Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital (37644 Views)

Abubakar Bello To Marry Atiku's Daughter - Photos / Photos: Daughter Of Jigawa State Governor, Amina Abubakar Weds / Gombe Youths Reject Amina Abubakar-umar As Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Demdem(m): 7:56am On Aug 20, 2015
This singular act to me is far better than any pet project most of these first ladies get involved with.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Demdem(m): 7:58am On Aug 20, 2015
AMvanquish:
As part of her contribution to ensure women get the best treatment in the state, the wife of the Niger State Governor, Dr. Amina Abubakar Bello last week expressed her desire to work as a gynaecologist at the Minna General Hospital.

The daughter of former head of State Abdusalami Abubakar, who visited the female wards at the General Hospital, Minna, said as a practising and consultant gynaecologist she needed to know how women are being catered for medically in the state. This earned her a prominent place in blogosphere in the last week.

“My visit is to see how I can contribute to the society as a gynaecologist. That is what I do. I see pregnant women, I see women with gynaecology problems, I operate on women on caesarian section, that is what I intend to do as my own contribution. The hospital should expect better services. I would like to contribute my own quota, visit some of these women, spend time with them, helping with their surgeries and deliveries”.

She said the rate of infant and maternal mortality in Niger State has dropped from its previous figure.

“ 500 last year, but recently it has dropped to 300 because of training and capacity building and the procurement of equipment for life saving. Last month, we had zero percent in infant and maternal mortality in this Hospital.”

See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/govs-wife-takes-up-job-as-gynaecologist/#sthash.9pza4BAG.dpuf

Applause !!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by omowolewa: 7:59am On Aug 20, 2015
At least, not a useless NGO where she can massage her ego. She should invite more Doctors to her new found passion.

For the politic, history has been made, we can't change it.

3 Likes

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Bacteriocin(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2015
bigboss80s:

You are a poor FOOL.
If just opened your profile and discovered I typed "k" in one of your thread which might be part of why the thread's life span was so short like dwarf. grin
Secondly, anything I post here is my opinion and it's not binding on anybody neither am I saying you should believe it by force by fire.
And lastly, I'm on nairaland to catch my fun and feel free to express myself depending on how I feel so if you are part of those that take this place as if you are seeing one another face to face and think you can start exchanging words, check the next door please.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by mikolo80: 8:05am On Aug 20, 2015
Bacteriocin:

Abi nau....but at least make the thing balance pass this one.
o boy chairman na survival of the fittest o. na why I advise all youth un partake of politics by attending party meetings.anyone it doesn't matter, the politicians are all crooks. fight for your own share
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by cococandy(f): 8:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Pavore9:
Niger State affair evokes laughter whenever l recall that the Governor was sworn in by his mother-in-law (his wife's mother and former first Lady of Nigeria) Justice Fati Lami Abubakar as the Chief Judge of Niger State. So for Abdusalimi Abubakar, his son-lin-law is the Governor, his daughter, the First Lady while his wife is the Chief Judge! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Family business cheesy
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by cococandy(f): 8:23am On Aug 20, 2015
@topic, good job madam. Bless you.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by sweatlana: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2015
That's the way it should be. Good for her
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by mmsen: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2015
Saheed9:
i like hearin abt women gynaecologists, though they are nt many

If there are not many (in some partn of the country) it is because some people prefer to send their daughters off to be violated by Senator Yerima ond his pals than allow their daughters to have an education that might allow them to flourish.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by funkyglitz: 9:18am On Aug 20, 2015
Gynae wetin...abeg o mk una confirm say she get license b4 experimentin on poor souls abi she tink say na wetin she go wake up one mrnin decide...LOLs
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Iwonimi(m): 9:20am On Aug 20, 2015
That would be better cos no family av good education xcept frm Abubakar 's Family
eagleeye2:

They should simply rename the state to Abubakar State.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by anonimi: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2015
Very good sign.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by HDee(m): 9:25am On Aug 20, 2015
Kai!!! They have turn Nigeria into family property that is transferred between generations, its a pity. You will hear this one was the son of, daughter of, even grand sons and daughters. God!! Please deliver us.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by GoldStandard: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2015
This is commendable MA..
God bless your efforts
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by alexlee50: 9:37am On Aug 20, 2015
Commendable but she should have best put her skills in a private hospital instead of the government general hospital. First, what grade level would they start her on? If she commits any infringement, how does the medical director discipline her? What stops from using her influence to cause problems in the hospital? Let her go and open her hospital and help people freely if she really has the interest of the people at heart.

1 Like

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by godoluwa(m): 9:48am On Aug 20, 2015
SirLegal:
Service to humanity is the best form of service to the almighty.
More Grease to your elbow Ma. Your wealth of Knowledge will go a long way to help the feminine folk in your state.

