Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,983 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

A Simple Question - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / A Simple Question (676 Views)

Let's Build A Simple Blog With Python(django) / How To Create A Simple Calculator (using Javascript ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Question by eatthatcode: 3:51am On Aug 19, 2015
Hello guys,
I wont say am an expert in programming, but I know my stand. With the rate at which the forum is growing, I think it's high time we we remake the forum android app, i think I can volunteer myself in that aspect, but am really dont know if it violates the foum TOS since it's not official
Re: A Simple Question by DonSegmond(m): 8:39am On Aug 19, 2015
eatthatcode:
Hello guys,
I wont say am an expert in programming, but I know my stand. With the rate at which the forum is growing, I think it's high time we we remake the forum android app, i think I can volunteer myself in that aspect, but am really dont know if it violates the foum TOS since it's not official
You can't "remake" the forum as a mobile app. I have no idea what forum software they are using, but to retain the forum. The first step will be to expose it as an API if it doesn't have one already. If it doesn't, that will be a sizeable undertaking. After you have this local API, expose it as a RESTAPI that can be consumed. Then build a mobile client. The amount of effort involved and the return on investment is not truly worth it. Why not just start and solve a new project?
Re: A Simple Question by eatthatcode: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2015
DonSegmond:

You can't "remake" the forum as a mobile app. I have no idea what forum software they are using, but to retain the forum. The first step will be to expose it as an API if it doesn't have one already. If it doesn't, that will be a sizeable undertaking. After you have this local API, expose it as a RESTAPI that can be consumed. Then build a mobile client. The amount of effort involved and the return on investment is not truly worth it. Why not just start and solve a new project?
That bullshit* , thet why I say I know my stand, I know nl will never release an api, but there is still a way to go about it, I just wanted to know if its permitted.

(1) (Reply)

UJ Technologies Nigeria Web Developer / Get The Best Of Data At Slashed Prices This Season / Verified USA And UK Adsense Available Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.