Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,899 members, 7,806,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:21 PM

Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens (31156 Views)

How Nlc’s Picketing Of MTN Violated Global ILO Rule / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc / MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by babestella: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2015
Statistics have always shown that Indians are never good managers of human resource. They are to be avoided.

Personally, when I do business with an Indian, I'd make sure I'm in control of financial flow with properly notarized documents so that when they try to mess up, I sue the hell out of them. Indians are crooks & we are not handling them well with our laws. Don't ever trust one.

2 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by ryd3(m): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2015
Finally.... They hav3 put this on front page. This injustice is too much. We wld take this to twitter and show the world who indians r doing in our own land

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by missKiffy(f): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2015
abumeinben:

Kindly answer this question for your self after you graduate.
Abi, some people don't know what job seekers and workers are going tru

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by hola106(m): 9:44am On Aug 20, 2015
alexlee50:
I said it and I am not surprised, u are ill mannered and still live under the roof of your parents, so you won't learn. I pray u learn though.
just imagine who s talking if u re nt jobless wil u be on NL looking for wat s nt
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by nochildsplay(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2015
As a matter of fact INDIANs are crazy animals , they are dirty, Koni and they even use jazz ......... Imagine I saw their male tieing rapper on shirt to the mall in dubai..... Even in Dubai they enslaves other Nations working for them

You people don't seems to understand that they involved us in their slavery enforcement cos they see how hardworking and strong we are (Nigerians).

And some goat won't stop calling them "Oyinbo". If I hear , they eat with their fucking hands and as poor as a church rat in their country

INDIANS must GO!!! We are not slaves

As a matter of fact I don't like indians , their culture and even their women (yes they are attractive but they have the real devils in them)

They must GO.

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by alexlee50: 9:49am On Aug 20, 2015
hola106:
just imagine who s talking if u re nt jobless wil u be on NL looking for wat s nt
Hahahahaha, it shows you have limited knowledge. This is apart from pride and arrogance. I pray u don't learn the hard way
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by hola106(m): 9:50am On Aug 20, 2015
alexlee50:
Hahahahaha, it shows you have limited knowledge. This is apart from pride and arrogance. I pray u don't learn the hard way
wil will also learn harder way dnt hv time for people lik u
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nosmog(m): 9:51am On Aug 20, 2015
Our govt ain't helping issues in this country. Sm1 rightly told of a multinational company that bribes nlc in order to stop them from checking their activities, especially the ones that have to with workers welfare. Corruption is stil the order of the day
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by missKiffy(f): 9:52am On Aug 20, 2015
pasword:
why ur monika indicates" m"and u are telling us u have 2weeks old baby,u be transgender? grin
I wonder
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by samuelson06(m): 10:07am On Aug 20, 2015
Shehucom:
Sebi MTN still pays close to 75k, the airtel BPO Tech mahindra pays 40k and you're expected to pick not less than 200 calls in 9 hours and asking you to meet an unrealistic AHT of 117 Secs.. This Indians has enslaved us, yet you can't complain or you'll be sacked. It's crazy, all this are happening due to job scarcity in the nation.. I had to resign from the company due to the unbearable nature of the job

What is AHT please?
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by digitsolution: 10:11am On Aug 20, 2015
This is terrible. I wonder so we really have NLC(Nigeria Labour Congress) in this country.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2015
our mumu NLC is just an inept appendage to the Nigerian government..sometimes i wonder if we do have labor laws to protect the working citizens of Nigeria..
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 400billionman: 10:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Working for someone, building another man's dream.

No matter how difficult doing business in Nigeria is, businessmen still own the biggest investment in real estate.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 10:18am On Aug 20, 2015
moradeyoo:
National Human Rights Commission

i tink they have started working

[b][size=13pt]NHRC Help lines

0807 709 1123
0807 709 1124
0807 709 1126
0807 569 7449[/b
][/size]

This just might come in handy, hope its active tho

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Lugard12: 10:19am On Aug 20, 2015
Honestly dis is one of d reasons I can't work in a company dat's been run by an Idian person. I pray and know dat soon Nigeria will be great. Baba is Working Nigeria is Moving
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by chikaodili09(f): 10:21am On Aug 20, 2015
Are u okay? Dis is obviously a statement coming from a confirmed illiterate....! Sorry 4 u!
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 20, 2015
The only good indian i know,is indian hemp grin
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by 2baga(m): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2015
MadCow1:

So you brought it to Nairaland because? angry

I swear alot of Nigerian workers deserve the shiit they get. Can you imagine you having a case like this and you guys would sit down whining in your cubicles rather than finding a good lawyer to go in and discuss with your employer and/or take them before the Court of Industry.

