Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? (54450 Views)

"She Lied To Me For Six Years" Heartbroken Man Cries Out After DNA Result / Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / I Discovered My Wife Lied About Her Age After 3 Years Of Our Marriage. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Quashman(m): 4:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
[quote author=ladyF post=37159092]Chai dis one worse pass football age scam

If we check her wella, she go family "diego costa" for chelsea fc(da 1 sef b lyk hazard papa)..their matta similar ganni..
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by sweatlana: 4:33pm On Aug 21, 2015
All the men here are just talking trash as of they have never lied to their spouse before.

If the topic was: MY HUSBAND HAD CHILDREN WITH ANOTHER WOMAN WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE, what would be your advise be to the woman?? Specially if she says the man is loving and so on.

My brother forgive that woman and move on.

Focus on the bright side, the fact that you have a good wife. Those who are telling you to divorce her are not married cos no person who has a good marriage would advise you to throw that away.

REMEMBER GOD'S FORGIVENESS IS CONTIGENT ON US FORGIVING OTHERS...

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Gurgle(f): 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:

Sarcastic as in mockery, mock or convey contempt? No way. If you were very observant, you did discover that so many many people here got the age of a thing wrong, only few persons got it right in their analysis. I got an average grade in Maths as well during my SSCE Exams. But I think I deserved more because I loved Mathematics and made it one of hobbies up till to day.
I bash people on NL so to say, I must also comment when people impress me in my area of interest. interest

Ok I understand you smiley

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by vimo3: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2015
OP - the best marriage counsel usually come from older experienced couples not young unmarried inexperienced individuals.

Nairaland appears to be populated by young inexperienced individuals - heck a lot of commenters are still university students! So please note that it is risky and unwise to rely on their advise.

Regarding your wife, any older couple will tell you that there have been one or two issues that rocked the foundation of their marriage. Only the couple know about it. So my dear, yours will not be the worst.

I suggest you forgive from the depth of your heart and rebuild your trust for her Like many successful couples have had to do again and again.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Cityguy: 6:18pm On Aug 21, 2015
Forgive her, take time off work both of you to heal, focus more on her positives and work towards having your kids cos I don't see any impossibility there. God blessed a family with three sets of twins after 17yrs of waiting. You never can tell what you would run into in your quest for a child from other women. Patience man, your miracle might just be a night away.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by munas: 6:45pm On Aug 21, 2015
Cityguy:
Forgive her, take time off work both of you to heal, focus more on her positives and work towards having your kids cos I don't see any impossibility there. God blessed a family with three sets of twins after 17yrs of waiting. You never can tell what you would run into in your quest for a child from other women. Patience man, your miracle might just be a night away.

The woman has no positive side whatever....all attributes she is putting up is just to stay married to a younger man and keep the man glued to her....its all pretence.I have been in marriage for 10yrs and i know what is obtainable.
If he is my brother,i will make sure the pretender of a woman leaves the house.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Fourwinds: 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Mcleo007:
That marriage should be rendered null and void. It was built on lies and was already dead on arrival. I'd sue her if I were you and claim damages. She doesn't love you, don't be deceived; she used you/took advantage of you to get married.
my opinion too
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by GboGboAye: 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2015
crisycent:
I understand exactly what your going through. I was dating a girl a few years ago and she made me believe I was older and all that, I have always suspected because whenever we have issues, she handles it in a mature manner that after my outburst I feel like I'm childish. .... For more than 3 months, I couldn't sleep with her because I thought she was using my blood to freshen up.[color=#000099][/color]
LMAAOOOO!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by munas: 7:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
vimo3:
OP - the best marriage counsel usually come from older experienced couples not young unmarried inexperienced individuals.

Nairaland appears to be populated by young inexperienced individuals - heck a lot of commenters are still university students! So please note that it is risky and unwise to rely on their advise.

Regarding your wife, any older couple will tell you that there have been one or two issues that rocked the foundation of their marriage. Only the couple know about it. So my dear, yours will not be the worst.

I suggest you forgive from the depth of your heart and rebuild your trust for her Like many successful couples have had to do again and again.

Your response to his simply shows that you are not married and you are still looking at marriage from the infatuation angle.
How can one marry his elder sister...a supposed grand mother who lied about her age for four good years just to be married and open her legs for her younger brother to remain in the scam?

A woman in menopause tricked a man into marrying her and you are here talking about forgiveness...

