Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" (16817 Views)

13. Odu Otura Meji- Fear God And You Will Succeed As A Leader Of Men!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 20, 2015
Caveat: TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY meaning the points listed here concern a GREATER PERCENTAGE.

So, it's about the ladies in this particular tribe of Nigeria- The Akwa Ibom Ladies!

Been around most ladies from different tribes of Nigeria and stating with facts; the ladies in focus are extra-ordinary, they stand out when it comes to being a marriage material.

Wouldn't criticize or compare (and I don't expect you to) because it's immature and also against the rules of Naira Land but I'll try to enumerate what I believe is common in most Akwa Ibom ladies that makes them marriageable,
thus they seem to succeed in one of the largest market in Nigeria- The Marriage Market. cheesy

1. They are good cooks

If you check properly, the best restaurants are owned by Akwa Ibomites. The reason is they can cook- especially soup. We all know, food is a big route to the heart of any man. If she gets into your house as a maid, the chances of your "Oga" liking her food over yours are huge. The rest is history, if he prefers her food to yours...

2. They possess an internal software in them tagged, "500 tips in taking hold of a man"

They are poor at occupying the position of a side chick. Why? They soon migrate. If a married man starts keeping her as one, he'd better be very careful. He might soon migrate.

3. They are very generous with their "laughs" and smiles cheesy

Have you noticed they laugh and smile often? Maybe, hysterical sometimes but you get to like seeing them laugh at least.

4. Most are fair which brings out their beauty- Also have long natural hair

Yea...So true. Guys generally have a soft spot for Natural Beauty, Natural hair, Natural colour etc. An Akwa lady can wake in the morning and still look twice as good as in the afternoon.

5. They are reputed to be very good on bed.

So I heard...wink
Share your experiences here please...

6. They are Industrious in nature.

Most of them are pretty hardworking. They strive and struggle to thrive and bubble. Especially when they're in other states, they put in all to work.

7. Their bride price isn't scary

Trust me, it's so cheap. I even overheard one saying, just bring some kegs of oil, few tubers of yams etc, and like #5000. Imagine! #5K is not #5M o!

8. They're usually humble and down-to-earth

It's like this was passed on... The average Akwa lady isn't over materialic. They are always looking simple and modest, most of the times.

9. They are also economical

An Akwa lady can cook a correct Afang soup for you with just 1k. Hmm! Some others that can't really do better will demand for so much and buy "all manners" but yet the soup will lack that taste, if you understand the @fang language smiley. Also, she sees cooking as a hubby. Remember, my disclaimer.

Let's give it up for these ladies. LOL!

Gnyt!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by MOORCHMOORE(m): 12:11am On Aug 20, 2015
how many you knw?

1 Like

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by yanabasee(m): 12:12am On Aug 20, 2015
Naija Sha grin
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by SirLegal(m): 12:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Emusmith always hitting the nail at the head.
I must confess, I prefer their dishes to everything you ve listed here.

But come to think of it, I have a female Calabar friend where i stay who currently has stayed quite long in the marriage market and truth be told, she matches all your qualifications here + shez religious too. Any solutions?

And yes, today is my birthday can someone somewhere on NL show me some love... smiley cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Cutehector(m): 12:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Emusmith, in as much as I luv ur content, it doesn't even rhyme up wit ur topic tho..

You were praising d akwaibom ladies buh ur topics says smth different.

Btw, its so funny my fav meal comes from the akwaibom tribe
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Emusmith, in as much as I luv ur content, it doesn't even rhyme up wit ur topic tho..

You were praising d akwaibom ladies buh ur topics says smth different.

Btw, its so funny my fav meal comes from the akwaibom tribe

I know what you mean- You don't get the concept of the "Marriage Market"?
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Cutehector(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

I know what you mean- You don't get the concept of the "Marriage Market"?
lol maybe I don't.. Buh nice write up anyways
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
lol maybe I don't.. Buh nice write up anyways

smiley Thanks bro. Gdmng!
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by therealdeal10: 1:06am On Aug 20, 2015
D topic n it's content r 2 different tinz
Try modifying it
However

No 5 is generally known, no oda tribe gals do am pass dem
N dem dey cuk dieeeeee chaiiii
It's one of their most admirable trait cheesy
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:13am On Aug 20, 2015
Akwa Ibom/Calabar women are beautiful riverine goddesses.... Unfortunately, I wouldn't marry them.
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:17am On Aug 20, 2015
MOORCHMOORE:
how many you knw?

Read the topic again cheesy
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:19am On Aug 20, 2015
aim5:
Akwa Ibom/Calabar women are beautiful riverine goddesses.... Unfortunately, I wouldn't marry them.

Why na? undecided
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:21am On Aug 20, 2015
therealdeal10:
D topic n it's content r 2 different tinz
Try modifying it
However

No 5 is generally known, no oda tribe gals do am pass dem
N dem dey cuk dieeeeee chaiiii
It's one of their most admirable trait cheesy

I guess, by two mouths...

Thanks. The cooking aspect sha wink
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:28am On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Why na? undecided

If I have kids, I wouldn't want them to be "mixed" ethnically if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, Efik/Ibibio women are the second most gorgeous women in Nigeria after Fulani, but marrying them nah.. And oh when I make my December trip to Naija, I'll sample some of those lightskin Efik thespians at the Calabar Carnival hahaha.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:36am On Aug 20, 2015
aim5:

If I have kids, I wouldn't want them to be "mixed" ethnically if you know what I mean. Don't get me wrong, Efik/Ibibio women are the second most gorgeous women in Nigeria after Fulani, but marrying them nah.. And oh when I make my December trip to Naija, I'll sample some of those lightskin Efik thespians at the Calabar Carnival hahaha.

