Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 AM

Story- The Year It Came Down! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story- The Year It Came Down! (1539 Views)

MARY II. A Supernatural Story. The Best There Is... / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 10 / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Story- The Year It Came Down! by Funmiscript(f): 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
Hey guys! Just felt like penning something, and this is what I came up with. It might not be near perfect, but would really love to hear opinion. pardon any spelling errors you may encounter.

Below is the story. Please Read.

The year it came down!

What a year it was, a year of abject defeat. We should have known when the sun decided to take a vacation and the moon refused to wane. Signs are always there, it’s only seen a little too late and then wistful thinking elopes the mind space… It started like another ordinary day, the wind mildly blowing messages across the hemisphere to the ‘cared to know’, the morning crowers didn’t retire either, their audibility shivers the most high. The crawlers were prompt to give life to the impact left behind. It was all so perfect until the wall clock in master’s room demanded a change of power, it has complained all week long about a weakling battery. The young lad responsible for changing it had intentionally delayed it to save cost of the master’s pocket, he was rather too affectionate to what he barely had an idea.

Staring at the wall, the master relaxes his mind. He probably had a troubled mind earlier, quietly he closed his eye and peace took over his entire being. Magically the day turned extremely bright, the master beckoned for his meal he was ready to start his day, it was going to be a good day he smiled broadly to himself as he made for the dining room in his well-tailored imported suit. He sat proudly on the dining table, “Oga is fine when he smiles’ Ekaite the cook whisper’s silently. Eating was one of master’s hobby, he ate when he was happy and when he was extremely sad, that's why he is so big any other word for big would have been offensive for his status. He gave instructions on what needs to be done after he was done with the meal and headed for the garage where his fleet of fancy cars awaits that gloriously day he will do them the pleasure of cruising them to the admiration or envy of others. Suddenly, he stopped something caught his attention… our minds raced in fear, we wondered off thinking of what we could have possibly done wrong. His facial countenance changed in split seconds, his wrinkles visible now, we heard a faintly voice. It was that of master, tears stream down his eye he seemed defeated. Everything changed from then on...

Should I continue? Please let me know your thoughts?

Re: Story- The Year It Came Down! by EfemenaXY: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2015
A bit cryptic, but I like it.

Continue please. smiley
Re: Story- The Year It Came Down! by Olasco93: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2015
OP continue we are following you with AK47 so don't be afraid...

(1) (Reply)

Introducing Nairaland 10 Days Book Challenge / Safari's Short Stories And One Shots / I'm Tired,i Need Good SEO Writers With Crispy Writing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.