Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. - Jobs/Vacancies (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. (138786 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Apply For 2017 Chevening Scholarship For Masters Studies In The United Kingdom / 2016 CHEVENING MSC SCHOLARSHIPS IN UK UNIVERSITIES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Firefly77: 6:26am On Jul 27, 2016
soulhighman:

Which school are you heading to and which course. A CSC scholar here.

Hi I'm heading to LSHTM, University of London, my course is One Health (Infectious diseases).
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 7:37am On Jul 27, 2016
Firefly77:

Hi I'm heading to LSHTM, University of London, my course is One Health (Infectious diseases).
Mine is university of the west of Scotland, biotechnology. Have you been mailed about your FAL?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by vendor(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
soulhighman:

Congrats. I hope to meet you and faraday62 in the UK as I'm on the verge of winning the Commonwealth shared scholarship. Nominated by my school of choice and only awaiting confirmation of award letter from CSC. Congrats once again.

Hey congrats bro. I was also nominated for this year's CSSSS. Still waiting for Confirmation of Award Letter. Can you send me your functional email address?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by soulhighman(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
vendor:

Hey congrats bro. I was also nominated for this year's CSSSS. Still waiting for Confirmation of Award Letter. Can you send me your functional email address?
Wow, I never knew.Meanwhile, we even have a WhatsApp group. My email
So I can get you added to the group.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by purpleribbon(f): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2016
@nevergiveup1 @Firefly77 @soulhighman day everyone. Congratulations too all the chevening scholars, I am sure you guys are studying in luxury.
The next chevening scholarship award is on from 8th August and I would appreciate if I can get a "mentor" from this group. I applied last year but I was received an email that made me sad. I really need to go for my masters. I need help with essays most especially. Thank you in advance.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 08, 2016
Wow didn't even know a thread for last year applicants existed. Congrats to those who were picked too. Also have a thread if you check my profile on this year chevening scholarship and everything you need to know plus some other scholarships program you could apply for also.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by sirbone007(m): 8:44am On Aug 10, 2016
The part I don't like is the one that says you have to go back to your country and stay 2 years after the one year masters
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by puffynana(m): 8:52am On Aug 10, 2016
Hello house,
I overheard from someone that a 2-2 nigerian graduate can apply for the scholarship. I want someone who has seen or applied with a 2-2 share their experience.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Matrix07: 11:01am On Aug 10, 2016
hello..I heard that one has to stay 2years in d country after masters..Pls is it very very compulsory? is there any fine for not ddoing dt?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by wroskian(m): 11:14am On Aug 10, 2016
puffynana:
Hello house,
I overheard from someone that a 2-2 nigerian graduate can apply for the scholarship. I want someone who has seen or applied with a 2-2 share their experience.
If you're referring to Chevening Scholarship, then that information is incorrect as the minimum qualification to be eligible is a 2.1. Visit Chevening.org for more details. CHEERS.

Sparklebaby, please I'm still expecting your mail. Thanks.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by swaggprofessor(m): 11:29am On Aug 10, 2016
pls, while filling the education details I got confused about what to fill in the course title, because I have already filled the course I studied in degree details n I don't know what to put in the course details pls I need your advice house.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by 4dankey: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2016
All those that have being successful last year, should advice us on what to do. Please we need advice and help on how to start the process.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by IbnIbrahim: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
swaggprofessor:
pls, while filling the education details I got confused about what to fill in the course title, because I have already filled the course I studied in degree details n I don't know what to put in the course details pls I need your advice house.
I think they are similiar.You can fill in the course you studied at undergraduate level.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Firefly77: 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2016
If you need help with your application, I'll suggest you like this facebook page "Applicants for chevening scholarship"
You can ask your questions there and receive advice from scholars and other applicants. I may not be able to provide individual assistance as I am busy with Visa applications and other preparations right now, but I'll advise that you follow all instructions, be truthful in your essays, make sure you have solid reasons for your choice of course and university and make sure this is reflected in your essays. Tell them why you are a leader and give as many leadership scenarios as possible. You don't have to be old to have leadership skills, I am 25, this is my first trial and I still got the scholarship, so you can do it.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Miracle212(f): 4:55am On Aug 14, 2016
swaggprofessor:
Pls did you see where to make your application after you registered & logged in?
The only option saw on application centre is application made, didn't see where to start a fresh app.
Pls anyone experiencing such
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by swaggprofessor(m): 6:38am On Aug 14, 2016
Miracle212:

