Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Igbos Respect Yourselves. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Respect Yourselves. (11671 Views)

Jimoh Ibrahim Replies Nigerians Bashing Him "You people don't have any respect" / Buhari Won’t Respect His 'Noise Makers' Cabinet - PDP / 'Igbos, Respect Our Oba Or We Kick You Out Of Lagos'- Yoruba's Protest (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by mekaboy(m): 9:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

How dare you say the idio,t OP is an Igbo person.
Truth, no igbos person - original Nwa afor will say the kind of useless rants the mumu OP just vomited.

How are the igbos the prpblem? We said we don't want Nigeria and we want to go on our own, because we are blessed by God to be highly productive. Since Nigeria is playing a game of cards with the Igbos independence they should be ready to accept the consequences.

OP can go and ......

You and who are we? are u speaking on behalf of igbos?
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by vicadex07(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

Also you are not making sense. Using your warped logic, the Hausa/Fulani that has more population than you should fall in line and behave like you. You now expect the same level of privileges like the Hausa/Fulanis?

I feel sorry for the Minorities that decides to join your Biafra.

Wow...this reply is apt

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Sweetlemon(f): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

My brother my tribe the Itsekiris are far mor shortchanged than the Igbos. We produce close to 20% of this country's oil resources but there is nothing to show for it. No political appointments, no infrastructural developments, no increased allocation to our communities. All we get from Nigeria is pollution and neglect. My village controls 13 oil wells, yet we do not have pipe drinking water, no schools (not even primary school), no access road. What should we do? Vent our hatred on the Yorubas andHausas (and probably Igbos)? No. we will bid our time and weight our options for the good of all Itsekiris.

Mend struggle was a selfish struggle, it only enriched militants. It did not address any of the underlying problems of the NigerDelta - like Pollution, poverty and exploitation.

Boko Haram is a political tool ( by northern political elites) gone awry.

Thank you!
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by mekaboy(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

Your thread would have been a hit with me but what I've noticed with Igbos who tend to follow the path of sanity is that they think everything is black and white. While I often get irritated by the constant bickering on Nairaland especially by my Igbo folks, I often cut them a slack cos I know where they are coming from. I understand the anger. Now, the advise is not misplaced except for the fact that you feel the need to run down the Biafran movement without realizing that it is the right of any individual or group to seek self determination. It's not a crime. It was and is still being done in Scotland and Catalonia. Just like you, I'm not a fan of Biafra as I believe that Igbos can become their very best in Nigeria. Not because I think Biafra is not workable or will become like South Sudan but because it is my choice. Other people know the reason they clamour for Biafra day in day out. The only way is for to make them see reason as opposed to running them down and everything they believe in just so that their antagonist will praise you and say things "Its because of Igbos like you that I want Buhari to give the South East the same opportunities as the SS".

Who is talking about praise and their antagonists. This is my to igbos i dont see or care about that other ethnic groups say or think.

I gave an illustration of someone taking a bath and a mad man runs away with it. Igbos should more interested with their internal problem than what others say about them.

Does it mean anytime any other tribe triggers them online they start ranting?

Its unfortunate their mentor nnamdi kalu is filled with hatred and uses offensive words, so do they.

So they will never see reason.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by DFemaleBoss(f): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Tkester:

How dare you say the idio,t OP is an Igbo person.
Truth, no igbos person - original Nwa afor will say the kind of useless rants the mumu OP just vomited.

How are the igbos the prpblem? We said we don't want Nigeria and we want to go on our own, because we are blessed by God to be highly productive. Since Nigeria is playing a game of cards with the Igbos independence they should be ready to accept the consequences.

OP can go and ......

Don't forget that Rochas Okoroawusa has Igbo supporters, so does the rest of them saboteurs so the efulefu Op could be one of them.

Again like i said b4, he could also be one of those "my papa tell me say, i be Igbo"
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Jesusloveyou: 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

Also you are not making sense. Using your warped logic, the Hausa/Fulani that has more population than you should fall in line and behave like you. You now expect the same level of privileges like the Hausa/Fulanis?

they are looking for a way to grow wings by claiming more territory and more minorities.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by DFemaleBoss(f): 10:20am On Aug 20, 2015
mekaboy:

Ginwa bu ebule.