Change your orientation for good

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Fourwinds: 7:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
sonofananimal:
SO YOU WANT MAKE THE OP BECOME FATHER ABRAHAM ABI grin grin grin

AND HE WIFE GO PLAY THE ROLE OF SARAH grin grin

OP!! IF YOU LISTEN TO THIS GUY AND HIS LIKES, YOU ARE A LIVING DEAD MAN!
abeg no kill me with laugh ooooo
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Fourwinds: 7:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
munas:

The woman has no positive side whatever....all attributes she is putting up is just to stay married to a younger man and keep the man glued to her....its all pretence.I have been in marriage for 10yrs and i know what is obtainable.
If he is my brother,i will make sure the pretender of a woman leaves the house.
brilliant view
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by kunlejazz(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2015
melodies:
If the tables were turned and you were the one needing forgiveness and a listening ear, would you ask these questions? You r not the first man with an older wife in Africa! Don't subject your wife to mockery for nothing. Be kind!

Please in this situation, childbearing could b risky, adoption remains d option. Some biological kids turned out to murder their parents, while some adopted became d cornerstone of the parents. I wish you all d best in your decision.

Smh...
Bros, i don't know what to say you. You have said all of these but have refused to address the crux of the matter; the fact that she lied. Or don't you see that as an issue?
Yes, forgiveness is key i know but this isn't lying about how many boyfriends she's had. This is a lethal lie!

You know the craziest thing?
SHE WOULD PROBABLY NEVER HAVE CONFESSED IF CHILDBEARING HAD NOT BECOME AN ISSUE!
Think about that. You live all your life, married to someone and go to your grave a fool...

@OP
I feel your pain and I also say you forgive her as that is not debatable, but not without making her realize the degree of damage she'd done.

Adopt children and move on. I'm really sorry for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by vimo3: 10:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
Z
munas:

Your response to his simply shows that you are not married and you are still looking at marriage from the infatuation angle.
How can one marry his elder sister...a supposed grand mother who lied about her age for four good years just to be married and open her legs for her younger brother to remain in the scam?

A woman in menopause tricked a man into marrying her and you are here talking about forgiveness...

Change your orientation for good

My dear, you are the one who sounds immature and unmarried. Else you will know what I say about long married couples is absolutely true.

OP, please be careful. The advise people are giving, they will not do in similar situations. Some have very unhappy lives due to relying on bad counsel.

Just For the record, I am married sir!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 22, 2015
hamzeiy:
story...which kind stupid love is that....he should go and remarry pls....why should he live a fruitless life because of one old lier that knew fully well she is approaching menopause...oh pls..lets be fair..love is not everything...

Bros...I had a colleague here in Lagos,who took delivery of a pair o Twins at the age of 45...her first kids...!!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
whao:

My friend, think and think again!

What if he is the one at menopause due to sin he has committed in the past and the devil want to use it against him? Don't forget he himself didn't undergo fertility test but blaming the wife for helping with some lope hold.

I don't believe the problem is from the wife but the husband. You can be young and still can't impregnate a woman, I wish you advice him to check himself rather saying those scrap of not taking shiiit;

If you re' a believer you will know age 47 is not a barrier to having children, Sarah the wife of Abraham had hers at age 90, Hannah and others even here in Nigeria had theirs at late age!

Don't spoil their wonderful home filled with true love and care for just children that re' coming till they tell God its enough.
Let him not marry another lady that ll give him thorn to life and restless peace just because of lack of patience.

Do you know what it means to have a wife who truly love you, cares for you and stand by you despite the odd? Ask a married man who wish never to have married by having the wrong woman and you will praise God and telling the #op to kneel and pray rather than getting a replace.

#teampraytoGod and #checkyourfertility

Well said. kiss

Only a dumb nigga thinks age contribute to infertility.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
If the lady was 35 or younger and STILL have issues with gestation then what?

What excuses would you then create? There are solutions to your issues but as an African man you won't adhere to them...so you continue crying and bishing until you have realized that God is the giver of babies and what you sow, you will definitely reap.

Everything isn't about YOU.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2015
sonofananimal:
HIS PASTOR IS RIGHT BECAUSE HE IS NOT IN HIS SHOE BUT RATHER SITTING AND EATING OFFERING MONEY.

THE TIME THAT PASTOR CHRIST DIVORCE HIS WIFE, NO BODY EVEN TALK ABOUT IT, NOT EVEN THE CHURCH BUT LET CLASSIFY IT AS FAMILY MISUNDERSTANDING.

HYPOCRITES, HYPOCRITES,

WAS HE NOT THE ONE WHO IS PREACHING NOT TO DIVORCE undecided

HYPOCRITES, HYPOCRITES!!!

