Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

What You Permit Is What You Get - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What You Permit Is What You Get (472 Views)

Husbands, can you permit your wives to Cheat? / Would You PERMIT Your Wives To Use Make-up, Loud Jewelry, Wear Shapely Clothes? / Should Husbands Permit Any Contact Between Their Wives And Their Ex-boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What You Permit Is What You Get by vivienobidike(f): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
What you permit in your relationship is what you get in the long run.
1. I was in a restaurant and I noticed a 'couple' seated at an obscure end. A glance at them would never raise your suspicion on what was going on between them, a second and third look if sensitive enough would shock you at the realization on what was transporting between them. The guys hand was working its way into the skirts of the lady and I could tell he was stroking her cause the look on her face was indescribable. To confirm my suspicions, when they rose to go, I saw a patch of seminal fluid on the guy pant.
2. A deaconess once told us a story about her visit to her fiancé family. On arrival, she decided to help his aged mom with her laundry and in the process, fiancé sister walked up to her and dumped her clothes for laundry too. Deaconess called her back and ordered her to take every of her clothes. Caused a strain in the relationship between SIL and the deaconess but she stood her ground and insisted she wouldn't take trash. Deaconess eventually got married to her man. SIL knows her boundaries and respects them well. ... The two scenarios above paints two different pictures.
I have nothing against public display of affection but when it involves groping and grabbing and other forms of extremes, it speaks a lot about how the couples in question views respect.i have seen with men who publicly squeeze the breast and butts of their partners in public and all they do is laugh or grin sheepishly. If he doesn't respect your body in public, then he won't do so in private. A man who tells you he loves you but constantly disrespect your person is not in Love with you. Love and respect are Siamese twin and go head in head. Both are inseparable. Boundaries should be respected. What you allow in your 'lovey-dovey' days will transform into its reviewed version later on in the future.
Does he always scold you in the presence of his family and all you do is shrink and hide?
Does he threatens to beat you up whenever you falter?
What are his views on women who strive to attain the peak of their career?
You cannot constantly overlook some important signs in the name of love. Love seeks to know, to understand better and make choices that would make her blossom.
On point two... I know some ladies will actually wash SIL clothes to paints the picture of a "wife material" and when she eventually gets into the family and SIL constantly disrespect her and treats her like trash, she would tell whoever cares to listen that SIL is Jezebel reincarnated. What you permit is exactly what you would get. Saying NO and standing your grounds sometimes would only earn you disdain but in the long run, your dignity and respect will be preserved.
You do not have to say YES to every request, every prodding. You do not have to agree to everything because you want to appear 'decent' in the eyes of people. It's very okay to have a different view, it is very good to disagree with opinions that do not sit well with you. Being in a relationship shouldn't turn into an automated machine that obeys the prompt of its handler.
For more write-ups visit www.vivienadaeze..com
Re: What You Permit Is What You Get by SUGARBEE(f): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
God bless my handsome boyfriend who treats me like a queen.. He's caring and romantic and a gentleman.. He wouldn't go out of his line to embarrass or touch me anyhow in public cuz he respects my feminism ... I just love him for that

1 Like

Re: What You Permit Is What You Get by mekzyjoe(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2015

(1) (Reply)

More Baby Factory Uncovered; A Message For My Generation / Songs For Couples' Dance / The Rod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.