Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,570 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? (29928 Views)

Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? / Should I Quit My Job And Be Self-employed? / How Did You Get Your Present Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by luorquay: 4:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
how come you people get all the jobs sef, pesin dey find work since e nor see and una wey get still de get more, pls carry ur dilema else where, i dey vex

Op answer this question first,then we would profer solutions to your dilemma.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Faheedat: 4:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Comrade,
The info is not detail enough for the house to advice you.If you can give us more hint for us to analyse your predicament but nevertheless you can go ahead and too the risk .Best of luck[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kevoh(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Instead of him to stick to his construction job, learn the nitty-gritty of construction, get his contacts and one day start his small construction company where he will in turn become an employer, he is busy looking for government job where he will be receiving salary and doing less work all in the name of job security.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by persius555(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
ken13:
With a federal job, you're less likely to be fired without notice or some flimsy 'downsizing' policy. It also does come with some 'benefits'. However, in the end of the day, it's your choice to make. Think through it.
Just to add to his point. You are about to become redundant and unproductive to the nation.All what civil servants care about is promotion and salary increase. That is what civil service is all about here in nigeria.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by rofemiguwa(f): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Govt teaching hospital, ur salary can't be more than 100k. E too try 120k. Infact am almost sure as an engineer in d hospital u will start with 70 _ 90k . That range. Then u have to wait every 3yrs before u get. Promotion if there is vacancy ofcourse. Then u get addition 15k. Every year u add a step and get 3k. There is no housing allowance, wardrobe allowance , car and what have you.

You will leave a slow and steady life.

Pros you can close by 4 and u can always liaise with ur colleague to go do ur outside runs.

Or u can connive with odrs and sell govt disel .hehehehehe. That was a joke.

Okay oga I don't know how much they pay u in the firm u are, but this is the exact situation. Coming from someone in the system.

So make ur choice.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Melahou(m): 4:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
how come you people get all the jobs sef, pesin dey find work since e nor see and una wey get still de get more, pls carry ur dilema else where, i dey vex

when you upgrade yourself and become "hot" in the labour market
jobs will look for you

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Omotayor123(f): 4:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
Me sef wonder ooooundecided
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by 2best(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
your letter no carry wetin u go dey earn?
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
icemann:
You don't know the salary structure and you received a job offer? Are you joking?

Even if you didn't then why did you apply for a job without asking around for the salary?

Later you would come here complaining that you salary is too small and your boss is over working you.

It could be godfatherism , he probably didn't apply and will only know at the end of the first month of work what he'll be earning. I know a guy who graduated the same time with me , had a 3rd class and boasted he would get a job before any of us in my class , sure enough the guy received an offer just after NYSC from Lagos state ministry of Agriculture ( We heard his uncle was highly placed in the political arena in Lagos then ).

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by dopedealer(m): 4:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
fotadmowmend:
That's a lie . There is no how you will get an appointment from FG without know the pay ! F.G agencies will always write what you will earn on your appointment letter.
Anyway, lets assume that you are dreaming of working with the FG and you are considerin leaving your job, if that is the case ensure you have your letter before leaving oooo .

Calm down bruh. I work with federal govt and I have no letter yet. I don't know my salary. Employment letter comes after training.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kobonaire(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:
funny guy ... God Bless your hustle ...

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Federal job is the best, but in this situation, you need God to decide for you not human, so why dont you consult your God on this matter
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by fotadmowmend(m): 4:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
dopedealer:

Calm down bruh. I work with federal govt and I have no letter yet. I don't know my salary. Employment letter comes after training.
if that should be the case, try and know the salary range. But if I were you, I would leave the construction company unless they pay 'hyper' form of salary. This is due to the fact that there is job security working with the fg and you will actually get promoted when due and also retire benefits is also there.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by momove4real25(f): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
It depends on ur qualification. D Health salary scale in any ministry difres from normal civil servants, if u enter start from level 8 that's enjoyment fr u. Even d state gvt health workers prefers that job to that of private sector talk less of Federal. I dnt think dre is job security in private sectors once u leave that's bye bye. But public or civil servant u av ur gratuity and pension. Take d job if u are asurred. if u quit one job fr another without bin sure.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by whizqueen(f): 4:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Federal government job has stability
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by felajazz(m): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Make enquires man, then decide. But, d last time I check federal is still better

Not all federal bro! I work wit Nigeria Railways. Our salary is d poorest!!
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by oreofea(f): 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
[quote authoadmowmend post=37157202]That's a lie . There is no how you will get an appointment from FG without know the pay ! F.G agencies will always write what you will earn on your appointment letter.
Anyway, lets assume that you are dreaming of working with the FG and you are considerin leaving your job, if that is the case ensure you have your letter before leaving oooo . [/quote]

wen i got my appointment letter frm a fed govt agency, d salary wasnt stated...most gov agencies dont. The best op can do is to find out frm dose dat re already working there.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by vivalavida(m): 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Govt teaching hospital, ur salary can't be more than 100k. E too try 120k. Infact am almost sure as an engineer in d hospital u will start with 70 _ 90k . That range. Then u have to wait every 3yrs before u get. Promotion if there is vacancy ofcourse. Then u get addition 15k. Every year u add a step and get 3k. There is no housing allowance, wardrobe allowance , car and what have you.

