Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm (1562 Views)

Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / 7 Signs You Are Unhealthy But You Probably Ignore / 14 Signs You’re Not Drinking Enough Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by McCarlito(m): 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2015

Waking up with the feeling of having a well-rested night is sure a great feeling that most people probably have not been able to enjoy regularly.

In this part of the world, most people make some ‘sleep mistakes’ at about 9pm that cost them their entire restful night. This continues day by day, evolving into a way of life; this then calves the sleeping pattern of many ‘victims’. Here are 4 mistakes you are probably making after 9pm that is costing you a restful night.

1. Eating ‘Large’ Portions Of Food As Dinner

Your sleep can be affected when you eat a ‘huge’ heavy dinner. It has been made known that having bigger breakfasts and smaller dinners can sure stabilize blood sugar, while big meals that include more fatty foods, delicious as they may be, take longer to digest and keep the body awake. If your sleep is suffering, keep dinner on the lighter, healthier side.

2. Not Knowing When To Do Away With Your Phone

The present generation is internet-technology-inclined. We practically do a huge number of stuff with our phones. However, checking your work email when you’re finally home from office IS A SIN to your ‘sleep life’. When you get home, the last thing you should do is reach for your smartphone to check and see if your boss sent you an urgent, ‘Reply ASAP’ email. If it’s really that urgent, they’ll call. Otherwise, take a deep breath and convince yourself that leftover work from today can always wait.

3. When You Go To Bed Angry

Most people try to use sleep as a getaway avenue for anger but it does not always work that way! When you go to bed angry, you try to analyze why the anger occurred and thinking creeps in, keeping you mentally alert even when your body is physically sending you ‘time for bed’ signals. It is always best to settle rifts before bed so as to have a good sleep and wake up in a great mood.

4. Taking Multivitamins at Night

Having a regular dosage of multivitamins sure helps the body well but a hefty dose of B vitamins in the evening can create an unintentional energizing effect that combats the natural sleep cycle.
If you’re someone who struggles with sleep, taking your medication in the morning will be great idea compared to having it in the evening. When taken on an empty stomach, multivitamins can sometimes cause discomfort and even nausea, so consider taking yours with breakfast as a preventative measure.

#McCarlito
Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by kestolove95(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2015
Dat no_2 na him b my problem..but I no believ no_1....cox I can't sleep wit half or empty belle..

1 Like

Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 18, 2015
guilty of just no 2. The rest no be me

1 Like

Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by Teeboy22(m): 5:34am On Aug 19, 2015
like seriously

1 Like

Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by McCarlito(m): 10:17am On Aug 26, 2015
Teeboy22:
like seriously
Like Seriously angry
Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by McCarlito(m): 10:20am On Aug 26, 2015
kestolove95:
Dat no_2 na him b my problem..but I no believ no_1....cox I can't sleep wit half or empty belle..
Have u tried sleeping at night after eating one big bowl of Eba by past 10pm
Try it then u'll know the power of...... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by pavanvandaal: 1:24pm On Aug 26, 2015
The biggest problem i have that i go to bad with my laptop, as i have a lot of the work to do and often i can sit till 3am. Like last night i went to bed at 4am because i needed to do the article "can you buy essays online uk" and make the list of the services.

1 Like

Re: Some Sleep Mistakes You’re Probably Making After 9pm by McCarlito(m): 1:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
pavanvandaal:
The biggest problem i have that i go to bad with my laptop, as i have a lot of the work to do and often i can sit till 3am. Like last night i went to bed at 4am because i needed to do the article "can you buy essays online uk" and make the list of the services.
It will never be an issue till u make it an addiction angry
I hope u finish the essay writing soonest cos of the health effects of Lack of Sleep

(1) (Reply)

Why You Must Use Condoms Until You Are Married / Resident Doctors Resume Today / Kedi Revive Did The Magic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.