Sample means?

You're from Efik?

smiley
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:38am On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Sample means?

You're from Efik?

smiley

Sample means pounding them na hahaha are you a learner? And nah I'm not Efik.
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:46am On Aug 20, 2015
aim5:

Sample means pounding them na hahaha are you a learner? And nah I'm not Efik.

Hmm...people from that area and "pounding" sha...

Where then?
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Hmm...people from that area and "pounding" sha...

Where then?

I'm from Hell. Muahahahahaha
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 1:56am On Aug 20, 2015
aim5:

I'm from Hell. Muahahahahaha

Ok o.
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by 2prexios: 9:43am On Aug 20, 2015
I try ma Yoruba babe, lo, she was tied to her mother's prefrences and need for class, thats after years of wooing, she remain her unwooable self. Maybe she want an Alphaman. She's right that I'm financially unstable, but that I am still innovating did not occur to her as 'potential capital'. Along came my not as georgeous and opportuned but pleasant Akwa Ibom bae. She's beautiful and gentle, pushing me to decide. I'm contemplating carrying on the mixture cos as it is, I'm loving that sweet girl to a competitive woman! I love a woman that calmly complains but agrees with you than one that match you wit to wit in inevitable arguments. The marriage will be 'marred with rage' cos I have 'me rages'. A mixed home is better than broken home. Peace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 20, 2015
2prexios:
I try ma Yoruba babe, lo, she was tied to her mother's prefrences and need for class, thats after years of wooing, she remain her unwooable self. Maybe she want an Alphaman. She's right that I'm financially unstable, but that I am still innovating did not occur to her as 'potential capital'. Along came my not as georgeous and opportuned but pleasant Akwa Ibom bae. She's beautiful and gentle, pushing me to decide. I'm contemplating carrying on the mixture cos as it is, I'm loving that sweet girl to a competitive woman! I love a woman that calmly complains but agrees with you than one that match you wit to wit in inevitable arguments. The marriage will be 'marred with rage' cos I have 'me rages'. A mixed home is better than broken home. Peace.

Hmm...nice one!

Are you from there?
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by 2prexios: 12:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Hmm...nice one!

Are you from there?
Nope, I be Yoruba. I don't descriminate, buh the language ehn. Me no too comfortable with o, not used to it as were other major languages them. Can't play God but I pray for guidance, the lady speaks Yoruba wella.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by naijaboiy: 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
May01 are these things true? cheesy
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by may01(f): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
naijaboiy:
May01 are these things true? cheesy
They are all true. He even left out some vital facts, like our perseverance and loyalty wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
2prexios:
Nope, I be Yoruba. I don't descriminate, buh the language ehn. Me no too comfortable with o, not used to it as were other major languages them. Can't play God but I pray for guidance, the lady speaks Yoruba wella.

I can imagine lol...Yoruba and Akwa language... Pray o
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
may01:

They are all true. He even left out some vital facts, like our perseverance and loyalty wink

Loyalty!
That alone in a lady is enough!

1 Like

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by 2prexios: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

I can imagine lol...Yoruba and Akwa language... Pray o
That's my dilemma o, but if I take the bae, I will learn tolerance. It is still me conquering their own sha. My girlfriend Nike once told me that if I ever enter the trap of akwa ibom babe, I wont marry another woman. I thought she was joking, now I know better o. grin I was defending her recently and my brother kept saying 'Ekaete', my brother ehn, I no fit laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
2prexios:
That's my dilemma o, but if I take the bae, I will learn tolerance. It is still me conquering their own sha. My girlfriend Nike once told me that if I ever enter the trap of akwa ibom babe, I wont marry another woman. I thought she was joking, now I know better o. grin I was defending her recently and my brother kept saying 'Ekaete', my brother ehn, I no fit laugh.

Hahaha...you won't marry another?
Tolerance in what way?
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by 2prexios: 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Hahaha...you won't marry another?
Tolerance in what way?
I mean that she will engage you and get you committed to her. Honestly, the babe in question has what you described above, it is such friendliness that swerve you on to propose to her. But when it is your own people, interpreting every of their 'behavorial moves' gives you 'marriage-dread' and keep you confused and waste your time the more. Tolerance is, if I decide to settle down wif her, I let go of my 'discomfort' with her language.

1 Like

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
2prexios:
I mean that she will engage you and get you committed to her. Honestly, the babe in question has what you described above, it is such friendliness that swerve you on to propose to her. But when it is your own people, interpreting every of their 'behavorial moves' gives you 'marriage-dread' and keep you confused and waste your time the more. Tolerance is, if I decide to settle down wif her, I let go of my 'discomfort' with her language.
hmmm, I see! She probably knows how to make a man propose... The language ish sha! You need strong Love to overlook that, I guess. undecided
Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by 2prexios: 6:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:
hmmm, I see! She probably knows how to make a man propose... The language ish sha! You need strong Love to overlook that, I guess. undecided
She know how to, I give her that, she'll say 'you want something, but what have you sacrifice to have it?' Stupid me would say 'what do I want?' She would say 'me' and she becomes my 'want' and not the something she has. Thats emotional intelligence to tease me to act. Language is a small barrier that love can conquer. It is my home and if she is the one, my children speaks Yoruba and maybe they can learn her language from her. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Most Akwa Ibom Ladies Seem To Succeed In The "Marriage Market" by may01(f): 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
emusmith:

Loyalty!
That alone in a lady is enough!
True that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Esan People Are Not Igbo! / Oke ITE Awele(pot Of Progress ) / Baale Beats Resident To Coma For Failing To Pay Obeisance To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.