Nigeria has Labour laws. Nobody can mess with the contents of Labour laws.

If you can, kindly drop the contact of a reliable lawyer and spell out how to go about harnessing the cover of the Court of industry...waiting..
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by MadCow1: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2015
2baga:

If you can, kindly drop the contact of a reliable lawyer and spell out how to go about harnessing the cover of the Court of industry...waiting..

Do I look like your Father?

Are you people giving me a cut of your salary?

I have so many darn good lawyers around that I could recommend to you but I wouldn't because you can't be spoon fed all the time. Why should I waste their time on unserious individuals? angry

Na una dey feel the pain, come together pull your monies together, agree on a line of action, go find a lawyer from the countless big chambers all over the fhucking place.. If you don't know where to start, take 200 Naira BRT bus from Mayfair to Law school at Ozumba Mbadiwe and make enquiries.

I am quite pissed off because I feel like you guys like to just talk about stuff and do nothing about it or wait for someone to come and be the Jesus to of your work and carry all the matter on his head.

It's your problem, deal with it..

3 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bareal(m): 10:38am On Aug 20, 2015
XrisLee:
Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

''Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop...''

''I work as a customer care representative for Mtn Nigeria which was contracted for Communication Network Support Services Limited (CNSSL at Mayfair Garden Ibeju Lekki) we have always been told from the onset that we are not full staff of MTN Nigeria which we acknowledged but MTN has terminated the Contract CNSSL partly and now contracted it to a South African Indian company called ISON BPO. We've been maltreated badly.

The termination took effect on July 31st, we were re-issued another 3months contract letter from same CNSSL. before the termination of appointment, MTN who is the principal partner already sent a mail to all of us that our Unspent Leave days will be monetised. Gbenga Adebayo who is the CEO of CNSSL, paid nobody nothing and we have been working for 3years and (we have been confirmed as a full staff with letters), took up all our Unspent Leave days and cancelled them all. from August 1st to Oct 31st which the new contract states, we will not be going on Leave.
Those of us on Maternity Leave were asked to resume, even if u had the baby a day before or face been sacked I have a two weeks old baby and am working to support my family, so I can afford being sacked. But the stress is killing I leave home 4:20 everyday and get home close to midnight, except on night shift I can't even continue breastfeeding my baby, Our HMO has been cancelled. We were left with nothing after which he's sub contracting from ISON BPO for the period of 3 months (1st of August to 31st of October) We would be paid just our normal salary which is 75,367.05 Our work time has been unjustly increased from 5hours 20mins to 9hrs with one hour break which is unfair to us. This increase is only applicable to those in Mayfair Gardens, Ibeju Lekki, meanwhile most of us stay on the mainland, All other call centres (Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC), still run the normal shifts as usual. MTN has abandoned us and now we work like slaves. We can't talk because if we do we would be sacked, alot of people have been sacked unjustly. We're expected to pick calls and speak with 194 customers for the 9hrs. And for the night shift speak with 228 customers in 12hrs.

This is injustice.

While the stress is killing alot of us, we cant enjoy the free medical care because of the cancelled HMO. This is slavery I hope we would be saved from CNSSL/ISON BPO before its too late. This silence is long overdue and that is why I am sending this mail, Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop.

The MTN staff in south Africa recently protested for salary increment. We are not asking them for too much, all we ask for is our normal shift hours and for them to put an end to this madness''.

