Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,959 members, 7,803,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:46 AM

Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. (1002 Views)

My Employer Does Not Want Me To Leave - Please Advice Me / Nairalanders advice helped a physically challenged Entrepreneur. Now I’m married / Please Nairalanders Advice Me On Music And Skill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Sochimaobim(m): 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good afternoon nairalanders, I will be plain and truthful with my post here hoping to get the best advice.
Am youth corper currently serving in Rivers state. I will be passing out by October. As it stands now, am caught up in a kind of limbo. My plan has always been to go straight into pursuit of my Masters degree immediately am done with my Nysc. This is also the plan of my senior brother who saw me through school. He wants me to further my education since nobody in my family, both extended , toed the academic line. They are all into business and are all comfortable. Average at least. So my dream has always been to be the difference since am the last born. And God be blessed, i am comfortably above average, talking about academics.
Now, just few months ago, my best friend since secondary school who left for China immediately after our secondary school called me with a proposal. Its good u knw dt this guy is also like a bro to me. We were always in contact and he always made sure dt i lacked nothing all through my days in school. if there s anything like 'more than friends' ,then dts what we are. He has never hidden the fact dt God is blessing him from me. Just to hit the point, he s a rich boy. He deals on wears.....clothes, shoes, watches etc. So this my guy called me saying dt he wants to open a boutique in Nigeria. Dt he wants me to manage it. Not as his manager but as a co owner. We have not really discussed the details but he said ' I will like u to open up another thing in ur name within a year or two of starting this business, or u can open other branches which now be urs'.
So Pls, I need to be advised on this situation. Pls bear in mind dt i trust this guy totally, so the idea of him betraying me should not be an issue here.
If u are in support of me going for the biz, I d like u to suggest a good city for me to open up boutique business in Naija.
Greetings once again...
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by raayah(f): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
You can work and school at the same time. Hire a trusted person to work at the shop while you are in classes and take over when you are free!!
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Cutehector(m): 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sochimaobim:
Good afternoon nairalanders, I will be plain and truthful with my post here hoping to get the best advice.
Am youth corper currently serving in Rivers state. I will be passing out by October. As it stands now, am caught up in a kind of limbo. My plan has always been to go straight into pursuit of my Masters degree immediately am done with my Nysc. This is also the plan of my senior brother who saw me through school. He wants me to further my education since nobody in my family, both extended , toed the academic line. They are all into business and are all comfortable. Average at least. So my dream has always been to be the difference since am the last born. And God be blessed, i am comfortably above average, talking about academics.
Now, just few months ago, my best friend since secondary school who left for China immediately after our secondary school called me with a proposal. Its good u knw dt this guy is also like a bro to me. We were always in contact and he always made sure dt i lacked nothing all through my days in school. if there s anything like 'more than friends' ,then dts what we are. He has never hidden the fact dt God is blessing him from me. Just to hit the point, he s a rich boy. He deals on wears.....clothes, shoes, watches etc. So this my guy called me saying dt he wants to open a boutique in Nigeria. Dt he wants me to manage it. Not as his manager but as a co owner. We have not really discussed the details but he said ' I will like u to open up another thing in ur name within a year or two of starting this business, or u can open other branches which now be urs'.
So Pls, I need to be advised on this situation. Pls bear in mind dt i trust this guy totally, so the idea of him betraying me should not be an issue here.
If u are in support of me going for the biz, I d like u to suggest a good city for me to open up boutique business in Naija.
Greetings once again...
open it in owerri
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by jaybee3(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
You can open the first shop in the uni you plan to attend, no?

If that's going to prove challenging then rent a shop and restrict your involvement to supervising sales and monitoring inventory whenever you have classes since you aren't expected to be in school 9-6 pm 7 days a week

You basically have to kill two birds with one stone
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Sochimaobim(m): 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
open it in owerri
Thanks bro. But why? If i may ask.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Cutehector(m): 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sochimaobim:

Thanks bro. But why? If i may ask.
cuz d cirry is fast developing
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Sochimaobim(m): 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
jaybee3:
You can open the first shop in the uni you plan to attend, no?

If that's going to prove challenging then rent a shop and restrict your involvement to supervising sales and monitoring inventory whenever you have classes since you aren't expected to be in school 9-6 pm 7 days a week

You basically have to kill two birds with one stone
Thanks bro but the truth is dt considering the amount of money he wants to invest in the biz, it will require my whole attention full time.
Especially now dt it is just beginning. I dont its cool putting someone else if i will not be there steady. And again, am the type of psn who believe dt anything worth doing is worth doing well... So i wana decide one and put in my best in it.
but i will still consider ur advice carefully.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Sochimaobim(m): 2:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Cutehector:
cuz d cirry is fast developing
ok bro. I will look into dt. Assuming i decide to start the biz. Tnx alot.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Samyj247: 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
my verdict; if u a graduate with good grade, go for your masters. Remember that even if u start a boutique business, you will not be the only seller bcus that bizz is highly competitive, I am not saying that the biz will fail o, bt it myt nt b dat big as u thnk. But inorder to save d friendship, tell your friend that u have accepted the offer, then look for someone that u can trust nd put d person there, bt u will b going their at times to check how d buz is doing. Go for ur dreams.....ur dream is to further ur edu..... baddoo have said it gbam
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Sochimaobim(m): 11:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Samyj247:
my verdict; if u a graduate with good grade, go for your masters. Remember that even if u start a boutique business, you will not be the only seller bcus that bizz is highly competitive, I am not saying that the biz will fail o, bt it myt nt b dat big as u thnk. But inorder to save d friendship, tell your friend that u have accepted the offer, then look for someone that u can trust nd put d person there, bt u will b going their at times to check how d buz is doing. Go for ur dreams.....ur dream is to further ur edu..... baddoo have said it gbam
Thanks alot bro!! U really helped.
Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by Samyj247: 4:33am On Aug 21, 2015
Sochimaobim:

Thanks alot bro!! U really helped.
ur education will bring u money moneyyyyyyyy belvvvvvvv.....BADOOOO HAVE SAID IT, GBAM.

1 Like

Re: Please Nairalanders, Advice Me. by guseman(m): 4:55am On Aug 21, 2015
You have nothing to lose since you are not investing anything but it will be a shame if you messed up someone's capital.

You can do business and go to school. All you need is proper management of your time and resources.

(1) (Reply)

Ican November 2015 Induction Ceremony / Are You Around Lekki, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Eti-Osa and Environment? / I Ran Into Trouble After Quitting Mortuary Job In The US – Oyekoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.