Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,941 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation (13752 Views)

9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President / 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration – Group (punch) / List Of People EFCC Have Invited For Questioning Since Buhari Became President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by spellingcheck(m): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
Nairaland.... I am begging you. Now we have peace in Nigeria and the government /our patriotic military are working hard to eliminate insurgency from the country. Please let us support them by hiding this kind on news. It is not relevant at this point in time. When the terrorist read things like this, they get encouraged and lay more attacks... We want change and change has come. We must also support change so that change can give us change....

I WILL start hiding this type of news when your monika no longer functions, that is, when you are among the dead

1 Like

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by adenine02: 8:19pm On Aug 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:
This is why I wail cry cry cry cry

Call me a wailingwailer if you like

You'll be the worst enemy of Nigeria if you don't wail at this news cry cry cry

D u remember hw many pple were killed a day b4 dis pix was takin?

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by adenine02: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
Trailblazer1:

I'm the chief wailingwailer cry cry cry cry

I thought a former General will deal decisively with bokoharam, but alas, its the same clueless story.

We are left to our own fate in a sorry state.
I wail cry cry cry cry cry

D u remember hw many pple wer kill a day b4 dis pix was taken

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 21, 2015
And how many were killed during Jonathan's reign
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by darlenese(f): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2015
Ahmed4002:
angry

Some of you just sit there smoking
And some are already sold.

What's this one saying undecided
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
Nairaland.... I am begging you. Now we have peace in Nigeria and the government /our patriotic military are working hard to eliminate insurgency from the country. Please let us support them by hiding this kind on news. It is not relevant at this point in time. When the terrorist read things like this, they get encouraged and lay more attacks... We want change and change has come. We must also support change so that change can give us change....

It's not your fault. It's because you haven't lost any
family members in any of these crisis. If you have, the last thing you will say is it should be hidden.

1 Like

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by omolami: 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
More still to die more. Buhari a terrorist. Nigeria in trouble
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by BraniacX(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

I will hide it when if you become a victim

Till then ......... I wail embarassed
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by BraniacX(m): 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
Decibel:
That's a blatant lie from media. It is over 4000 people for the past 80days with a statistical mean of 50persons/day. What a sad moment !

Sauce please
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
Some people are saying we are seeing change whereas it's more talk less action.
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
So you are implying we should not wail in a situation like this? Wailing continua!
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Emmafrancis: 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
Would u have said this when GEJ was in power? Of course not.
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Eluwilussit(m): 9:10pm On Aug 21, 2015
ChaleeBendel:
Boko haram have become unstoppable.

Abeg o, stop that joke! angry angry angry
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 9:25pm On Aug 21, 2015
kenny987:

Seriously?! So Nigerians should not hear the truth anymore so as not to 'encourage' more attacks? What about those attacked? How do u think they would feel if their stories are muzzled and there is no public outcry against what they are facing? And that is the change u preach? The change that has come? I am ashamed on your behalf and this is you being a patriotic Nigerian?!
Hello dear... Dont be ashamed on my behalf because I strongly believe and stand by my comment just mentioned by you. Okay let me analyze things for you. Please take time to read to the end.
I am a born Christian, the most loved son and first born of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am also a patriotic Nigerian. In 2011, I saw the hand of God lifting GEJ to deliver Nigerian from all its troubles and attrocities... I was the number 1 Gej fan in this year. However, immediately he won the elections, I observed in his four years leadership, he never seeked the face of God before making decisions. He is a very good and humble man; however, he ruled Nigerian with his own human wisdom and ability which is an error before God. He didn't take decisions when crucial decisions were to be taken and took so many costly decisions that lead to the growth of Bokoharam insurgents. Bokoharam grew under his watch and became amongst the world's most deadly sect. Over 13,000 innocent Nigerians were murdered in cold blood under his watch.