Our problems is never the expatriates, but ourselves. your Nigerian brother Gbenga Adebayo is one of Ur principal enemies. Black people with black mind.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Originalsly: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2015
@OP..... if you didn't have a young baby.....we wouldn't be reading about this. Soon they would reduce the salary to N40k.....and you would still be working there because you have a family to feed and there are no jobs. This kind mental slavery is the reason why the Indians or Chinese or whoever can come and disrespect and enslave you in your own land....the reason why you and your fellow workers can't unite, make demands, protest and carry out a work stoppage. Keep waiting for them to have a heart and feel sorry for you guys.....is up to you the workers first and citizens to force them to respect you...or pack up and leave.....and leave they wouldn't because Nigeria is a cash cow.

1 Like

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by nosiebaba(m): 10:49am On Aug 20, 2015
XrisLee:
Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens

''Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop...''

''I work as a customer care representative for Mtn Nigeria which was contracted for Communication Network Support Services Limited (CNSSL at Mayfair Garden Ibeju Lekki) we have always been told from the onset that we are not full staff of MTN Nigeria which we acknowledged but MTN has terminated the Contract CNSSL partly and now contracted it to a South African Indian company called ISON BPO. We've been maltreated badly.

The termination took effect on July 31st, we were re-issued another 3months contract letter from same CNSSL. before the termination of appointment, MTN who is the principal partner already sent a mail to all of us that our Unspent Leave days will be monetised. Gbenga Adebayo who is the CEO of CNSSL, paid nobody nothing and we have been working for 3years and (we have been confirmed as a full staff with letters), took up all our Unspent Leave days and cancelled them all. from August 1st to Oct 31st which the new contract states, we will not be going on Leave.
Those of us on Maternity Leave were asked to resume, even if u had the baby a day before or face been sacked I have a two weeks old baby and am working to support my family, so I can afford being sacked. But the stress is killing I leave home 4:20 everyday and get home close to midnight, except on night shift I can't even continue breastfeeding my baby, Our HMO has been cancelled. We were left with nothing after which he's sub contracting from ISON BPO for the period of 3 months (1st of August to 31st of October) We would be paid just our normal salary which is 75,367.05 Our work time has been unjustly increased from 5hours 20mins to 9hrs with one hour break which is unfair to us. This increase is only applicable to those in Mayfair Gardens, Ibeju Lekki, meanwhile most of us stay on the mainland, All other call centres (Apapa, Ikoyi, VGC), still run the normal shifts as usual. MTN has abandoned us and now we work like slaves. We can't talk because if we do we would be sacked, alot of people have been sacked unjustly. We're expected to pick calls and speak with 194 customers for the 9hrs. And for the night shift speak with 228 customers in 12hrs.

This is injustice.

While the stress is killing alot of us, we cant enjoy the free medical care because of the cancelled HMO. This is slavery I hope we would be saved from CNSSL/ISON BPO before its too late. This silence is long overdue and that is why I am sending this mail, Indians are here on Nigerian soil, slaving us and using our money to en-rich their lives. This must stop.

The MTN staff in south Africa recently protested for salary increment. We are not asking them for too much, all we ask for is our normal shift hours and for them to put an end to this madness''.

We share your plight but this is not only about mtn call center agents this as about contract staffing generally, MODERN DAY SLAVERY in Nigeria, an Indian or lebanese that doesn't knw any better will be employed as an expatriate earning jumbo pay and unreasonably huge allowances. We have a voice and it's sad to know that blogs that we have given the power to make our voice reach a louder audience would rather post about useless rumors of how a girl that died is a runs girl when Kylie jenner wears a swimsuit or if Kim kardashan if going to divorce kanye west such useless things that cannot add value to our lives just to have traffic on their blogs, please nl and other blogs we need to let Nigerians know that after being subjected to a lifetime of schooling home and abroad we are subjected to this inhumane issue of contract staffing like we don't deserve anything good in our lives, if we do this, the message will go viral and get to the appropriate authorities.
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by fabella(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2015
These Asians are nasty, Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis. and even some Arabs particularly Lebanese. They are practically out to exploit. I remember d airtel issue then, the call centre guys had to agree on a strike and also got the services of the late Bamidele Aturu ( God Bless his soul) before the Indians soft pedalled. I strongly suggest you get some activist lawyers to help out. It appears its only Glo that is fair among these telecoms companies.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by cooldiva(f): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2015
samuelson06:

What is AHT please?

