Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,744 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:35 PM

How Do I Get Paid For Online Goods And Services In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get Paid For Online Goods And Services In Nigeria? (1192 Views)

The Typical Nigerian Attitude To Foreign Goods And The Dollar Slide. / Business To Business Section: Lots of contracts, goods and services specifically for other businesses / What's The Best Way To Market Goods And Services In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Get Paid For Online Goods And Services In Nigeria? by Barrionzo(m): 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2006
Hi everyone!

I've learnt a lot reading posts on various topics here. I never would have believed 9jarianz would go out of their way to help, Keep it up.

I have a problem of my own:

I'm working on setting up an online store, but I don't know what 'payment scheme' (at least you'd get the idea if my terminology is off) to use. My idea's good, I'm sure I'm going to sell, so that's no the problem. I'm in Nigeria 4 now, and as wel all know, business can't depend on credit cards here yet. Meanwhile I tried Paypal but Nigeria isn't listed. I'm planning to discuss with a bank, but I feel there's no harm in popping the question here.

Also, can anyone advise me about web hosts on the internet? I just looked up Powweb and Site_Build_It.

Hope to hear from you soon, and thanks in advance.
Re: How Do I Get Paid For Online Goods And Services In Nigeria? by Tmoni(m): 10:52pm On Sep 30, 2006
try and talk to interswitch or card tchnologies, they shoud sort you out or give you the best way around it
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BUSINESS.
Re: How Do I Get Paid For Online Goods And Services In Nigeria? by kazey(m): 4:02am On Oct 01, 2006
Well you can get paid by accepting credit cards through second party merchant accounts.

Paypal.
It is possible to get an account with them, even if you are located in Nigeria, but that would mean you need a friend overseas to help you with his utilities billing of the address you choose to use. It is free to get an account but there are charges if you upgrade your account to their premium level, about 1-2.5% per transaction or even more depending on the country and currency exchanged involved.

2Checkout
2checkout do accept Nigerians as merchants, but you would need to fax them a few documents such as certificate of incorporation besides the 45USD entry fee. They also do have what is called a release level of your funds, whereby for foreign merchants, you would have to accumulate about 300USD to be able to request for a wire transfer of your funds to your respective bank account.

Interswitch
Interswitch is a Nigerian based merchant services that allows interswitch card users to pay you for your services. It cost 1000USD to enrol and u face a bout 1% charges on transaction, and also some little charges here and there for withdrawal, statement etc.

I am just curious what would you like to sell or offer that you would need to enrol to this merchant accounts?

(1) (Reply)

Online Services That Will Work In Nigeria / Take 'calculated Risks' And Don’t Just Be A 'risk Taker' / Make Earnings Om The Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.