Now back to Buhari. He is a muslim and I choose to give him 100% support against GEJ whom is my Christian brother because Jesus would love even a pagan whom will serve his children with the fear of God so that His name be glorified. Buhari sofar inherented the challanges of poor governance from GEJ and bokoharam increased killings of innocent Nigerians immediately buhari took over just to show some fake audacity that Buhari cant eliminate them. So far, I commend the efforts of the Nigerian military and I encourage every patriotic Nigerian to support and encourage the Nigerian military so that collectively we can defeat and flush away terrorism from our land. Yes news like this encourages the sects to fight more. Buhari has show so far his willingness to put an end to BH and so lets all keep sentiments aside and give him full support for the interest of our dear country Nigeria and unity of our fatherland as Nigeria is not a church nor a mosque. We are one Nigerians and we must be our brothers keeper irrespective of religion, region or ethnicity.

I pledge to support PMB to eliminate the predicaments of Nigeria. PMB dont disappoint Nigerians because we believe alot in you and God has given you the chance to liberate his children from poverty and shame....

God bless PMB, God bless Nigeria, God bless Africa.
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

Your god brought us here. undecided

No weapons were purchased for the Nigerian Military since 2006 - Alex Badeh, GEJ's Chief of Defense Staff

The Alpha jets we have were bought in 1981 - Alex Badeh
Are u happy with ds news??
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by kenny987(f): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by kenny987(f): 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Hello dear... Dont be ashamed on my behave because I strongly believe and stand by my comment just mentioned by you. Okay let me analyse things for you. Please take time to read to the end. I am a born Christian, the most loved son and first born of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am also a patriotic Nigerian. In 2011, I saw the hand of God lifting GEJ to deliver Nigerian from all its troubles and attrocities... I was the number 1 Gej fan in this year. However, immediately he won the elections, I observed in his four years leadership that he never seeked the face of God before making decisions. He is a very good and humble man; however, he ruled Nigerian with his own human wisdom. He didn't take decisions when crucial decisions were to be taken and took somany costly decisions that lead to the growth of Bokoharam insurgents. Bokoharam grew under his watch and became amongst the world's most deadly sect. over 13,000 innocnt Nigerians were murdered in cold blood under his watch. Now back to Buhari. He is a muslim and I choose to give him 100% support against GEJ whom is my Christian brother because Jesus would love even a pagan whom will serve his children with the fear of Go so that His name be glorified. Buhari sofar inherented the challanges of poor governance from GEJ and bokoharam increased killings of innocent Nigerians immediately buhari took over. So far, I commend the efforts of the Nigerian military and I encourage every patriotic Nigerian to support and encourage the Nigerian military so that collectively we can defeat and flush away terrorism from our land. Yes news like this encourages the sects to fight more. Buhari has show so far his willingness to put an end to BH and so lets all keep sentiments aside and give him full support for the interest of our dear country Nigeria and unity of our fatherland as Nigeria is not a church nor a mosque. I pledge to support PMB to eliminate the predicaments of Nigeria.

God bless nigeria, God bless Africa.

Deciding not to publish stories and figures of boko haram mayhem has nothing to do with Christianity or support of Buhari. My point is, the truth must be heard and let the right actions be taken. Don't feed me the born again line cos if you were you would not be advocating for the concealment of atrocities against human beings like yourself. How does that even amount to support for Buhari or GEJ? Here u are quoting the death of over 13000 people, if their deaths and the statistics were hidden as u are advocating now would u have that figure to raise or point to? Please, desist form the Christianity claim and do not use the name of Our Lord in vain. How does hiding the stories of wickedness support Buhari?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2015
kenny987:

Deciding not to publish stories and figures of boko haram mayhem has nothing to do with Christianity or support of Buhari. My point is, the truth must be heard and let the right actions be taken. Don't feed me the born again line cos if you were you would not be advocating for the concealment of atrocities against human beings like yourself. How does that even amount to support for Buhari or GEJ? Here u are quoting the death of over 13000 people, if their deaths and the statistics were hidden as u are advocating now would u have that figure to raise or point to? Please, desist form the Christianity claim and do not use the name of Our Lord in vain. How does hiding the stories of wickedness support Buhari?
Hello Kenny.. Please read my post again... I jut updated it and has finished all I have to say... God bless Nigeria...
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 9:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
DrLikita:

It's not your fault. It's because you haven't lost any
family members in any of these crisis. If you have, the last thing you will say is it should be hidden.

