Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:53 PM

Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State (52907 Views)

Construction Of Fourbedroom Duplex And Two Unit Of Two Bedroom Flat @ Isheriopic / A Two Unit Of 2 and Three Bedroom Bungalow With C Of O - 6million (photo) Asaba / Two-storey Building Collapses In Ogidi, Anambra, 7 Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by TLAX: 12:28pm On Aug 25, 2015
Why are you not using 9" blocks or 6" blocks all the way? Any particular reason?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by mufutau55(m): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
Onuokwu:

Good. Perhaps you can use it in your next project and give us tutorials. You are very good at that. That will complement the youtube lesson and case study discussion by Fastshipping, EgunMogaji and Hajj! grin

Odogwu, that will be real nice o. We can all learn from it. But you need those equipment to do the screeding.
You just need one builder to start it and various clients demanding it and it will surely be a standard.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 3:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
Its based on the architectural drawing....The architect specified mainly 9" blocks for external walls and 6" for internal walls...
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by TLAX: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2015
podosci:
Its based on the architectural drawing....The architect specified mainly 9" blocks for external walls and 6" for internal walls...

Okay Gotcha. Thanks. Does any one in the house know the reason for this?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PeoplesArmy: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2015
Onuokwu:

Good. Perhaps you can use it in your next project and give us tutorials. You are very good at that. That will complement the youtube lesson and case study discussion by Fastshipping, EgunMogaji and Hajj! grin

tongue
mufutau55:

Odogwu, that will be real nice o. We can all learn from it. But you need those equipment to do the screeding.
You just need one builder to start it and various clients demanding it and it will surely be a standard.

Hajji M.

I agree. It just needs a pioneer.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:10pm On Aug 25, 2015
TLAX:

Okay Gotcha. Thanks. Does any one in the house know the reason for this?

space constrain is the main reason why the architect decide to make all the internal wall 150mm. The wall separating the two flat was changed to 225mm ( 9"wink at the site because of the intended load that it will carry from the roof.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by TLAX: 7:49pm On Aug 25, 2015
abdulwastecx:

space constrain is the main reason why the architect decide to make all the internal wall 150mm. The wall separating the two flat was changed to 225mm ( 9"wink at the site because of the intended load that it will carry from the roof.

Now Understood perfectly. Thanks.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by podosci(m): 8:48am On Aug 26, 2015
Is it available in Nigeria?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by donbuchi1(m): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2015
I learnt on the application of polystyrene materials to prevent moisture from rising through the wall.

Thanks!
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Onuokwu: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2015
podosci:
Is it available in Nigeria?

Is "what" available in Nigeria?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
completion of block to wall to lintel level:

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 4:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
more pics

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by erico2k2(m): 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2015
abdulwastecx:
more pics
Xcelent job going on here, well done.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 5:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
erico2k2:

Xcelent job going on here, well done.

Thanks sir
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Onuokwu: 5:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
abdulwastecx:
more pics

Great job and nice pictures. Can you also resume the lectures you normally give as in other threads in addition to the pictures....i know time is scarce but those lectures are very helpful o! sad undecided
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by alsudaes1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2015
abdulwastecx:
more pics

nice job

please what is the dimension of the windows?
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 6:43pm On Aug 26, 2015
alsudaes1:

nice job

please what is the dimension of the windows?

750mm x 1500mm
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PeoplesArmy: 7:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
@OP, I just love the scenery of this project with palm trees and other trees all around. I hope you guys don't have plans to cut any of those trees o, abeg!

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by mufutau55(m): 8:16pm On Aug 26, 2015
abdulwastecx:
completion of block to wall to lintel level:

This is a very nice and neat job.... Kudos.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Miscellaneous(m): 1:09am On Aug 28, 2015
abdulwastecx:

750mm x 1500mm

I'm tempted to ask, do u mean this is the dimension for say, the washroom? Like , are all the window sizes allowed to be of same dimensions? I thought those of washroom are smaller compared to living room……
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 7:35am On Aug 28, 2015
Miscellaneous:

I'm tempted to ask, do u mean this is the dimension for say, the washroom? Like , are all the window sizes allowed to be of same dimensions? I thought those of washroom are smaller compared to living room……

washrooms have smaller dimension of 600mm x 900mm.
living room 750mm x 1800mm
bedroom 750mm x 1500mm
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Miscellaneous(m): 8:07am On Aug 28, 2015
abdulwastecx:

washrooms have smaller dimension of 600mm x 900mm. living room 750mm x 1800mm bedroom 750mm x 1500mm
thanks…… I'm starting to get a feel of this……
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 01, 2015
abdulwastecx:
continuation of foundation feeling:

estimated quantity of sand fill : 12 trips of 15 tonnage vehicle
Quantity of sand fill used : 16 trips of 15 tonnage vehicle

Estimated time of filling and compaction : 3 days
Expended time of filling : 3 days

cost of filling the foundation @ N7,000 = N112,000
Labour cost = N50,000
Total cost = N162,000

Pls Boss, we would like to know the maths U used, if any, to estimate the number oF trips oF sand for backfilling.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:14am On Sep 04, 2015
written:
Pls Boss, we would like to know the maths U used, if any, to estimate the number oF trips oF sand for backfilling.

Here is the simple way get my estimate;
1.Know the density of filling earth/laterite
2.get the volume of laterite required to filled the foundation after back filled has been done ( the excavated earth returned and compacted). This volume is the area of each room x the height of the foundation (internal dimension between the back filled earth and top of block wall)
3. convert the volume to weight through the density relationship, and divide the weight by 1000kg to covert to tonnes. The allow about 30-40% for shrinkage as the compacted earth form into position.
4. Trucks supply laterite in 15tonnes but be assured that they will deliver less...say 10 tonnes. so, divide the result in stage three by 10 tonnes to get the number of trips required to fill your foundation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:17am On Sep 04, 2015
The work had been slowed down due to excess rainfall....
three weeks into the job. here are some job updates so far

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2015
Completion of the block work. Three additional courses were added after the lintel level to have sufficient head room

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2015
For these building, we will be using precast concrete fascias :
1. size of precast facial : 450mm
2. Nominal reinforcement/hook of precast facial = 8mm high yield bar
3. mix ratio 1: 3
4. curing time: dry

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by abdulwastecx(m): 10:32am On Sep 04, 2015
more

Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by snakebeat: 11:53am On Sep 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Here is the simple way get my estimate;
1.Know the density of filling earth/laterite
2.get the volume of laterite required to filled the foundation after back filled has been done ( the excavated earth returned and compacted). This volume is the area of each room x the height of the foundation (internal dimension between the back filled earth and top of block wall)
3. convert the volume to weight through the density relationship, and divide the weight by 1000kg to covert to tonnes. The allow about 30-40% for shrinkage as the compacted earth form into position.
4. Trucks supply laterite in 15tonnes but be assured that they will deliver less...say 10 tonnes. so, divide the result in stage three by 10 tonnes to get the number of trips required to fill your foundation
Pls what is the density of laterite?
Thanks.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by PeoplesArmy: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2015
abdulwastecx:

@450mm....can you explain this?

Please show us the installation process. I have seen plenty of insitu fascia in this site but hardly pre cast.
Re: Construction Of Two Unit Semi Detached Two Bedroom Flat, Ogidi, Anambra State by keziah123: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2015
abdulwastecx:
hello sir, please what's the average cost per sqm for the precast fascia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hannah Otite Weeps As Tenant Converts Flats To Hotel (photo) / Jos Building Collapse: Before And After Photos / I Want To Quit The Apartment I Moved Into Just A Month Ago. Noise Is Killing Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.