Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge (44019 Views)

35 Jostle For Ooni Stool From Giesi Ruling House / “The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / How The Next Ooni Will Emerge – Priest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:02pm On Aug 20, 2015
largehead:
Can i contest?

As Miss Abobaku, yes.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by tempex88(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
jkj
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by tivta(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
The chief priest don hammer...

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by gunnykid(m): 4:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
the battle has just begun`
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by iamauxin(m): 4:06pm On Aug 20, 2015
What happens when d gods do not pick one of the contenders and pick a pauper in d street... smiley kiss cry undecided
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by harbeedaymee(f): 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2015
This is misinformtion. Sir Adesoji Aderemi was NOT from the Giesi ruling family. The Giesi family should have produced the last Ooni but were robbed by Ooni Sijuwade who used his influence to usurp the rightful claimant to the throne. The Giesi family are set to produce the next Ooni smiley smiley smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by SmartMugu: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abduletudaye:
[size=15pt]I thought his son was the heir?? Why competitors abi contenders again? undecided[/size]
They have 4 ruling houses, and the Ooni title is rotated amongst all 4.
I'm surprised there are some octogenarians in the list, who would want to be the Abobaku for someone in their 80s? Lol

Let's hope the Oracle will choose someone in their 30s or 40s, and some contemporary ideas can be leveraged.

I'm surprised they mentioned someone still goes around with a gong making announcements; that stuff is really old school. Why not use radios, newspapers, twitter etc? Or worse scenario, a megaphone? Ife has advanced from its primitive days, it's 2015.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by olutunde12(m): 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
Whay does the reporter mean by an ' ex' king' college graduate? Can somebody be an "EX" graduate of a school? or was his certificate revoked by the college?

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Fianze93(m): 4:28pm On Aug 20, 2015
Omaba Race
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by SmartMugu: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
harbeedaymee:
This is misinformtion. Sir Adesoji Aderemi was NOT from the Giesi ruling family. The Giesi family should have produced the last Ooni but were robbed by Ooni Sijuwade who used his influence to usurp the rightful claimant to the throne. The Giesi family are set to produce the next Ooni smiley smiley smiley
I thought they said the former Ooni before Sijuade (Aderemi) was from the Giesi family. Are you saying only the Giesi's are entitled to the Ooni throne?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by SmartMugu: 4:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
tivta:
The chief priest don hammer...
Yup. Afterwards no one will hear about him again until the next Ooni dies. So, it's his time to shine.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by CharlieMaria(m): 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
largehead:
Can i contest?

Eleda Mi o
I suggest you contest for the Abobaku.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by thundafire: 4:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
oba of Benin dy hereditary but which kind rituals go take place wen he die nd hw many deity dy benin oo cs Ooni own go be child's play wen dat tym comes
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by harbeedaymee(f): 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
SmartMugu:

I thought they said the former Ooni before Sijuade (Aderemi) was from the Giesi family. Are you saying only the Giesi's are entitled to the Ooni throne?
No. There are four ruling families in Ife. The Giesi family should have been the last one because it is on rotational basis. The Ogboru family (which Sijuwade is from) should have been the next while the Giesi should have been the last. But Sijuwade used his money and influence to fast-track his family's turn hence the decision of the kingmakers to make him king. So the turn which the Giesi family should have had in 1980 is what they are having now. Comprendo? cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Talk2bryant(m): 4:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
Who cares about what happens to these South West people and their silly compatriots with their corresponding uselessness.
Nothing gud can ever come from a yoruba man.
May the most high fire down your generation with thunder..oloshi radarada

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by tivta(m): 4:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
SmartMugu:

Yup. Afterwards no one will hear about him again until the next Ooni dies. So, it's his time to shine.
Na so...
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
lalasticlala:

Days after the late Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade’s remains was interred at the Palace, the succession battle to fill the void has began in earnest. And this is because major contenders to the throne are beginning to emerge. City People gathered that powerful sons and daughters of Ile-Ife have started putting heads together with one thing in mind… who becomes the next King? Our correspondent gathered that the kingmakers, through the Ifa Oracle will be relied upon to supply the name of the new Ooni, as tradition demands. City People reliably gathered that the battle for succession has been narrowed down to the Ademiluyi Royal Family in the town regarded as the cradle of humanity by the Yoruba. There are four ruling houses in Ile-Ife, namely Lafogido, Giesi, Ogbooru and Osinkola. The Ademiluyis are the main branch of the Osinkola dynasty. While Oba Okunade Sijuwade is from the Ogboru ruling house, his predecessor, Oba Adesoji Aderemi, was from Giesi ruling house.

