Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) (878 Views)

HTML And CSS Basics / Black friday turns green! Unlimited Internet Marketing&Graphical Tools In 1 Pack / 16 Facts You Don't Know About Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) by IamGodzilla: 2:28pm On Aug 19, 2015
For those that have little or no idea on what you should know after knowing the basics of programming, the pictures below depicts a guide in which you could follow to start building web apps.
https://medium.com/@jihdeh/so-you-know-html-and-css-what-else-afea852688dc
http://nowwehere.io

Re: You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) by xxiv(m): 1:58am On Aug 30, 2015
Thanks for the post IamGodzilla. It is really helpful indeed. I've been hearing a lot of fuss about Ruby on Rails, a senior friend who works in the IT industry told me that it will be the dominant server-side language of so I was a bit surprised that it didn't even make the list undecided . Do you think Ruby on Rails deserves a spot on the list? I'm kinda knew to web development and I don't have all the time in the world so I don't want to waste my time learning something that will so be deprecated if you know mean.

What do you advised and focus on learning in the backend department?

And also I visited you app nowehere.io It is really cool. I think it's all about mentorship in development and I'm excited about the idea, and while obviously fully functional and aesthetically appeal, I think it is still rather basic. Do you have plans on working on expanding its functionalities?

In another news, I'm looking for mentorship as I have a lot of questions and would appreciate relevant guidance in this big, exciting coding world, can you please be my mentor?
Re: You Know Html And Css, But Don't Know What Else? (A Graphical Guide) by IamGodzilla: 9:47am On Aug 30, 2015
xxiv:
Thanks for the post IamGodzilla. It is really helpful indeed. I've been hearing a lot of fuss about Ruby on Rails, a senior friend who works in the IT industry told me that it will be the dominant server-side language of so I was a bit surprised that it didn't even make the list undecided . Do you think Ruby on Rails deserves a spot on the list? I'm kinda knew to web development and I don't have all the time in the world so I don't want to waste my time learning something that will so be deprecated if you know mean.

What do you advised and focus on learning in the backend department?

And also I visited you app nowehere.io It is really cool. I think it's all about mentorship in development and I'm excited about the idea, and while obviously fully functional and aesthetically appeal, I think it is still rather basic. Do you have plans on working on expanding its functionalities?

In another news, I'm looking for mentorship as I have a lot of questions and would appreciate relevant guidance in this big, exciting coding world, can you please be my mentor?

Hello xxiv, thank you for your feedback, omitting Ruby on Rails on the list isn't intentional, I would have added it if I thought about it, the moment I was making that post, However every developer using a particular language would say their language would dominate in the future(and we're in the future). You can learn that as well, and eventually learn something else as a backup. Whatever you do, make sure you're good at one before you jump to the other. I would advise you at least have an insight on both frontend and backend then you can later specialize on backend.

And nowwehere.io, yes, updates are being made, and a new release would be out soon. send me a mail jide.b.tade@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Please Can AnyOne Tell Me The Name Of The Template Vanguard use on Their Site / A Totally Real Conversation Between Elon Musk And Mark Zuckerberg About A Rocket / Get Upto 10k Traffic To Your Website Via Growtraffic.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.