Ifele onwe gi megbukwa gi!
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Afam4eva(m): 10:23am On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

Here lies the problem. First you say Hausa/Fulani has more population than Igbos even though there is no census that supports that and you also think Igbos don't deserve the same privileges as them and you wonder why some folks keep shouting Biafra all over the place.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by vayne(m): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2015
superstar1:

My point is the lack of foresight of Igbos has always been their bane.

Simple.
Advice noted.
Proudly 5%
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 20, 2015
Sweetlemon:

That right there is the koko.
Most of us against biafra are not really angry because of the biafra itself. We are just angry because of the way you guys are going about it. You don't ask for a country just because your candidate lost elections. Hell no! You need to have more concrete reasons for heaven's sake! That's the first step. The 2nd step is debating intelligently among yourselves whether the majority of you want it or not. Then ask SS or even NC people who may want to join you guys to come forward. If you are lucky enough to get majority votes from a tribe, then you can as well have their land. The next step is diplomatically asking for a referendum. Push for it non-violently until you get it.

The next step is breaking away and being recognized as a country you can be comfortable with!

But what you guys are doing is what led to the first biafra war, inciting violence and forcing SS to join you. Hell no! Sorry, it's a mission impossible this time around because most of us have wised up. We won't just allow you force us into any unholy gaddem war no more. Our kids will no longer be forced to fight nothing. Start getting used to that NOW.

You made absolute sense. So on point!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 20, 2015
superstar1:

When Awolowo advocated for the insertion of secession clause in the constitution, who was against it vehemently? Zik.

When Adaka Boro wanted to create the Republic of Niger Delta, who quashed it? Aguiyi Ironsi

Having foresight is a luxury in the lexicon of some people.

Dont mind all this Igbo bigot. All they want is power.

When Igbo man is on top, One Nigeria is good...
Once Igbo man is not on top... Biafra Biafra Biafra.

Igbo Born to Rule, Control and Dominate mentality is thier greatest problem.
Unluckily for them, in Nigeria the Hausa and Yoruba have the upper hand, hence the need for Biafra where they can rule, dominate and control south south minority and resources. It will never Happen.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

Afam you are one of the highy exposed and educated Igbos on the forum, so it would be a tragedy if you allow a semi illiterate like Kanu to influence your thoughts without asking questions.

We from the actual Niger Delta are often bewildered when we are dragged into Biafran struggles of the igbos. We honestly do not understand what it is all about. No Niger deltan would want to substitute Nigeria for Biafra.
Even the Ijaws that lost the presidency would not join your Biafra. Most prominent Ijaws have joined APC, including Jonathan's hench men.

Please you people need to educate us on Biafran ideology outside hatred for Yoruba and Hausa, the struggle for the presidency and political appointments and more allocations from the national cake.

Bross thank you. I have created some thread on this issue.
https://www.nairaland.com/2535287/niger-delta-struggle-dream-country

Most south south don't want to Join Biafra. my elder sister is married to Tompolo cousin, Ijaw from delta state. I was speaking with him on this issue , he told me point blank, Ijaw will never join biafra.

I know that there are some few Ijaw and other south south people who are ok with Biafra, But what i am saying is that Majority dont want Biafra.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2015
carnegiefan:

To be honest, you just don't make sense. So because you Itsekiri (a group probably less than Ngwa clan in population) are totally powerless about your pathetic situation as you painted here, we Igbo that are about 20 times your size should fall in line and behave like you?
You people have truly lost your damn minds! cheesy

Well, I'm only concerned about some brainless Igbo here talking nonsense.

THANK GOD FOR RADIO BIAFRA.
THANK GOD FOR NNAMDI KANU. cool

This is one of the most stupid comment i have seen on Nairaland. So the reason you are shouting Biafra is so that you will be d Hausa/Fulani equivalent in your dream Biafra where the other south south tribes will be marginalized. That can only happen in your dream. please wake up. Your dream Biafra can only end up like Somalia or south sudan!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by wirinet(m): 1:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Afam4eva:

Here lies the problem. First you say Hausa/Fulani has more population than Igbos even though there is no census that supports that and you also think Igbos don't deserve the same privileges as them and you wonder why some folks keep shouting Biafra all over the place.

