Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor (822 Views)

Akunyili's Family Discovers 110 Awards Packed Inside Her Box(pics) / The Photoshop That Fooled 170 Million Nigerians / why yoruba are poor.17yrs mass stravation by biafra obasanjom/jonathan if yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by teeebugs: 8:45am On Aug 20, 2015
Vice President Prof. Yemi Osinbajo yesterday said there are 110 million poor Nigerians.

He added that some past polices and planning, including budgeting, did not reflect the needs and conditions of the people, who have become disempowered.

He spoke while receiving the Alumni Association of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPPS), in Abuja.

Expressing concern about extreme poverty in the country, Osinbajo said two third of the population had become disempowered following the policy formulation in the past.

“When you look at the economic and social policies, and you look at the level of illiteracy, some are extremely bad and some with cases of about 80 or 90 per cent of children out of school, and other cases of unimaginable decayed infrastructure,” he said.

Stressing that policies should address the needs of the people, he said the main challenge now is how to make this possible.

“Governments have not been accountable to the people, otherwise policies should have roots in the real condition of the people.”

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/osinbajo-110-million-nigerians-are-poor/
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Mbkite(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2015
Too bad
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Cutehector(m): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Poor in what sense? Financially, academically, spiritually?
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by powerfulsettingz: 8:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Who count them?
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by drey076(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2015
they should do d needful if they are aware jare
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 8:52am On Aug 20, 2015
The rich, making themselves richer by making the plebs poorer
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by bluaero(m): 8:54am On Aug 20, 2015
110 million are poor
50 million are wretched
10 million are thieves

angry
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
Wat set of theives... solve d problem naa.. and stop talking...
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Sunnymatey(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2015
Now that u 've finished counting, 110,000,000x5,000=550, 000,000,000.00 monthly. 2 months gone no statement on social welfare package. One chance.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Sweetlemon(f): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2015
He may be correct.
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by naijainfogalery: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2015
Its a wrong mentality to think the rich are responsible to the poor by giving them money, but i think the only way they owe them is through creating jobs and i dont like this Nigerian mentality that rich keep making themselves richer, then the poor should grow up too, Sounds harsh but true. The only way i would fight any rich man is if he extorts the poor or steals money to make himself rich, but a man doing his business and makes lots of money owes nobody, but that doesnt mean he shouldnt give but the mentality that the rich should give the poor money just irritates me
SUGARBEE:
The rich, making themselves richer by making the plebs poorer
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by boboLIL(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Stop quoting the past..... Una say una be change... Mk una change 1100million people to rich people na....

Btw,,, na u count dem?
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Sandydayz(f): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2015
Am not surprised.... Nor be who get connection dey rich dis dayz? undecided
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Its a wrong mentality to think the rich are responsible to the poor by giving them money, but i think the only way they owe them is through creating jobs and i dont like this Nigerian mentality that rich keep making themselves richer, then the poor should grow up too, Sounds harsh but true. The only way i would fight any rich man is if he extorts the poor or steals money to make himself rich, but a man doing his business and makes lots of money owes nobody, but that doesnt mean he shouldnt give but the mentality that the rich should give the poor money just irritates me

Well saying the same thing regardless of how you put it.. The rich refuses to create jobs for the poor but even when those jobs are created, they tend to exploit the poor further probably through income and tax
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by Cutehector(m): 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Sweetlemon:
He may be correct.
he can't be correct...there is a huge diff btw being poor and being contented wit what u have
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
bluaero:
110 million are poor
50 million are wretched cows
10 million are thieves

angry

Lol you damn right
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by naijainfogalery: 9:13am On Aug 20, 2015
we are not talking the same thing lol, Like i said, the rich are like every other member of the society, you dont just create job if you dont have a particular dream. The poor can also afford to create jobs on their own. But until everyone stops blaming someone for their misfortune then it will always be the same old story, It saddens me when i see nairalanders happy because Buhari said he will impose extra tax on the rich, like the rich owes anyone any thing
SUGARBEE:

Well saying the same thing regardless of how you put it.. The rich refuses to create jobs for the poor but even when those jobs are created, they tend to exploit the poor further probably through income and tax
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
we are not talking the same thing lol, Like i said, the rich are like every other member of the society, you dont just create job if you dont have a particular dream. The poor can also afford to create jobs on their own. But until everyone stops blaming someone for their misfortune then it will always be the same old story, It saddens me when i see nairalanders happy because Buhari said he will impose extra tax on the rich, like the rich owes anyone any thing

Yeah I get your hang, but if the mentality of the poor changes and they start talking money who would now be the poor people in the society? only few who are able to break the norm maybe through educational qualifications and sheer luck..

So in essence, the only way the poor can change their mentality is by going to school
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by naijainfogalery: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2015
the truth remains every body cant be successful and every body cant be rich, but everybody can be choose to be successful. and even if the while country become rich in multi millions , there will always be the lower class, i want u to Get that fact. So there is nothing like what will happen if evryone become rich, its gonna be a good development but that doesnt mean we wont still have people to do those little little jobs wink
SUGARBEE:

Yeah I get your hang, but if the mentality of the poor changes and they start talking money who would now be the poor people in the society? only few who are able to break the norm maybe through educational qualifications and sheer luck..

So in essence, the only way the poor can change their mentality is by going to school
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 9:30am On Aug 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
the truth remains every body cant be successful and every body cant be rich, but everybody can be choose to be successful. and even if the while country become rich in multi millions , there will always be the lower class, i want u to Get that fact. So there is nothing like what will happen if evryone become rich, its gonna be a good development but that doesnt mean we wont still have people to do those little little jobs wink

You're turning my head already
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by naijainfogalery: 10:01am On Aug 20, 2015
Nice thats more like me,i twist necks to make you see the truth, Are you a prophetess tongue ?
SUGARBEE:

You're turning my head already
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 10:04am On Aug 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Nice thats more like me,i twist necks to make you see the truth, Are you a prophetess tongue ?

Well actually, I meant, what you said above didn't make sense at all
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by naijainfogalery: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2015
Well based on your personality it would either make sense or it wouldnt.

If you are one of those people that believes money should be taken from the rich to feed the poor it wouldnt
But if you are one the those that believe in everyone is responsible for the lives either good or bad then it will make so much sense
SUGARBEE:

Well actually, I meant, what you said above didn't make sense at all
Re: Osinbajo: 110 Million Nigerians Are Poor by SUGARBEE(f): 10:16am On Aug 20, 2015
naijainfogalery:
Well based on your personality it would either make sense or it wouldnt.

Explain that

(1) (Reply)

A Passionate Plea To Mr President From The Newly Recruited Immigration Officers / At UN General Assembly: Buhari Under Global Pressure To Appoint Ministers / List Of 83 Senators Who Voted For Corruption And Against Nigeria’s Prosperity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.