Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:52 AM

Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard (17750 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Fights For Boxing Title- The Vanguard / Next In Olubadan’s Succession Queue Dies At 91 / Ooni Of Ife: The Titanic Succession Battle Begins - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 7:55am On Aug 20, 2015
teamchocolate:
If you are not from Ife, pls don't comment. That's their tradition. Go and say no no to ur pple in a place of ur entitlement..

am from Ife..next!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by IYANGBALI: 7:56am On Aug 20, 2015
teamchocolate:
If you are not from Ife, pls don't comment. That's their tradition. Go and say no no to ur pple in a place of ur entitlement..

upper cut. 50 cartons of alomo for you

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by teamchocolate: 8:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Ur obviously not..babyfaceafrica kor babyfaceife ni.. Omo anioma abi Edo Kan lo ma je.. where in Ife are u from?
Or ur mixed... Yoruba pple are not careless about culture...

babyfaceafrica:
am from Ife..next!!!!!!
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by sainty2k3(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
buts that's not fair and does not guarantee the best candidate will win...well dats dee cup of coffee!!
Lol. There is no best candidate, its only IFA that can determine that

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by SmartMugu: 8:12am On Aug 20, 2015
FrankValency:
This one no concern me o,the one that concerns me are those that will struggle for who to wine and dine with the Kabiyesi ,that is who go hussle for the post of "The Abobaku"??
Trust me, I'm sure some folks are already beefing one another for the Abobaku role.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by omooba2015(m): 8:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Instead off them to come pick me now.... Den won go pick wrong man.... Let wait and see. God dey sha
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Season film....what I don't understand is which oneisthe next king must come fromone particular ruling house?...what do they mean by that?... Last time I checked as long as you have royal blood you are entitled to the throne!!...all this policy of rotation is a no no for me angry!!!
Go to ur lineage and tell them that. It has been in history of ife that kingship is on rotation right from our fore fathers. Why can't u go and pick sijuade son and name him next Ooni. The next king is from Giesi and there re prominent people from the ruling house.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by enitiObanke(m): 8:19am On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Season film....what I don't understand is which oneisthe next king must come fromone particular ruling house?...what do they mean by that?... Last time I checked as long as you have royal blood you are entitled to the throne!!...all this policy of rotation is a no no for me angry!!!

1. You are a learner
2. You are obviously too lazy to read, or do some research to educate yourself
3. We have seen enough threads on Nairaland alone this past 1 week to sufficiently inform and educate anyone who is willing to learn the modalities for choosing successive Oonis in Ife.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by excellentmomma(f): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2015
With all the specks attached to the office now and greed of the 21st Century, they will so fight for the stool. Make person no die o, same way politics has turned "do or die". #tribunal things.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 8:25am On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
am from Ife..next!!!!!!
Then u must be a bastard if u don't know the tradition. Let me give u a clue, Okunade sijuade was not entitled to the throne when he was chosen. That is why his reign was marred by blood cos is like stealing from peter to pay paul. Ife must be peaceful again and that is why the round peg must be in round hole. So go and learn history

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by enitiObanke(m): 8:38am On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
buts that's not fair and does not guarantee the best candidate will win...well dats dee cup of coffee!!

Guy pls stopping displaying your ignorance and stupidity on a public forum. I bet you are a teenager whose only hobby is Nollywood movies.
Obaship/Kingship in d southwest isn't a democratic thing, so d issue of best candidate doesn't hold here.
Every prince or princess from d ruling house whose turn it is is eligible to express interest to be d next Ooni of Ife. The Kingmakers then prunes down the list and present it to Ifa,..... Ifa is d final authority on who becomes d Ooni.
If d Ooni throne continues to exist for another 1000yrs,....so also shall d exact same procedure stepped in 100% traditional and occultict (?) stuffs remain for the selection of successive Oonis'.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by yerakola(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2015
am loving dis oooni thread anyway
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by yerakola(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2015
am loving dis oooni thread anyway. am from royal family sha.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by hadura29(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2015
teamchocolate:
Ur obviously not..babyfaceafrica kor babyfaceife ni.. Omo anioma abi Edo Kan lo ma je.. where in Ife are u from?

Lol, mo fe fun bobo yen Loro bury ku but nigba ti mo ri post eee, Erin kan pa mi ni..

Awon ajeokuta ma mu Omi yen, wan mo tradition kan kan, of which the guy fit be awon omo indomie generation...

Good morning o jare...