I was only responding to this silly post by your Igbo brother ;
carnegiefan:

To be honest, you just don't make sense. So because you Itsekiri (a group probably less than Ngwa clan in population) are totally powerless about your pathetic situation as you painted here, we Igbo that are about 20 times your size should fall in line and behave like you?
You people have truly lost your damn minds! cheesy
Well, I'm only concerned about some brainless Igbo here talking nonsense.
THANK GOD FOR RADIO BIAFRA.
THANK GOD FOR NNAMDI KANU. cool

Who insinuated that because my people are less than Ngwa clan, we should fall in line and expect to be dominated and exploited by the Igbos.

Officially, the Hausa/Fulanis are more populous than the Igbos, so using your brother's warped logic, the igbos should accept domination by the Hausa/Fulanis.

He is invariable advocating for domination and exploitation of minorities within Nigeria, and in his proposed Biafra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by SonOfEl(m): 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

pls stop mentioning SS as if there are no indigenous IGBOS there. when you talk about IGBOS, stop limiting us to the SE alone. simple. is that too hard for you '' SS advocates" to understand?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by fr3do(m): 2:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
mekaboy:

If they are above tribal politics why didnt they divide their votes?

Because of Buhari's utterances - monkey and baboon, 97%, sharia e.t.c
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by carnegiefan: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

I was only responding to this silly post by your Igbo brother ;

Who insinuated that because my people are less than Ngwa clan, we should fall in line and expect to be dominated and exploited by the Igbos.

Officially, the Hausa/Fulanis are more populous than the Igbos, so using your brother's warped logic, the igbos should accept domination by the Hausa/Fulanis.

He is invariable advocating for domination and exploitation of minorities within Nigeria, and in his proposed Biafra.

Remind me again which "official" census that show that Hausa/Fulani are more than Igbo?
The census conducted under Obasanjo, remind me of which ethnic group that canvassed STRONGLY for the inclusion of ethnicity in the biometric forms; Answer: IGBO.
If that information was includded, your Itsekiri might even show up in the map of things and get their fair share, but it was not added, and you are here talking nonsense.
Which group fought doggedly against that information? Answer: Hausa/Fulani.
Till next census, they will keep fighting against it. Why?
As for the last bold words, the current agitators for Biafra, namely IPOB, has since moved past your usual garbage Nigerian divide/rule/share suffering-with-me- wedge. We are moving ahead! cool
Anyone who loves Nigeria can stay back and keep killing themselves for the next 1000 years. We are fed up with the madness.
Our children deserve better.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by carnegiefan: 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
SonOfEl:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN.

pls stop mentioning SS as if there are no indigenous IGBOS there. when you talk about IGBOS, stop limiting us to the SE alone. simple. is that too hard for you '' SS advocates" to understand?

Don't mind them.
My happiness is that historically, the Igbo in SS have been the most dogged Biafran fighters. Nearly all the strategic commanders of the Biafran army were from Anioma.
In IPOB, these people along with non-Igbo in former eastern region, particularly Akwa Ibom and Cross river axis are the most committed to the struggle.
The director of radio Biafra Nnamdi Kanu constantly rebuke useless Igbo like the OP.
He calls them "umu awusa" sired by invaders.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by chidiokoye444: 6:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
after1:
The funniest thing is if Hoebi of Hoenitsha open this kinda thread, they will call him Yoruba just to insult the Yorubas. Lolzzz. Yiiboes are just mad people
the same way yorubas called agbaje an igbo man for telling them the tru state of lagos.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by PentiumPro(f): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
chidiokoye444:
the same way yorubas called agbaje an igbo man for telling them the tru state of lagos.
Show me a link Yorubas called Agbaje an Ibo man. He was only referred to correctly as the Igbos candidate, a fact that he never denied.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by after1: 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
chidiokoye444:

Gala hawker, Whats the true state of Lagos? When did they call him yeebhoe man?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by superstar1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
chidiokoye444:

Show us where Yorubas said Agbaje is Igbo. Saying he is the Igbo candidate is a different from calling him Igbo.

Can you remember all the gutter things your stup1d elders said about yorubas during Anambra's election? That is why I love and support the Oba of Lagos to that your shameless rants of Anambra's election.