Hello dear... Dont be ashamed on my behalf because I strongly believe and stand by my comment just mentioned by you. Supporting the sect to create more attacks by pulishing news like this when our military are working hard to end this troubles (and needs our support now than ever) is not the best either.Okay let me analyze things for you. Please take time to read to the end.
I am a born Christian, the most loved son and first born of our Lord Jesus Christ. I am also a patriotic Nigerian. In 2011, I saw the hand of God lifting GEJ to deliver Nigerian from all its troubles and attrocities... I was the number 1 Gej fan in this year. However, immediately he won the elections, I observed in his four years leadership, he never seeked the face of God before making decisions. He is a very good and humble man; however, he ruled Nigerian with his own human wisdom and ability which is an error before God. He didn't take decisions when crucial decisions were to be taken and took so many costly decisions that lead to the growth of Bokoharam insurgents. Bokoharam grew under his watch and became amongst the world's most deadly sect. Over 13,000 innocent Nigerians were murdered in cold blood under his watch.

Now back to Buhari. He is a muslim and I choose to give him 100% support against GEJ whom is my Christian brother because Jesus would love even a pagan whom will serve his children with the fear of God so that His name be glorified. Buhari sofar inherented the challanges of poor governance from GEJ and bokoharam increased killings of innocent Nigerians immediately buhari took over just to show some fake audacity that Buhari cant eliminate them. So far, I commend the efforts of the Nigerian military and I encourage every patriotic Nigerian to support and encourage the Nigerian military so that collectively we can defeat and flush away terrorism from our land. Yes news like this encourages the sects to fight more. Buhari has show so far his willingness to put an end to BH and so lets all keep sentiments aside and give him full support for the interest of our dear country Nigeria and unity of our fatherland as Nigeria is not a church nor a mosque. We are one Nigerians and we must be our brothers keeper irrespective of religion, region or ethnicity.

I pledge to support PMB to eliminate the predicaments of Nigeria. PMB dont disappoint Nigerians because we believe alot in you and God has given you the chance to liberate his children from poverty and shame....

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by kenny987(f): 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Hello Kenny.. Please read my post again... I jut updated it and has finished all I have to say... God bless Nigeria...

I read it, noticed the update and responded accordingly. There is no way hiding the news of atrocities committed by a bunch of useless criminals called boko haram translates to what u call your full support for Buhari. U cannot justify it and that is why u coloured ur entire post with religious references. U need to get beyond that point man, governance must be separated from religion and must be mutually exclusive of each other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by sdindan: 9:53pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
SHATAP ghost
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by sdindan: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Hello dear... Dont be ashamed on my behalf because I strongly believe and stand by my comment just mentioned by you. Okay let me analyze things for you. Please take time to read to the end.

Sit down
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 9:56pm On Aug 21, 2015
kenny987:

governance must be separated from religion and must be mutually exclusive of each other.

Exactly dear... That is why we must put sentiments aside and support PMB. He is just less than 3 months in Power and we are crucifying him. Let us encourage PMB. Yes he is a Muslim but he is still our brother (one Nigeria) and we may not even be better in attitude and fear of God as compared to some Muslims.
Lets keep religion, region and ethnicity aside and support PMB for even these killings are not his faults. They are inheritances from GEjs poor leadership in past 4 years. PMB is putting so much efforts so that BH be eliminated from our land. Lets all support him.

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2015
CuckoldMaster:

Did you hide such news under GEJ?