PASTOR THIS PASTOR THAT PASTOR SAID.

HYPOCRITES, HYPOCRITES!!

YOU PEOPLE MAY TALK BUT DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS LIKE TO BE DECEIVE BY LOVE.
Don't mind them!! Same followers that supported Chris and now telling him that divorce is unGodly.
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:
If the lady was 35 or younger and STILL have issues with gestation then what?

What excuses would you then create? There are solutions to your issues but as an African man you won't adhere to them...so you continue crying and bishing until you have realized that God is the giver of babies and what you sow, you will definitely reap.

Everything isn't about YOU.
Nope! There is something called menopause that gets in the way of making babies.. He's complaining because she got scammed by the woman. Everything is about being honest and having babies!! same way u would have reacted if ur husband showed u his friend's home as his only to find out that he's still lives with his mom.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Well said. kiss

Only a dumb nigga thinks age contribute to infertility.
Only sophisticated and wilfully ignorant offers a piece of advice like this from an abysmal pit of misinformation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Only sophisticated and wilfully ignorant offers a (the piece of advice like this from an abysmal pit of misinformation

Whao(the poster I quoted)...you see what a thrown rock do? grin grin

Works everytime! wink

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Nope! There is something called menopause that gets in the way of making babies.. He's complaining because she got scammed by the woman. Everything is about being honest and having babies!! same way u would have reacted if ur husband showed u his friend's home as his only to find out that he's still lives with his mom.

Let me know when OP answers my questions unless you are the said guy. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2015
vimo3:
Z

My dear, you are the one who sounds immature and unmarried. Else you will know what I say about long married couples is absolutely true.

OP, please be careful. The advise people are giving, they will not do in similar situations. Some have very unhappy lives due to relying on bad counsel.

Just For the record, I am married sir!

Single and unmarried folks are so quick to tell you watch it is like to be married. How can one know for something they haven't experienced? Some would tell you I have seen married couple through life which isn't the same as being married through life.

A moment ago, a man had the nerves to tell me what a woman goes through. undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Single and unmarried folks are so quick to tell you watch it is like to be married. How can one know for something they haven't experienced? Some would tell you I have seen married couple through life which isn't the same as being married through life.

A moment ago, a man had the nerves to tell me what a woman goes through. undecided
It's better to be single and unmarried than to be in this poo! This is a sham not marriage.The man has signed up to be in perpetual agony so long as he's in this marriage.. This is a pre-marital problem per say cos the man could chosen to go a head or not
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

It's better to be single and unmarried than to be in this poo! This is a sham not marriage.The man has signed up to be in perpetual agony so long as he's in this marriage.. This is a pre-marital problem per say cos the man could chosen to go a head or not

It is not by force to get or be married. wink

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 2:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Let me know when OP answers my questions unless you are the said guy. lipsrsealed
I'm waaaaay toooo strategic and meticulous to be in this poo.. U needn't to tell me ur age but the years u graduated primary schoo,high school and university for me to know ur age.. +-2yrs of accuracy not 7 yrs..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

It is not by force to get or be married. wink
Yes, but to be wilfully deceptive in getting someone to marry u is marriage fraud..technically, manipulative force was used in this case!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

Yes, but to be wilfully deceptive in getting someone to marry u is marriage fraud..technically, manipulative force was used in this case!

I must have missed that part where he has said he was held by gunpoint.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

I'm waaaaay toooo strategic and meticulous to be in this poo.. U needn't to tell me ur age but the years u graduated primary schoo,high school and university for me to know ur age.. +-2yrs of accuracy not 7 yrs..

Give me some of what you are smoking. I bet it is good too! lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

I must have missed that part where he has said he was held by gunpoint.

because u r oblivious to the stark difference b/w divorce and annulment-- this case qualifies for the later..

1 Like

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by MrsChima(f): 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2015
adconline:

because u r oblivious to the stark difference b/w divorce and annulment-- this case qualifies for the later..

The bottom line is he is not forced to be married if he chooses not to be married.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

Give me some of what you are smoking. I bet it is good too! lipsrsealed
Forever going to be like page 404 puzzle to ur encephalon..#GoogleCantHelpU
Re: My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? by adconline(m): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2015
MrsChima:

The bottom line is he is not forced to be married if he chooses not to be married.
Bottom line, is that marriage can easily be annulled since it was fraudulently entered into by one of the parties while real marriage involves two consenting participants in GOOD FAITH

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meet Phil The Mature Man Who Like To Dress Like A Baby(pics/vieo) / This Little Boy Perfectly Imitates His Father's Palour Posture / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.