to derail this topic!

thanks
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 8:39am On Jul 11, 2016
Where do I get subscribers?

Now, this is one major questions being asked by newbies on a daily basis. Truly, if you understand where to get subscribers, then the Sky is your starting point (not your limit). In your hunt for subscribers, be carefully to attract only targeted users otherwise your journey will be fruitless. Like I said before, your list of 1000 can be more effective that those of 10,000. Depends on who are in your list.

Currently there are over 70 million Nigerians using the internet and getting just less than 1% of that figure as your customer base is something worthwhile...don't you think?

Now am going to show you where to get targeted subscribers shortly. But first, what tool do you use to get these people to subscribe?

1. Using your website.
If you have a website or blog, then you can put signup forms on it. Either as a popup or on the sides. If what you offer in your website is good enough, you will start having subscribers. The main objective of a subscriber is "Can you send me more of this?"

2. Plain URL
Every mail client has the option of obtaining subscribers with a custom url. You can distribute this URL (which contains a very short form) so individuals can sign up to what you have to offer even if you don't have a website.

My next post will throw some light on more complex ways of getting subscribers like squeeze pages, funnels, etc.

Stay tuned
. cool

1 Like

Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by jpride(m): 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
Thanks bro.
Following keenly
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2016
jpride:
Thanks bro.

Following keenly
grin
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by cynthia123(f): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nice educative post.

I. Have a question (but a bit off the topic of discussion)

Am working on a website that can be giving sports lovers Live scores and results of their teams (something like Livescore) and also create a section for Paid Betting tips too.

From your experience, do you thing integrating a Opt in email will be okay for such service?

If yes, can someone be able to assign this Opt in form to only a specific page of the site (cos I want it on the top or Header of the Homepage (the page where d Livescore is) and on the Page where am offering the Paid Betting Tips?
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2016
cynthia123:
Nice educative post.

I. Have a question (but a bit off the topic of discussion)

Am working on a website that can be giving sports lovers Live scores and results of their teams (something like Livescore) and also create a section for Paid Betting tips too.

From your experience, do you thing integrating a Opt in email will be okay for such service?

If yes, can someone be able to assign this Opt in form to only a specific page of the site (cos I want it on the top or Header of the Homepage (the page where d Livescore is) and on the Page where am offering the Paid Betting Tips?

It's very necessary. Any business you do especially online, you need email subscribers. And yes it can be assigned to any page you want. It can even be a stand alone link. But it being on a particular website page is more effective. If you want I can help you with integration processes (nwakstar2020@gmail.com).

1 Like

Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by henriosko: 11:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Please you've not post anymore on the thread......can you continue
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by databoy247(m): 4:30pm On Sep 15, 2018
henriosko:
Please you've not post anymore on the thread......can you continue

I thought no one is interested.
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by jaelz(m): 10:44am On Jan 11, 2019
Please how do I get Targeted Emails and Lists Please contact me via jaelzy@gmail.com
databoy247:
Back in the day when email was invented, it immediately solved the problem of communication via writing of letters. Back then if you wanted to communicate with someone in Lagos, you would have to send a letter from Benin to Lagos, since landline was more of a communication tool for the well-to-do.

With email, it became easier to communicate with anybody anywhere in the world....and it is way cheaper too.

Then comes the advent of Blackberry and Android phones, email users increased because without an email address, you wont be able to make use of these devices. Virtually 70% (over 72 million Nigerians) of Nigerians make use of an email address...what better way to do business communications?

Email marketing is an art of promoting your business, increasing your sales via an efficient email system. But it is way easy to gather as many email addresses as you can online, and start sending messages to people. WRONG!

They are called un-solicited emails and in developed country, you can be sued for that. You dont force a message down the throat of someone. This is because it is very very effective to call someone on phone and say; 'Hi, i will be coming to your office later by 12 noon to discuss something with you", and when you get there you will be listened to. Rather than show up unannounced...someone will just call security for you.

To start an email marketing campaign, always start with permission.
People open email from people they know, and they delete or mark as spam email from people they don’t recognize. This is why it’s critical that you always ask for permission before adding a new contact to your email list. Permission-based email marketing is the best route to developing long-lasting customer relationships that drive repeat sales and valuable word-of-mouth for your business. And this will keep you from going to court.....trust me. (There are some people here in this NL who are really guilty of this...e.g the guy that calls himself tectono ventures.....please stop sending me unsolicited emails...I have the right to sue you for privacy infringement) angry angry

Back to business, grin. When someone joins your email list, they are opting-in to learn more about your business. Some of these people will be completely new to your business and want to learn more about what you have to offer. For new customers, you could send emails with additional information about your business and the different products and services you have to offer.

But do you know it is possible to have an email list of 1000 subscribers and when you send out a message, less than 10 will actually read what you have sent out?

In email marketing, it is assumed that a 20% open rate (200 out of 1000 reading your email) is a success. As for me, sometimes i enjoy a 41% open rate. How did i manage to achieve this?

How do you get people to join your email list? How can you get new subscribers? There is nothing as cool as someone saying "hey, i want to join your list because i want to get emails from you".

Watch out for my next post. I am a very busy person, so you will have to develop some form of patience with me. cool
Re: Learn Email Marketing (for Businesses) - A Free Nairaland Training. by Tectono: 1:26pm On May 24, 2019
jaelz:
Please how do I get Targeted Emails and Lists Please contact me via jaelzy@gmail.com
We have sent you an e-mail (via: jaelzy@gmail.com) that contains how you will get the targeted e-mail database. You can take a look at it and get back to us.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Empty Cosmetic Lotion Bottles/cosmetic Containers / How To Your Own Ecommerce Website Like Jumia & Konga & Make Money Online In 2015 / Investors Lose N370 Billion, Highest Dip In Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.