Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? (941 Views)

National Or Tribal Warfare; Ignorance Mean Of Killing Our Growing Democracy / The Perspectives And Causes Of Conflicts In Jos !!!! / Ribadu Taskforce Conflicts With NEITI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by Em2va: 3:36am On Mar 27, 2009
In the past few months, we all witnessed how some corpers were killed in the north due to one conflict like that, not just that some months back it was the same
thing, and then a few years back a Reverend was roasted alive, another pastor was beheaded and his head was displayed around town.
I am not siding anyone, but I noticed the northerners seem to be the ones majorly killing the Igbo folk. It was reported that shops and market places
were major targets, and it is not hard to conclude that the owners of these shops or markets were Igbo people, the northerners dont do business the way the Onicha boyz do.

Please I'd love to know, why are the Igbos made to suffer so much in the hands of these northerns? I watched a film of recent "TEARS IN THE SUN", You need to watch that film,
I really pitied the Igbo race. The war probably made them become business minded people who had to go into it because of lack of education.
Ejoo, awon omo Nynja, Ki la fe se fun awon t' onje okuta? A friend of mine who was a corper in the north would have been killed along with some Igbo boys just because he was
with them. Hmm, something must be done oh, Eyin bobos, if we sit still, these heartless menaces will bring it to us, infact we experienced one in Ibadan sometime ago, and I think in slaughter in Lagos.

Can there ever be harmony between the Hausas and the Igbos? And please if they come be ready oh! because a ma ja!
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by udezue(m): 4:30am On Mar 27, 2009
Lack of educatioooooonn? Are you kidding me? Nonsense

Go do some research then come back for discussion.
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 27, 2009
@topic

Ojukwu caused it all lipsrsealed
and dont ask me for detail explanation on my claims.
I just cant figure out why the dude decided to cause a major setback for his fellow igbo peeps.
I guess he has realized his past mistakes but still hypocriticaly claims DON OF ALL TIME.
@poster, i wldnt knw which war is it exactly wether tribal or religious.
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 27, 2009
See how guys amaze me! @udezue, why do u still bear "Biafra" as part of ur location ? grin tongue
see how una dey expand una problem with una hands. cheesy
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by Nobody: 8:30am On Mar 27, 2009
I don't think the Igbos are the only target here. One in Jos made Yorubas a centre target. But the murdered Igbos and the murdered Yorubas had something in common and that was their faith (Christianity). I'll say it's a religious war. I hate it when I mistake Fulanis for Hausas. I know a few Hausa people and they are rather just happy and gentle even though they had little to nothing, their laughter can be heard miles away. But with the influx of the Arab mixed Fulanis and the destruction of the Hausa's original culture, it's hard not to call the Hausas Fulanis and the Fulanis Hausas. The Fulanis are invaders and it still runs in their blood to invade and use people's land whenever they want (You can ask the Kwarans how they had to deal with them). While visiting Ilorin in 2000 I think, I heard of a fight between some Yoruba farmers and Fulani cattle herders over farm crops getting trampled on by cattles. Also don't mistake the Bororos for Fulani. The Bororos are the ones you see selling Fura de nunu and they are the best people I've ever seen in this world. The Bororos respect people alot. They are nomadic and I was lucky to jam them in one bush in Ogun state. They gave me and my adventurous cousins Fura de nunu and a bucket of fresh milk for free and they taught us how to do their traditional dance. Also their traditional gin is soo powerful and sweet at the same time (you won't even know you are drunk until you stop). The Hausas had kings and queens not sultans and stuff. I think their culture is gone forever unles a revolution brings it back. You can still see a few Hausas who are neither Christians nor Muslims; these are the ones that reflect what Hausa people were. what is now called Jos used to be among the few places in Africa where Nok culture is practiced. Oyo empire was the master of such art work followed by Benin empire.
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by comfort3: 4:53pm On Mar 27, 2009
:-x
Re: Are These Religious Conflicts Or Tribal Conflicts? by Em2va: 7:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
Wow that was a real great insight into the hausa and the fulani. So that means that most of the miscreant politicians that have been eating our money are all Fulani? I really do not think so my dear. All the public loots we have ever had in Nigeria were carried out by the Hausas.
They have eaten this country dry. Its a miracle Nigeria is still alive, hmm when a person loots 500 million naira?

9jaganja:

I don't think the Igbos are the only target here. One in Jos made Yorubas a centre target. But the murdered Igbos and the murdered Yorubas had something in common and that was their faith (Christianity). I'll say it's a religious war. I hate it when I mistake Fulanis for Hausas. I know a few Hausa people and they are rather just happy and gentle even though they had little to nothing, their laughter can be heard miles away. But with the influx of the Arab mixed Fulanis and the destruction of the Hausa's original culture, it's hard not to call the Hausas Fulanis and the Fulanis Hausas. The Fulanis are invaders and it still runs in their blood to invade and use people's land whenever they want (You can ask the Kwarans how they had to deal with them). While visiting Ilorin in 2000 I think, I heard of a fight between some Yoruba farmers and Fulani cattle herders over farm crops getting trampled on by cattles. Also don't mistake the Bororos for Fulani. The Bororos are the ones you see selling Fura de nunu and they are the best people I've ever seen in this world. The Bororos respect people alot. They are nomadic and I was lucky to jam them in one bush in Ogun state. They gave me and my adventurous cousins Fura de nunu and a bucket of fresh milk for free and they taught us how to do their traditional dance. Also their traditional gin is soo powerful and sweet at the same time (you won't even know you are drunk until you stop). The Hausas had kings and queens not sultans and stuff. I think their culture is gone forever unles a revolution brings it back. You can still see a few Hausas who are neither Christians nor Muslims; these are the ones that reflect what Hausa people were. what is now called Jos used to be among the few places in Africa where Nok culture is practiced. Oyo empire was the master of such art work followed by Benin empire.

Point of Correction! The Easterners have always been the target, but of course when there cant be a quick and easy seperation of the two then who cares?

I read of a case that happend 2001/2002, a lorry one day arrived in Abia state filled with dead bodies of easterners from the north. Well the easterners retorted and sent back two lorries filled with dead northerners living in the east then. Did they think there wouldnt be a reaction?
I think that made them cool off a bit. They always start the trouble!

(1) (Reply)

Fraud: Police Arrest Ogunleye, Ndic’s Md / NSE Share Prices Are Routinely Manipulated By Insiders? / Incredible:even Honorable Are On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.