Pls did you see where to make your application after you registered & logged in?
The only option saw on application centre is application made, didn't see where to start a fresh app.
Pls anyone experiencing such
you will see your application name at the top left corner,click on the application status above it n it will review some options then click on status review then it will display ur progress tracker
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
I wrote my final exams in July and my convocation is in March next year. Am i eligible to apply for this program? I have four years of part time work experience which exceeds the minimum work hours required by Chevening.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Agnesgrace(f): 7:04pm On Aug 20, 2016
Please i seriously need help, have been trying to apply for this scholarship but can't get the right site. Please my fellow nairalanders i need the main site.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by dossylvanus(m): 7:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Agnesgrace:
Please i seriously need help, have been trying to apply for this scholarship but can't get the right site. Please my fellow nairalanders i need the main site.

chevening.org/apply

then you select your country from the drop down list, and select the program you are applying to... either scholarship or fellowship... Enjoy

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Gratefulaheart: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Pls guys, what are the priority areas for Nigeria?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by silentdude(m): 10:44pm On Aug 20, 2016
Sambar:

@sparklebaby....will be glad if u could send one to me too stemitope370@gmail.com

plz can you send me a copy of that write up. I'd be glad if could help a broda. "seunspace@gmail.com". Tanx
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Chigojude: 10:56am On Aug 26, 2016
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Akinoriola: 5:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chigojude:
Good a.m guys...please for past Chevening scholars, can anyone be gracious to share the essays on leadership, networking and career plans..etc..... my mail - chigojude@gmail.com .....and any other advise that ll help. I just joined this thread.

same please, here is my email akinoriola07@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by swaggprofessor(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chigojude:
Good a.m guys...please for past Chevening scholars, can anyone be gracious to share the essays on leadership, networking and career plans..etc..... my mail - chigojude@gmail.com .....and any other advise that ll help. I just joined this thread.
Same here pls. etitomichael@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by sholanke2: 7:12pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chigojude:
Please sir can you send for me too, my mail address is godsonrutherford@gmail.com
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Chigojude: 7:37pm On Aug 27, 2016
sholanke2:

Please sir can you send for me too, my mail address is godsonrutherford@gmail.com

bro..I was asking for sample essays...i've not gotten any...once I get I'll holla u
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by dossylvanus(m): 8:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
HABA GUYS. Sample essays? shocked shocked shocked

We can do better than this.. What is so hard in sitting down and thinking about your life and experiences?

By the way, plagiarism is highly frowned upon by the whites...

Ask for guidance in some gray areas, not for the whole essays.

4 Likes

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Chigojude: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2016
dossylvanus:
HABA GUYS. Sample essays? shocked shocked shocked

We can do better than this.. What is so hard in sitting down and thinking about your life and experiences?

By the way, plagiarism is highly frowned upon by the whites...

Ask for guidance in some gray areas, not for the whole essays.

Bro...don't see it in that light, I'm not for plagiarism either. I've written most of my essays, a friend is reviewing for me. Just asked for ideas and tips from past winners.
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by dossylvanus(m): 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chigojude:

Bro...don't see it in that light, I'm not for plagiarism either. I've written most of my essays, a friend is reviewing for me. Just asked for ideas and tips from past winners.

Ok bro... but i know some people DO think that way.

Anyway, good luck with your application.

Which schools are you applying to?
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by Chigojude: 9:04pm On Aug 27, 2016
dossylvanus:

Ok bro... but i know some people DO think that way.
Anyway, good luck with your application.
Which schools are you applying to?
no wahala.... thanks....unis of Portsmouth, Huddersfield and Derby
Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by dossylvanus(m): 9:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Chigojude:

OK Goodluck bro...

1 Like

Re: 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship Applicants. by dossylvanus(m): 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
Chigojude:

who is proof-reading your essays?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (34) (Reply)

Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies / Ten Tough Interview Questions And Ten Great Answers / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.