Guess what, yorubas did not rush to ICC, they waited for the right moment to hit you back and alas, you were all scampering to ICC. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Duru1(m): 7:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sweetlemon:

That right there is the koko.
Most of us against biafra are not really angry because of the biafra itself. We are just angry because of the way you guys are going about it. You don't ask for a country just because your candidate lost elections. Hell no! You need to have more concrete reasons for heaven's sake! That's the first step. The 2nd step is debating intelligently among yourselves whether the majority of you want it or not. Then ask SS or even NC people who may want to join you guys to come forward. If you are lucky enough to get majority votes from a tribe, then you can as well have their land. The next step is diplomatically asking for a referendum. Push for it non-violently until you get it.

The next step is breaking away and being recognized as a country you can be comfortable with!

But what you guys are doing is what led to the first biafra war, inciting violence and forcing SS to join you. Hell no! Sorry, it's a mission impossible this time around because most of us have wised up. We won't just allow you force us into any unholy gaddem war no more. Our kids will no longer be forced to fight nothing. Start getting used to that NOW.

The above post buttresses the fact that the best way to hide ignorance is to remain silence. This jackass showed he or she is true Nigerian mostly with the knack for foolishness spurred by considerable amount of intellectual emptiness. All the junks the dumbass highlighted in the above piece of crap have no iota of semblance with the theories that either guide or support secession. One wonders why certain foolish Nigerian tends to be loud and visible in delusion.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by PentiumPro(f): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Duru1:

The above post buttresses the fact that the best way to hide ignorance is to remain silence. This jackass showed he or she is true Nigerian mostly with the knack for foolishness spurred by considerable amount of intellectual emptiness. All the junks the dumbass highlighted in the above piece crap have no iota of semblance with theories that either guide or support secession. One wonders why certain foolish Nigerian tends to be loud and visible in delusion.
Your stupidity shines through, regardless of your verbose.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Duru1(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
PentiumPro:

Your stupidity shines through, regardless of your verbose.

You could be right. At least, you have an opinion. In fact, the post I responded before your foolery is a waste of bandwidth.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by PentiumPro(f): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
Duru1:

You could be right. At least, you have an opinion. In fact, the post I responded before your foolery is a waste of bandwidth.
Asshole, you are still here ranting like a possessed monkey

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Tkester: 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
wirinet:

Typical Kanu indoctrinated juvenile illiterate, shallow intellectual acumen masked by foul and gutter language.

Thunder fire that your smelly mouth. Cone head like you with warped mind, sees no reason in being an ignorant fool and scorn whoever tells you the truth.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Mckennedy: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
mekaboy:

Who is talking about praise and their antagonists. This is my to igbos i dont see or care about that other ethnic groups say or think.

I gave an illustration of someone taking a bath and a mad man runs away with it. Igbos should more interested with their internal problem than what others say about them.

Does it mean anytime any other tribe triggers them online they start ranting?

Its unfortunate their mentor nnamdi kalu is filled with hatred and uses offensive words, so do they.

So they will never see reason.

trash.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by Mckennedy: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
atbu1983:

Dont mind all this Igbo bigot. All they want is power.

When Igbo man is on top, One Nigeria is good...
Once Igbo man is not on top... Biafra Biafra Biafra.

Igbo Born to Rule, Control and Dominate mentality is thier greatest problem.
Unluckily for them, in Nigeria the Hausa and Yoruba have the upper hand, hence the need for Biafra where they can rule, dominate and control south south minority and resources. It will never Happen.

keep consoling yourself..before Nigeria there was Biafra...do your research.
Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by coolitempa(f): 6:43am On Aug 21, 2015
Mckennedy:

keep consoling yourself..before Nigeria there was Biafra...do your research.

Is that so........

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by mekaboy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
DFemaleBoss:

I know ur type. ur sinking with hatred already.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Respect Yourselves. by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On Aug 21, 2015
DFemaleBoss:

I know ur type. ur sinking with hatred already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi & Datti Arrive Jigawa State For LP Presidential Campaign Rally (Pics) / Oyo Hasnt Borrowed Money In 2 Years – Ajimobi / What Does Sai Buhari Means?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.