And yes, today is my birthday can someone somewhere on NL show me some love... smiley cool
Happy birthday
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by otokx(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2015
Pavore9:
Niger State affair evokes laughter whenever l recall that the Governor was sworn in by his mother-in-law (his wife's mother and former first Lady of Nigeria) Justice Fati Lami Abubakar as the Chief Judge of Niger State. So for Abdusalami Abubakar, his son-lin-law is the Governor, his daughter, the First Lady while his wife is the Chief Judge! cheesy cheesy cheesy

No law has been broken, hopefully they get to develop the state, "family affair" indeed.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Eeser: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2015
If this is the Dr. Abubakar I once worked under, Niger state is lucky to have a hard working consultant as a first lady. Kudos madam
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Eeser: 10:06am On Aug 20, 2015
funkyglitz:
Gynae wetin...abeg o mk una confirm say she get license b4 experimentin on poor souls abi she tink say na wetin she go wake up one mrnin decide...LOLs
Don't be ridiculous. This is a fellow of the west African college of obstetrics and gynecology we are talking about. Just keep quiet already If you have nothing meaningful to say

1 Like

Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by gunnykid(m): 10:12am On Aug 20, 2015
na her choice na
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by bigtt76(f): 10:19am On Aug 20, 2015
Product of a family with good moral values. I remember, her mother refused to 100% take up the position of first lady when the husband was military head of state. She was a judge then.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by wearerelated: 10:22am On Aug 20, 2015
Great! The office of the First lady is being re-defined in a pracically good way!

I'm loving this
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by gazilion: 10:32am On Aug 20, 2015
This to me is a form of political deception. Did you need your husband to become a governor before doing this? I may be wrong in my judgement but I believe privileged persons should help out with charitable works not only when they have a political office.

I learnt PMBs wife doled out drugs worth more than 60 million Naira to some indigent people during the campaigns. This is good but it should not only be at the times of elections or when we want to keep our political positions.

Gazilion
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by AreaFada2: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2015
Pavore9:
Niger State affair evokes laughter whenever l recall that the Governor was sworn in by his mother-in-law (his wife's mother and former first Lady of Nigeria) Justice Fati Lami Abubakar as the Chief Judge of Niger State. So for Abdusalami Abubakar, his son-lin-law is the Governor, his daughter, the First Lady while his wife is the Chief Judge! cheesy cheesy cheesy
That guy na smooth operator. Won't be surprised if one of his kids becomes a commissioner in same administration. grin
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by SirLegal(m): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2015
godoluwa:
Happy birthday
Gracias Mon amigo.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by slap1(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2015
At least the staff of the hospital would sit up and take their jobs seriously.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by Thosen(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Happy Birthday SirLegal. This community celebrates you. May your best in the past year be your worst in the new year.
SirLegal:
Service to humanity is the best form of service to the almighty.
More Grease to your elbow Ma. Your wealth of Knowledge will go a long way to help the feminine folk in your state.

And yes, today is my birthday can someone somewhere on NL show me some love... smiley cool
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by SirLegal(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2015
Thosen:
Happy Birthday SirLegal. This community celebrates you. May your best in the past year be your worst in the new year.

wow... wow... Am grateful Sir.
And a big AMEN to your prayers for me Sire.

Ad multous annos to me. To many years.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by alfakoro1(m): 11:19am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice step. At least we are growing in d country. But your Father is still a threat to the country.
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by malikisah: 11:29am On Aug 20, 2015
Bacteriocin:
See as dem just dey rotate am between demselves....
Na wa ooooo.
Daughter of the former head of state and now a wife of a governor. Tomorrow now dey wil stil link the family to another post, maybe pikin minister....
God will kuku deliver us from dese people o
yu simply missed the point and that is the tragedy and not the fact that she is the daughter of a former head of state. Did yu ever hear that president George Bush is the son of a president George Bush? The point being made here is service! Despite her former first daughter and now first lady status, she still want to render a much needed service in the state hospital period!
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by anigold(m): 11:30am On Aug 20, 2015
Bacteriocin:
See as dem just dey rotate am between demselves....
Na wa ooooo.
Daughter of the former head of state and now a wife of a governor. Tomorrow now dey wil stil link the family to another post, maybe pikin minister....
God will kuku deliver us from dese people o

hmmmm na so we see am ooo

The same set of families ruling Nigeria since 1960. If father is president,daughter will become senator, son will become Governor after 20 years, another son will become minister...

Looks like we are practising monarchy...
Re: Amina Abubakar-Bello Works As Gynaecologist In Hospital by malikisah: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2015
natas22:
I pity the cmd of that hospital from now on his now a yes man anything the woman say its yes ma grin
very parochial mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Hands Over To Osinbajo As He Travels Out / Christians Guard Muslim As They Prayed At NASS / Dino Melaye Shares Adorable Photos As He Was Sworn At The Senate House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.