Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,375 members, 7,781,050 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:03 AM

I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce (1772 Views)

House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven / Delta Couple Announce Their Divorce On Facebook (Photos) / Effects Of Divorce On A Woman..Men Take Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by eherbal(m): 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2015
Anita Oyakhilome, estranged wife of Pastor Chris
Oyakhilome of Belivers' Love World Inc has finally spoken
on her divorce.
Anita, who now goes by her maiden name Ebhodaghe took
to her blog (www.pastoranita.org ) to discuss how her life
has been changing as of late making some serious
references to her marriage as she wrote.
She wrote; It is my desire to reach out and inspire you
especially if you feel vulnerable and in need of a change. I
hope to inspire you to believe in yourself no matter the
circumstances. I want to help you recreate your life going
forward, so you can live beautifully. I have been through
this journey of rediscovery and nothing is as beautiful as
realising one’s uniqueness as I have done. Life is a precious
however, your life can go through different seasons: winter,
spring, summer or autumn. Life can hit you with financial
loss, disappointments, death of a loved one, a broken
relationship, loss of a job, a divorce, being falsely accused or
being a victim of crime. These can shatter you to pieces but
you can do something about it.
Life is a gift from God and you deserve to be happy
irrespective of your age, race, gender, background or
financial situation. I urge you to appreciate the gift you are,
you are precious and valuable. Never lose sight of who you
are; begin to create new visions and dreams for your life.
Let nothing stop you from growing every day. My story is
not one of a bed of roses, far from it but I had a choice to
either beat myself over the regret of tolerating abuse for so
long or put a stop to the abuse and recreate my life for the
best. My journey was not in vain. I can now help others
realise that their situation does not define them.
In order to move on with life, I have come to realise that
nothing is permanent. Your problem is not permanent; you
can do something to change it by ensuring you do not allow
the situation or the person make your life miserable. Pain is
a fact of life, it is inevitable but suffering is optional. You
can do something to change the pain by over looking every
obstacle, take control as a force of nature to grow and
expand. Do what is necessary now to use the gift God has
given you to unleash your purpose.
My message to all is simple: you have value therefore
discover your potential. Do not allow anybody destroy you
or rob you of living a joyful life. Your life is not wasted; you
have just started a different phase of life. God will show you
how to use your testimony to help others and restore their
lives to exuberance. Please join me to encourage and inspire
others. You have a story to tell, you can contribute and
participate in the dialogues here. Let us all learn from one
another’s experience and reach others with the gift of love
and kindness. Share your experience by emailing me or
making a comment. Celebrate your uniqueness because
there is only one of you.
Source :
http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/i-tolerated-abuse-for-so-long-anita-oyakhilome-speaks-of-divorce.116141/

Your Take cool

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
nawa o
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by kilode100(f): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
Abuse my fat ass.

4 Likes

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by experimentist: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
dis hoe should shut the f u c k up and enjoy her loot
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Tallesty1(m): 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2015
kilode100:
Abuse my fat ass.
Fat kee

3 Likes

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by kelechi50: 1:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
Divorce is not the best option. I pray for God's divine intervention
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by kilode100(f): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2015
Tallesty1:
Fat kee

Tiny blockous

8 Likes

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Rukkydelta(f): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2015
Interesting
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Chidoks(f): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2015
Woman, your husband is not talking.emulate him and keep shut.every marriage has it's challenges.if your way out is divorce, go ahead and enjoy it but please stop being lousy about it.keep it to yourself.
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Ewuro4: 2:58pm On Aug 19, 2015
Why do I find this very bogus?

God dey.
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by cococandy(f): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2015
Chidoks:
Woman, your husband is not talking.emulate him and keep shut.every marriage has it's challenges.if your way out is divorce, go ahead and enjoy it but please stop being lousy about it.keep it to yourself.

Which husband is not talking?

Lol it's like you didn't read all his ranting and belittling her when they got divorced?

So far I think she's been more mature than him.

That's if she's even the author of this one.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Jorussia(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2015
cococandy:

Which husband is not talking?

Lol it's like you didn't read all his ranting and belittling her when they got divorced?

So far I think she's been more mature than him.

That's if she's even the author of this one.
Are they officially divorced?
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by cococandy(f): 3:09pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jorussia:
Are they officially divorced?

Aren't they?

They whipped up a lot of dust then. Or should I say he whipped up a lot of dust then. I figured the divorce must have become final since he's been silent for while.

Pls correct me if they haven't finalized it. Make I no go yarn rubbish elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Ewuro4: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2015
Please stop all this ITK, they aren't divorced.

Lordy lord have mercy on people's souls.
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Jorussia(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2015
cococandy:

Aren't they?

They whipped up a lot of dust then. Or should I say he whipped up a lot of dust then. I figured the divorce must have become final since he's been silent for while.

Pls correct me if they haven't finalized it. Make I no go yarn rubbish elsewhere.
I doubt if they are officially divorced, because, i have seen/read in the media where it was reported the divorced.
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by cococandy(f): 3:29pm On Aug 19, 2015
Jorussia:
I doubt if they are officially divorced, because, i have seen/read in the media where it was reported the divorced.
ok.

Thanks smiley
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by cococandy(f): 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2015

1 Like

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by blessedtwins: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2015
experimentist:

And must you b condescending.how can you call someone's mum those

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Pidggin(f): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2015
experimentist:

Who raised you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by eherbal(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2015
cc Lalasticlala
Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by Kayelyon: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2015
Chidoks:

how na ?
Her husband who belittled this woman publicly and in his church?
Many pple expected her to expose her grieviances but She held back.
This is the first time She's speaking publicly for over a year now.
And She's merely encouraging emotionally abused persons thru her blog using few tips from her life.
Whether or nt you agree, this woman has displayed maturity!

2 Likes

Re: I Tolerated Abuse For So Long - Anita Oyakhilome Speaks Of Divorce by SAMBARRY: 12:20pm On Oct 09, 2015
experimentist:
stop disgracing your parents. I know your parents taught you better than that. You don't call a woman old enough to be your mom a"hoe"

Show some manners and represent them positively. Don't make it look like your mom didn't give you basic home training

and as per the "loot" thing.where you there when she stole the money?

Grow up

(1) (Reply)

If You're To Be The Son Of This Woman What Will You Do? / COVID-19: I Pity Poor Men With Many Children / Wedding: Would You Still Spend As Much As You Did If Given Another Chance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.