You will leave a slow and steady life.

Pros you can close by 4 and u can always liaise with ur colleague to go do ur outside runs.

Or u can connive with odrs and sell govt disel .hehehehehe. That was a joke.

Okay oga I don't know how much they pay u in the firm u are, but this is the exact situation. Coming from someone in the system.

So make ur choice.

This is one baadt sharp bae. I love that selling diesel part *winks*
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by tiwasiaife(m): 4:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
kinstunfad:
Hello, good people of Nairaland! I am presently in a dilemma, I currently work in a construction company with good pay but I got an offer with a Federal Govt teaching hospital, 1st, I don't know what their salary structure is like! Kind of confuse, advice needed!
What's the me of the construction company so that I will decide ur case.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by bigerboy200: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
sammyj:
Quit olodo as if you are not aware the government is currently broke and may embark on mass retrenchment very soon. However, Baba PMB is blocking all lop holes so it's not business as usual for corrupt civil service practices in the civil service!!! grin grin
did he tell u he is planning 2b a corrupt ''civil servant''??

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by francizy(m): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
PapaNnamdi:

ayusco85:
Did u asked me when you were taking up the job? if u like resign both jobs. its non of my business

These men wan finish person with laughter for here sha... grin
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by francizy(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2015
bigerboy200:

did he tell u he is planning 2b a corrupt ''civil servant''??

You dey mind sammyj? The guy done craze tay tay!! I dey try help am hustle one babalawo wey go help flog him craze commot, so that him go start to post on topic... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by guseman(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Federal government jobs salary is small though pensionable and without much stress unless you are ready to steal
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by micgray100(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was once faced with the situation, I choose the federal job.... And it what it...
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Kai see people dying for a job I want to quit. And nobody has. So far answered the question. Coming from a construction company I guess U r not a medical person so U will be entering at Conhess 7. Ur take home should be btw 105k & 115k. I know u thought its 300k. For ur info a director in the civil service takes home just above 300k, that's after almost 30 years in service. Is that your vision? And get ready to survive without pay for at least d first 3 months (that's how long it takes to get u into the payroll).
Forget FG jobs, this job security rubbish makes U mentally lazy. There was a way the so called insecurity moved me to create my own security when I was in private. But all that disappeared when I became a civil servant, afterall salary will always come. Leaving private to FG is the biggest career mistake I ever made. I'm in the process of unmaking that mistake.

8 Likes

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by sammyj: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Aba bros ......... grin grin grin grin shocked grin grin grin
francizy:

You dey mind sammyj? The guy done craze tay tay!! I dey try help am hustle one babalawo wey go help flog him craze commot, so that him go start to post on topic... cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by fippycbk(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:

Odikwa die..... This dude don vex

Nice signature.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by sunnyblaz: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
olowodaddy:
Kai see people dying for a job I want to quit. And nobody has. So far answered the question. Coming from a construction company I guess U r not a medical person so U will be entering at Conhess 7. Ur take home should be btw 105k & 115k. I know u thought its 300k. For ur info a director in the civil service takes home just above 300k, that's after almost 30 years in service. Is that your vision? And get ready to survive without pay for at least d first 3 months (that's how long it takes to get u into the payroll).
Forget FG jobs, this job security rubbish makes U mentally lazy. There was a way the so called insecurity moved me to create my own security when I was in private. But all that disappeared when I became a civil servant, afterall salary will always come. Leaving private to FG is the biggest career mistake I ever made. I'm in the process of unmaking that mistake.
Director 300k not true 600k yes.
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by ckmayoca: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
Tell me the post u r going for and I will tell u the pay. Level 7 or 8?
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by kinstunfad: 5:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ephemmm:

You applied for a job and you don't know the salary range whether through scrupulous or unscrupulous way and you are here seeking for futile advice instead of embarking on a rigorous research.

Please stop disturbing us with your problem because it will be hard for you to make a right decision when you don't get your fact right. What a lazy man?
I actually did not apply for the Fed govt job, my uncle just thought it wise to inform me of the opening! If I may be interested! And I see it as an opportunity to get closer to my political ambition! Thanks any way for the advice!
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
santosesq1:

Not everything you ask be an adult as you are & do what is wise & best. Ok

Hahahahahahahaha
Re: Should I Quit My Present Job For A Federal Government Job? by Ephemmm: 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
kinstunfad:
I actually did not apply for the Fed govt job, my uncle just thought it wise to inform me of the opening! If I may be interested! And I see it as an opportunity to get closer to my political ambition! Thanks any way for the advice!

Whether your dead grandpa or the ghost of your age-long dead grandma applied for you or not, count it as an opportunity because many might have put their heads and legs in it but to no avail.

Therefore, there is nothing hindering you from conducting the findings whether on line or offline. If you dedicate a day to do your research even by visiting the company or otherwise, there will be a way out.

Please don't make any decision until you get right information: information is the key.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tell Us About Your Experience As A Contract Staff Member (Outsourcing) / Is It Wrong To Study Human Physiology? / Photo Of A Disable Man Plastering A House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.