Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo (2380 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Makes Drones For US Army Begins Work For Homeland Security.PICS / Lagos Begins Work On Cable Car Project / Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nbc-begins-work-on-n80bn-mega-plant-project-in-imo/217942/

06:55 20/08/2015
Owerri - The Nigerian Bottling Company (NBC) Ltd. has
commenced plans to establish a mega production facility
in Okigwe, Imo.
The Head of Public Affairs and Communication, Uzo
Odenigbo, disclosed this to newsmen in Owerri on
Wednesday.
Odenigbo said that the NBC was currently executing an
Accelerated Investment Plan aimed at doubling production
capacity by 2020.
He said that while some of their plants in Nigeria were
being upgraded, a new plant would be established in
Okigwe, Imo
He said that the existing operations in Imo State would be
significantly enhanced, hence the need to drive
"momentous investment into its operations and site a
world-class, state-of-the-art factory in Okigwe."

"When completed, the facility will be the biggest NBC
manufacturing and warehouse site in the country,
supporting other existing production lines to deliver more
to yearning customers and dealers in the Eastern part of
the country and beyond in an environmentally sustainable
way."

"Demand for our products is high, and in a bid to meet up
with the sales projection trajectory in a very competitive
environment, more production lines will be installed, most
of which will be in our new Okigwe mega production
facility," he said.

He also revealed that the company had been supporting
the socio-economic lives of its stakeholders, providing
employment opportunities, improving livelihood and
economically empowering communities where they
operate.

He added that the company was also partnering with
communities on its shared values of youth development
and women empowerment.

"In his drive we are collaborating with state governments
to support female entrepreneurship with trade asset
financing and business training for women
entrepreneurs."
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Abagworo(m): 10:55am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 20, 2015
Will be glad if get done
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2015
One of the few times Abagworo makes sense. Even chinology will agree.
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 20, 2015
chinology. come here opportunity. abagoro is lying again. like the shell gas plant
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
The east is definitely the "drink manufacturing center" of Nigeria .
Enugu - Ama Breweries, the largest in WA.
Onitsha - Sabmiller
Aba - Plenty, plus glassforce, largest producer of glass bottles.
Etc Etc

3 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Abagworo(m): 3:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Onitsha - Sabmiller
Etc Etc

Aba equally has largest sorghum malt plant in the world and largest can manufacturing plant in Africa. The game is that all these breweries in the East get supplies from the Aba plants.

I am glad what I always argued is gradually coming to pass in a short time. Industries are gradually coming to Imo State in a big way. If we check the investments that are pouring into the State now, it might amount to more than 4billion Dollars.

Finally there is no reason this should not be on the front page.

3 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Onitsha - Sabmiller
Etc Etc

Onitsha has 2, SABMiller and Premier with PAL at Oko but dead.

Imo has Consolidated at Mgbidi.

Umuahia has Golden Guinea.

Easterners drink alcohol but they don't use hard drugs like cocaine but do smoke weed.

Easterners deal on drugs but they don't do drugs

2 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by investnow2013: 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Easterners drink alcohol but they don't use hard drugs like cocaine but do smoke weed.

How about Life brewery Onitsha taken over by Heineken
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by asha80(m): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
BuddahMonk:

golden guinea is not functioning now
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 5:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
investnow2013:
How about Life brewery Onitsha taken over by Heineken

Life is the product of Premier Breweries with Savana Drink.
Life is product not a coy
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
asha80:
golden guinea is not functioning now
Even PAL at Oko own by Ekwueme is dead long
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by natas22: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ok
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by kettykings: 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Is the Epicenter of manufacturing shifting to the east.
I once posted that the gdp of the former east might have overtaken other regions. This is gradually being confirmed with the mega Outfits and factories coming to the east.
I don't Know the choice of okigwe though. Could it be accessibility to other states or availability of land, power etc
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hmmm, I saw lot of breweries last time I visited aba, even Guinness.
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Nobody: 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
menabadoo:
Hmmm, I saw lot of breweries last time I visited aba, even Guinness.

NBC is not a brewery, its Coca Cola, NB is Nigeria Breweries already with company in Enugu, NBC is Nigeria Bottling Company makers of Coca cola, Fanta, Sprit, 5Alive, etc. This is a beverage coy not brewery

4 Likes

Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Abagworo(m): 9:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
kettykings:
Is the Epicenter of manufacturing shifting to the east.
I once posted that the gdp of the former east might have overtaken other regions. This is gradually being confirmed with the mega Outfits and factories coming to the east.
I don't Know the choice of okigwe though. Could it be accessibility to other states or availability of land, power etc

I think they already had a plant at Okigwe which they acquired from Limca bottling Company. That might have informed their decision to site this one in Okigwe.

1 Like

Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by jemir000: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
the amala faces won't like this oo
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Evankoko(f): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Is a lie : there is nothing like dat in okigwe atleast i live in okigwe; but they av a land dat is up to 10plots at ezinnachi-umuahia road and also took over biber or limca bottling company at fgc okigwe junction
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by Kingspin(m): 11:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Evankoko:
Is a lie : there is nothing like dat in okigwe atleast i live in okigwe; but they av a land dat is up to 10plots at ezinnachi-umuahia road and also took over biber or limca bottling company at fgc okigwe junction
Coming from an insider, it going to be not just a mega plant but most modernize.
Re: NBC Begins Work On Nigeria Largest Mega Plant In Imo by asha80(m): 1:42am On Aug 21, 2015
Evankoko:
it said going to build not that they have built

(1) (Reply)

Discerning And Right Thinking Igbos Should Speak Up Now Before Its Too Late / Enough Is Enough..Seun I Am Offering Myself To Be A Mod To Solve Tribalism On NL / Lawyers To Charge Buhari To ICC In February For Crimes Against Biafrans -IBTIMES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.