Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,799 members, 7,802,562 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

World Mosquito Day - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Mosquito Day (333 Views)

Free Mosquito Nets Used On Farms In South-South - Doctor Laments / Giant Mosquito With Wing Of Over 4 Inches Found In China / Is Mosquito A Wild Animal Or A Domestic Animal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

World Mosquito Day by Generalkorex(m): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2015
Slap! Another mosquito!I try to resist the urge to scratch, but it would be easier to refuse a glass of water on a 110-degree day. I scratch, and oh, glorious relief! The feeling is just momentary, though, because here comes that hot sensation, and now my skin is swelling into a hideous red bump.Who knows what disease that thing could be carrying? At least I can be sure it isn’t HIV.

World Mosquito Day, observed annually on 20 August, is a commemoration of Indian doctor Sir Ronald Ross's discovery in 1897 that female mosquitoes transmit malaria between humans.Ross is responsible for the annual observance, having declared shortly after his discovery that the day should be known as World Mosquito Day in the future.
The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine holds Mosquito Day celebrations every year, including events such as parties and exhibitions, a tradition dating back to as early as the 1930s.

HAPPY WORLD MOSQUITO DAY.
PLEASE dnt kill mosquito today o

(1) (Reply)

Ingredients That Should Be Utilized In Any Skin Rejuvenation Treatment / A Vital Vitamin To Improve Brain Power, Protein / The Weight Loss Program To Count Your Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.