GEJ never showed enough commitment towards the eradication of BH. This was shown only six-weeks to election which was too late. The media used that to work against GEJ in-other to save Nigeria from anther 4 years of disaster...

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by qintus: 10:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
NIGERIA IS A ZOO WITH MONKEYS AND BABOONS AS CITIZENS SUPER STORY SINCE 1914
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by kenny987(f): 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Exactly dear... That is why we must put sentiments aside and support PMB. He is just less than 3 months in Power and we are crucifying him. Let us encourage PMB. Yes he is a Muslim but he is still our brother (one Nigeria) and we may not even be better in attitude and fear of God as compared to some Muslims.
Lets keep religion, region and ethnicity aside and support PMB for even these killings are not his faults. They are inheritances from GEjs poor leadership in past 4 years. PMB is putting so much efforts so that BH be eliminated from our land. Lets all support him.

Oh my goodness! Dense is an understatement! There was no crucifixion anywhere! The NGO simply stated the the number of deaths recorded in the last three months and GMB must take responsibility for it the same way u are labeling GEJ! The saying that you can take a horse to the stream but you cannot force it to drink is very apt! No one expected GEJ to wield guns and go marching to into the bokoharam fights. There was support from their fellow muslims and politicians at first which caused it to escalate. Subsequently, he released funds as he ought to but some people decided to cash in on the situation as a money-making venture and the problems continued. Still u say it is GEJ's bad leadership. Now he has stepped out of office and Buhari with his many promises has stepped in with nothing to show for it you still call it an inheritance because he is about 3 months in office. Tell me then, when will he be taken to task and held responsible for what is goin on? When he's been in for One year? Two? The entire tenure and a second term?

When people are killed these stories of GEJ and GMB don't hold water. All their relatives see/feel is hurt and betrayal and they want it to stop now! So you see that GMB doesn't have the luxury of time. So when the death rates appear even higher now than before people must cry cos they are hurting and u cannot tell me supporting Buhari means muzzling the press! No! It means he must hear the truth and ensure that what ought to be done is done. Tomorrow, when the idiotic criminals are wiped out will u not hail Buhari? He is President and as he enjoys all benefits of the office he must also bear the associated wahala! So he must take the flak or the honour as and when due. He doesn't get to pick and choose and neither do you for him so stop the sanctimonious preaching!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 10:38pm On Aug 21, 2015
adenine02:

D u remember hw many pple were killed a day b4 dis pix was takin?

Dat picks was taking a day after over a hundred Nigerians lost their lives in a National tragedy and not a day b4 the incidence....
#God has liberated Nigeria from death...
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by patrotic9gerian: 10:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
kenny987:

Oh my goodness! Dense is an understatement! There was no crucifixion anywhere! The NGO simply stated the the number of deaths recorded in the last three months and GMB must take responsibility for it the same way u are labeling GEJ! The saying that you can take a horse to the stream but you cannot force it to drink is very apt! No one expected GEJ to wield guns and go marching to into the bokoharam fights. There was support from their fellow muslims and politicians at first which caused it to escalate. Subsequently, he released funds as he ought to but some people decided to cash in on the situation as a money-making venture and the problems continued. Still u say it is GEJ's bad leadership. Now he has stepped out of office and Buhari with his many promises has stepped in with nothing to show for it you still call it an inheritance because he is about 3 months in office. Tell me then, when will he be taken to task and held responsible for what is goin on? When he's been in for One year? Two? The entire tenure and a second term?

When people are killed these stories of GEJ and GMB don't hold water. All their relatives see/feel is hurt and betrayal and they want it to stop now! So you see that GMB doesn't have the luxury of time. So when the death rates appear even higher now than before people must cry cos they are hurting and u cannot tell me supporting Buhari means muzzling the press! No! It means he must hear the truth and ensure that what ought to be done is done. Tomorrow, when the idiotic criminals are wiped out will u not hail Buhari? He is President and as he enjoys all benefits of the office he must also bear the associated wahala! So he must take the flak or the honour as and when due. He doesn't get to pick and choose and neither do you for him so stop the sanctimonious preaching!

