Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,528 members, 7,801,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Child Birth And Fibroid - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Child Birth And Fibroid (1489 Views)

Permanent Cure For Ovarian Cysts And Fibroid . / Why Some Nigerian Women Die At Child Birth / Infertility And Fibroid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Birth And Fibroid by PeyButtons(f): 8:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was chatting with a friend in the early hours of today...and she said that everywoman has fibroid and that it grows as the rate of childbirth increases. I'm confused about this...honestly speaking,I really want to know if this is true. TIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by ammyluv2002(f): 8:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Your friend is right

2 Likes

Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by meimoks(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2015
I don't think that is true. Because I've seen alot of women that have never given birth but have fibroid and those that have kids but don't have at all
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by Lilyomi(f): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
I disagree. First, some have it before birth as the one up said and some give birth but dnt av at all. Fact is, not every woman has fibroid but the number of women getting it is increasing.

1 Like

Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by Vanije: 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
Not exactly.

One of the factors that fuel the growth of fibroid is estrogen so Every woman has a high probability of getting fibroid because estrogen is a female reproductive hormone.

The probability increases & possibly the tumor starts to grow & get pronounced when we constantly feed yourself with 'estrogen-full' foods(in addition to that secreted by the body)

And sometimes too, it's hereditary.
If you want to know about fibroids, I encourage you to read this article: www.trendyhealthworld.com/fibroid
It's a comprehensive article.
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by PeyButtons(f): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2015
This is serious...but is there any test that can be done to detect its early presence in the body either if single or married??
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by Vanije: 5:15pm On Aug 21, 2015
PeyButtons:
This is serious...but is there any test that can be done to detect its early presence in the body either if single or married??

Yes. A pelvic scan can be used to detect it.
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by PeyButtons(f): 7:09pm On Aug 21, 2015
Vanije:

Yes. A pelvic scan can be used to detect it.
Thanks.
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by Vanije: 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2015
PeyButtons:
Thanks.
You're welcome
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by ChelseaDr(m): 3:44am On Aug 26, 2015
It is not true that every woman has fibroid neither is it true that it grows as the rate of childbirth increases.

Fibroid has been known to develop more in those who delay childbirth either by choice or otherwise, those who started their menses very early (as early as 12 years), those who have late menopause (beyond 55 years), those with less frequent pregnancies etc.

Infact the more one gets pregnant the less likely the fibroid will grow. Fibroid has been known to be rare before puberty and after menopause. So to say that every woman has fibroid is a fallacious generalization. Thank you.
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by PeyButtons(f): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2015
ChelseaDr:
It is not true that every woman has fibroid neither is it true that it grows as the rate of childbirth increases.

Fibroid has been known to develop more in those who delay childbirth either by choice or otherwise, those who started their menses very early (as early as 12 years), those who have late menopause (beyond 55 years), those with less frequent pregnancies etc.

Infact the more one gets pregnant the less likely the fibroid will grow. Fibroid has been known to be rare before puberty and after menopause. So to say that every woman has fibroid is a fallacious generalization. Thank you.
Nice write up.
Re: Child Birth And Fibroid by ChelseaDr(m): 12:51pm On Aug 26, 2015
PeyButtons:

Nice write up.

Thanks a million.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Remedy For Itching Skin After Bath / What Is The Best Way To Get Rid Of Wall Geckos / Slipping In The Bathroom And Freemanan's Untimely Demise.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.