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by sunsewa: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Jagaban over to you,the one after ur heart goes with it,KINGMAKER.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Femmymata2(m): 9:07am On Aug 20, 2015
Ifa and holy spirit are similar. Used for manipulation and furtherance of their goals, google is real thats why everyöne has access to it but ifa.., wise people carve Gods fools worship them
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by bamasite(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2015
How does that affect the exchange rate?
http://www.dealdey.com/deals/whistle-key-finder-3
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by JackDaniels1: 9:15am On Aug 20, 2015
Have you heared of Prince Sikiru Ayedun aka SK.Watch out for him.
He is a successful business man in Maritime sector and immediate past Commissioner for Culture and Tourism in the state of Osun.He is also from Geisi family.My investigation reveals that his Dad was supposed to be crowned King before the late Ooni Sijuade used his connection and Wealth to chance him.The Oracle might favour him.WATCHOUT FOR HIM

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by NoRetreat(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2015
I think Ibadan is the best in this regard.I am sorry if there is any other city with a regulated means of selection.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Sammyramires(m): 10:51am On Aug 20, 2015
I just pray these egocentric candidates who should lay no claim to the revered post of Ooni will not "embarrass the stool"....
#ILE-IFE MY TOWN
#ILE-IFE MY HOME
#ILE-IFE THE SOURCE
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Fundango: 10:53am On Aug 20, 2015
lumzybo:
Just as expected.

9ja version of "Games of Thrones". The lannisters are showing their faces. More drama to come.
You are 100,000% right.on the part of ifa priests we would likely have our naija version of"Legend of the Seeker"or Merlin.
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2015
teamchocolate:

you are rash an careless with speech...ki lo se e ti o n bu awon omo ibo ati edo..ti won b soro is yin ..ee ma binu...sebi emi lo n ba soro....sora e o...m fom ife central
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nicepoker(m): 11:26am On Aug 20, 2015
Is the abobaku position vacant? Cos I want to apply
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2015
enitiObanke:

Guy pls stopping displaying your ignorance and stupidity on a public forum. I bet you are a teenager whose only hobby is Nollywood movies.
Obaship/Kingship in d southwest isn't a democratic thing, so d issue of best candidate doesn't hold here.
Every prince or princess from d ruling house whose turn it is is eligible to express interest to be d next Ooni of Ife. The Kingmakers then prunes down the list and present it to Ifa,..... Ifa is d final authority on who becomes d Ooni.
If d Ooni throne continues to exist for another 1000yrs,....so also shall d exact same procedure stepped in 100% traditional and occultict (?) stuffs remain for the selection of successive Oonis'.
your first paragraph is unclled for but its u opinion...just becuse its a faceless forun does nt mean u shouldinsult people..I like your explantion..but plese tell me why they rotate the kinship among the ruling classes..why caant just ifa choose among the four uling classes
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 11:31am On Aug 20, 2015
sainty2k3:

Lol. There is no best candidate, its only IFA that can determine that
I love that ..I wish they truly let IFA will be done..I don't wnt them to politicise this Ooni stool.....orunmila baba agbomregun will do the needful..bless you
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 11:34am On Aug 20, 2015
sainty2k3:

It has always been like that, there are ruling families and the throne is been rotates among the families,
if that's so..what's making people from othe ruling houses interested ? That will be suicidal naw!!
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by neocortex: 12:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
001ng:
Ifa/ Oracle?

Hmmmm.... yoruba and fetish tins eeeh!!!

Bigot alert!!!
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by sainty2k3(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
if that's so..what's making people from othe ruling houses interested ? That will be suicidal naw!!
I think that's because everybody knows there is a role for politics, and history can be modified to soothe evertyones selfish desires
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by babyfaceafrica: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
sainty2k3:

I think that's because everybody knows there is a role for politics, and history can be modified to soothe evertyones selfish desires
thanks...politics hs eaten deep to every corner of life..its well!!
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by mikaael(m): 1:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:

Seems ur new to the game...its a rotation policy that has long bn iin existence in this clime...Older folks wud knw better
Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by delishpot: 1:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Isnt it the gods that will decide? Which one be tussle again for there?

gods decide which family should run for the throne
gods pick one man from said family
The priest speaks the word to the people
New king is born
Wetin dem dey tussle again?
Abi dem no trust their gods judgement ni?

1 Like

Re: Ooni: Succession Tussle Toughens - Vanguard by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
No mind the prof jare, they are still waiting for letter when other houses are in the process of submitting names. I wonder when the act of letter sending started in ife. Prof never knew that Ogboru did not receive any letter before sijuwade was selected, ifa chose him among contenders from the ruling houses.
Oracle doesn't recognize rotation and would gladly skip your house if it doesn't find a worthy successor.
Ifa chooses the royal house and not the royal house choosing for ifa as this prof wants to make us to believe.

You don't choose for the gods.
Ife throne is not a grade b or c throne where they choose based on rotation without the involvement of the oracel.

whichever way, they can go to court if the Ooni elect does not come from giesi. He also deliberately left out the fact that giesi had produced the 2nd highest number of ooni's in the history of ife.
I hope the contest doesn't turn bloody though.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Canadian Igbo Jew Explains Why Igbo Are Jews / Edwin Azike, Kidnapped Imo Monarch Killed, Body Dumped In Market Square / The History Behind The Name Akwa Ibom:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.