My dear... I love your points there are nice... But to put a stop to the whole conversation, search your hearth in truth and in spirit to see if you really dont like buhari because he is from the North, or Hausa or because he is a Muslim. If they are no sentiments then i hail thee but if there is any, please work on it and lets all see ourselves as one and love one another (one Nigeria). On a personal note, I feel God has liberated Nigeria through the victory of PMB. ONe love and peace out... Cheers
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Evaromantik(m): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
Godfullsam:
What should we do with the figure @ OP . Should we start jubilating or wailing undecided

Btw the posters above me are all wailers. May god give them the power to wail till 2019 grin
that means you need more bloodshed.....its 1,059 and you will complete it to the round of 1,060
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by kenny987(f): 11:47pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Dat picks was taking a day after over a hundred Nigerians lost their lives in a National tragedy and not a day b4 the incidence....
#God has liberated Nigeria from death...

If you had read well you'd see he stated the same thing in another form...twelve and a dozen..
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 11:51pm On Aug 21, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

Hello dear... Dont be ashamed on my behalf because I strongly believe and stand by my comment just mentioned by you. Supporting the sect to create more attacks by pulishing news like this when our military are working hard to end this troubles (and needs our support now than ever) is not the best either.Okay let me analyze things for you. Please take time to read to the end.

If you want to suppress Boko Haram, don't post their videos when they are released unless they contain vital information.
This type of news should never be suppressed. Ignoring it is like pretending it didn't happen and it is hurtful to the family of the victims and to the victims who survived. When stuff like this is posted the government should take note and do something about it.
If all is not well, we must not pretend that all is well.
Re: 1,059 Persons Killed In North Since Buhari’s Inauguration - Stefanos Foundation by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2015
Sijo01:
The Executive Director, Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, has said no fewer than 1,059 persons were killed in 75 major attacks in northern Nigeria since the inception of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

Stefanos Foundation, a non governmental organisation, has been attending to the welfare of Internally Displaced Persons from the various attacks in their camps in Bukuru area of Jos South, Plateau State.

Lipdo said the highest number of attacks, 34, occurred in Borno State, where 551 people were killed.

In a statement in Jos on Thursday, which was made available to our correspondent, Lipdo said all the attacks occurred between May 29 and August 12, especially under the watch of the recently sacked service chiefs.

According to him, Plateau State ranked second with 19 attacks and 112 people killed while Yobe occupied the third spot with eight attacks and 86 people killed.

Adamawa, Bauchi, Benue, Gombe, Kano, Nasarawa and Taraba states placed fourth with two attacks each and a total of 254 people killed.

Though two attacks took place in Gombe, the statement said it had the highest casualty figure of 99.

Though the Plateau State Government had on August, 13 declared a dusk-to-dawn curfew in Riyom and Barkin Ladi Local Government Areas following a resurgence of violence the councils, the attacks have continued unabated.

President of Berom Youth Movement, Mr. Choji Chuwang, told our correspondent on the telephone on Thursday that the day the curfew was announced, armed men invaded a house in Barkin Ladi and demanded money.

He added that when the owner could not give them any money, the attackers inflicted machete cuts on him.

Chuwang alleged that a neighbour, who heard the victim’s cries, tried to come to his rescue, but was shot at close range and killed on the spot.

He explained that on Wednesday, two people were shot dead; one on his way to his farm at Rakung and the other, a local miner, who killed at his mining site in Gana Ropp areas in Barkin Ladi

http://www.punchng.com/news/1059-persons-killed-in-north-since-buharis-inauguration-group/
CHANGE!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Failed, But He’s Still Better Than Atiku — Balarabe Musa / Why I Worked Against Dapo Abiodun –adebutu / Kaduna Abduction: President Buhari Commends Military For Their Prompt Response

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.