http://citypeople.com.ng/i/meet-contenders-to-the-ooni-stool/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=meet-contenders-to-the-ooni-stool
City people must be crazy. Ademiluyi are from Lafogigo.
Aderemi's are from Oshinkola. And there are many more contenders apart from those listed up there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
harbeedaymee:

No. There are four ruling families in Ife. The Giesi family should have been the last one because it is on rotational basis. The Ogboru family (which Sijuwade is from) should have been the next while the Giesi should have been the last. [s]But Sijuwade used his money and influence to fast-track his family's turn hence the decision of the kingmakers to make him king[/s]. So the turn which the Giesi family should have had in 1980 is what they are having now. Comprendo? cheesy cheesy cheesy
False. Sijuwade wasnt even the richest contender back then if it was all about money.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
ManTiger:
I wonder if the Contenders will be giving dollars to the priest to favour them like Jonathan did during the last election!

#JustSaying.
sure, dollars would fly about but the chiefs go just chop and clean mouth just like the time of GEJ, and still choose whoever the oracle select.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by rhymesteey(f): 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Who is this born throw away now...... U re so full of bitterness cho........ Ogene biko.......
themosthigh:
Who cares about what happens to these South West people and their silly compatriots with their corresponding uselessness.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by shrimati(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2015
harbeedaymee:
You are right. He was from Oshinkola. If tradition is to be followed, the next Ooni should come from Giesi family. seems the writer mixed somethings up.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by udysweet(f): 5:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
Wetin,u wan apply for the post ni? No be now u apply finish,dey enjoy all d perks of d job,then wen time reach u go do change of name to "tan'feku"lmao!
Don't mind me o,jus kidding!
dunkem21:
Abobaku nko

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by missKiffy(f): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:
Nothing good will come from your generation

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by DTOBS(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abduletudaye:
[size=15pt]I thought his son was the heir?? Why competitors abi contenders again? undecided[/size]
heir ke? Can't you read it that 4Houses produce Ooni? so wen one dies,the next filling house produce d next one. in short,dis is to say that it is rotational not family inheritance...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
shrimati:
You are right. He was from Oshinkola. If tradition is to be followed, the next Ooni should come from Giesi family. seems the writer mixed somethings up.
How
if it's by tradition, kindly tell us why in the history of Ife, Ogboru has produced 2 Ooni, Oshinkola 3, giesi 6 and Lafogido 7. Also, in the last 100 years, why has Ogboru produced 2 kings with just 2 ruling houses in between their reign.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by aviazuva: 5:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Mystiqme:
This list is fake, my name isn't there.

Check the ABOBAKU list na

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by teamchocolate: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ur a contradiction, nairaland on which u air ur stupid view was created by a yoruba man... better go and take ur drugs.. ode!!
themosthigh:

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by robay(m): 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:

U we not live long for insulting yoruba tribe

1 Like

Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by klax(m): 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
themosthigh:

Haba, ogene, na wetin How does this be your problem you are not from their tribe how does this concerns you for God sake look at how you insulted them without any insult thrown at you. Pls you are from which tribe Bro biko you disgust me from this moment on. I noted you down right now. I just started hating you from today.
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by Abobaku1: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2015
thundafire:
oba of Benin dy hereditary but which kind rituals go take place wen he die nd hw many deity dy benin oo cs Ooni own go be child's play wen dat tym comes

If you are in benin , when last did you see or hear from the oba? Did you notice that the massive land at uselu has been cleared ? Find out wat that means!
Re: Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge by SexySapphire(f): 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
This list isn't even complete. There are still some people that are gunning for the throne that aren't mentioned. The tussle has gone beyond what is expected to the extent that some of them are starting to share gifts such as transformers as if indigenes are going to vote. They don carry politics enter culture. I just pray that the best man that will uplift the glory of my town and move it to the next level will be chosen.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Did You Called This Animal In Your Local Language ? (pictures ) / Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi / Olu Of Warri's Crown Stolen, Police Declares Two Princes Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.