Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? (29929 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kinstunfad: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hello, good people of Nairaland! I am presently in a dilemma, I currently work in a construction company with good pay but I got an offer with a Federal Govt teaching hospital, 1st, I don't know what their salary structure is like! Kind of confuse, advice needed!
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
Make enquires man, then decide. But, d last time I check federal is still better

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by nenergy(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Is your career in engineering or health care? Which of these will add value to your career? Base your choice on that.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by wristbangle: 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Depends on your course of study. Perhaps weigh the options by checking what the fed job as to offer.

Besides OP.... "If them advertised all these fed gov job secretly, una go apply, get the job. After Una go come here dey seek for people advice.

The guy below me has said it all. God dey sad

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by PapaNnamdi: 2:54pm On Aug 20, 2015
how come you people get all the jobs sef, pesin dey find work since e nor see and una wey get still de get more, pls carry ur dilema else where, i dey vex

218 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by lalasticlala(m): 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
how come you people get all the jobs sef, pesin dey find work since e nor see and una wey get still de get more, pls carry ur dilema else where, i dey vex

hahahaha lwkmh grin

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by ken13: 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
With a federal job, you're less likely to be fired without notice or some flimsy 'downsizing' policy. It also does come with some 'benefits'. However, in the end of the day, it's your choice to make. Think through it.

13 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Ask4bigneyo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
Odikwa die..... This dude don vex

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Skypelogger: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Yes oo
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by jnrbayano(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
Federal Government job is holy grail.....

But get the details first before making the move.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by bigv(m): 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
First, go do your homework well, then you can return for some advice.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by icemann(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
You don't know the salary structure and you received a job offer? Are you joking?

Even if you didn't then why did you apply for a job without asking around for the salary?

Later you would come here complaining that you salary is too small and your boss is over working you.

9 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by SaiBuharii: 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
I don't know why people keep coming to this forum to state they got a job, and they don't know the pay region. An offer letter should be the first basis for saying you have a job!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by allanphash7(m): 3:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Chewing popcorn and groundnut

Make i balance to read advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by santosesq1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
kinstunfad:
Hello, good people of Nairaland! I am presently in a dilemma, I currently work in a construction company with good pay but I got an offer with a Federal Govt teaching hospital, 1st, I don't know what their salary structure is like! Kind of confuse, advice needed!

Not everything you ask be an adult as you are & do what is wise & best. Ok

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by ayusco85(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Did u asked me when you were taking up the job? if u like resign both jobs. its non of my business

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
first i will advice u to no d pay in d teaching hospital first and use it to compare
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by priscaoge(f): 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Until u know d pay
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Zozot: 3:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
OK
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by sammyj: 3:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
Quit olodo as if you are not aware the government is currently broke and may embark on mass retrenchment very soon. However, Baba PMB is blocking all lop holes so it's not business as usual for corrupt civil service practices in the civil service!!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Even I am 'confuse' (to use your parlance) about what you need advice on. The one you have has good pay yet you want to sacrifice that for a govt. job? Job security is what you are looking for init? I hope you know there's no job security anymore now that companies , including govt. operated, fire as they wish nowadays.

You'd better man up and assume your own risk instead of depening on another to take risks for you.

Meanwhile...take this sachet powder of the product below and receive some 'balls' man!

(in P-Square's Voice) Take it! Take it! Alhaji! Ehen!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
The over dependence of "bread" from the Federal government has led to the comatose state of the the private sector, not only that, it has also led to a critical mass of unproductive youths, driving our GDP per capita to very shameful levels of a miserly $2,500. This in turn contributes appreciably to the high unemployment rate, and the decreased interest and support for private sector ventures. This must stop! When we finally embrace true capitalism and embrace the highest level of efficiency and productivity in our private sector, only then will we have our economy flourish.

That said, my answer to you goes with a question - Do you love what you doing? If the answer is a yes! Then stay there!

-CramJones

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by youngice(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
But people can ask jamb questions
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by GboyegaD(m): 3:38pm On Aug 20, 2015
Think about which you want to build a career with.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Harkinyhemmy(m): 3:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Noooo, money matters
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by sigiyaya(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Forget about the two job and stay back home nonsense angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by mascot87(m): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Pray about it.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by SaiBuharii: 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
cramjones:
sdfdfd

Cramjones sef dey book space. It's ok.

11 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Emeraldcute(f): 3:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
wink
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 3:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
Go federal for job security... It's flexible and could pay out greatly if your academic worth is improved.
You won't wake up one day to see a sack letter unlike private coys. If it's federal I advice you go for it for the long term.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? / Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.