Simply means Average Handling time of a particular call. Time u should spend on a call!
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bamac(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2015
missKiffy:

That's true, if she can send a mail to Linda ikeji and fortunately for her Linda bolgs about it, other blogs will carry the story cos dey do copy stories from her. Hopefully it will get to the right channel
you are wrong not all Nigerian bloggers copy and paste.
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by izikjon(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2015
Employ the power of social media..... Hashtag on Twitter, nairaland, blogs, newspaper houses etc, it will sure work
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by izikjon(m): 10:57am On Aug 20, 2015
I strongly suggest you get some activist lawyers to help out. It appears its only Glo that is fair among these telecoms companies.

naijainfogalery:
Sometimes i just wonder why people let others turn them to slaves in the name of fear. When people push you to the fall i dont expect you to still be running cos there is no where to go, Its time to fight back, If i were you, All you have to do is contact a good lawyer, I know some high profile lawyers that will be willing to do this for free because the money they will make on the long run will be amazing.

All you have to do is gather all your evidences, obey whats on your contract let them sack you then you sue their asses including MTN. then you send out messages to all the bloggers in Nigeria to help you spread the news expecially Linda ikeja, Nairaland and twitter will be happy to support, I bet shebi they didnt wanna give you leave, they will pay you money that you wouldnt make in 50 years of working as fine,

All you have to do is present documents to show the stress you have gone through and the emotional and physical stress your child is going through. i bet the message will get the labour and with all our social media rants you will just become a multi millionaire over night while you still have time for your baby.

If a company chooses to be wicked, then you should also activate your own wicked mode
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by slex(m): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Dirty rape loving Indians who can't afford tissue paper in their country. We need to purge Indians out of this country. #Notoslavery
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by missKiffy(f): 11:00am On Aug 20, 2015
bamac:
you are wrong not all Nigerian bloggers copy and paste.
I didn't say all nah
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by free2ryhme: 11:01am On Aug 20, 2015
You are afraid to protest but you want to get heard?

Go ask your South African counterparts how they did theirs and got heard
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by bamac(m): 11:02am On Aug 20, 2015
nosiebaba:

We share your plight but this is not only about mtn call center agents this as about contract staffing generally, MODERN DAY SLAVERY in Nigeria, an Indian or lebanese that doesn't knw any better will be employed as an expatriate earning jumbo pay and unreasonably huge allowances. We have a voice and it's sad to know that blogs that we have given the power to make our voice reach a louder audience would rather post about useless rumors of how a girl that died is a runs girl when Kylie jenner wears a swimsuit or if Kim kardashan if going to divorce kanye west such useless things that cannot add value to our lives just to have traffic on their blogs, please nl and other blogs we need to let Nigerians know that after being subjected to a lifetime of schooling home and abroad we are subjected to this inhumane issue of contract staffing like we don't deserve anything good in our lives, if we do this, the message will go viral and get to the appropriate authorities.
Thanks
all to get adsense pay. But the fact is that Nigerians find it hard to read things that are not of the nature of those you mentioned. They studied the market and so far they know that is what will fetch them the money why wunt they join the crowd.

On the other hand, those bloggers you mentioned didn't allow ppl to notice blogs that doesn't copy and paste because the idea is that almost all nigerian blogs have the same content meanwhile, there are other blogs with strictly original contents and the owners don't really care abt adsense or what have you but because of the passion they have for blogging.

I am not promoting my blog in anyway, but if i have the permission by the OP i can post it on my blog, if not my own original post then a post on permission is strictly what i do even with events on my blog...
Re: Maltreatment Of MTN Call Center Agents At Mayfair Gardens by Soundbite(m): 11:04am On Aug 20, 2015
I just cant stop wondering whats the function of our goverment agencies in charge of all this foreign investments. The NCC,NAFDAC, and all other. Our officials who are suppose to be patriotic in defending the welfares of fellow citizens are the ones that would be advising them on how to exploit us more just for the sake of their pockets.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Former HR Is Disturbing Me / Airport PCRC Honours Josephine Ugwu, Cleaner Who Returned N12m (photo) / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.