Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering (2604 Views)

Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria ( Job/it/siwes/internship) / Mechatronics Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / Mechatronics Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by philiancoop(m): 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Mechatronics Engineering is an emerging field of engineering which primarily aims at building and designing smart devices and automation of processes (production, etc) through the application of mechanical, electronic, material, computer hardware and software, and hydraulic engineering knowledge.
A few universities has started offering the course since the NUC designed the curriculum and introduced the it to Nigeria in 2010. schools like FUNAAB, FUOYE, ABUA, PolyIbadan etc are at the forefront
Osun state government is also building a mechatronics engineering college which has been named in honor of late Bola Ige and is soon to be completed.
The prospect for this engineering field in Nigeria is brightening as one of the major industry of its application - the automobile industry is taking a firm root in the country as Nigeria has started producing Cars.
Yours faithfully, is a mechatronics engineering aspirant in one of the federal universities and wants to know what nairalanders in the labor market, especially those into engineering think about this field of study.
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by alex81(m): 11:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
Gr8 course. Also offered in Futminna.
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by tpiander: 3:13am On Aug 21, 2015
Sounds rather like robotics
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by tpiander: 3:14am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by philiancoop(m): 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2015
tpiander:
Sounds rather like robotics
Yea... Robortics is also incorporated into the course.
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by philiancoop(m): 12:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
Can someone please compare it with Mechanical or electronic engineering?
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by iyisco2001(m): 12:37pm On Sep 07, 2015
It is not a new feild per say, maybe because it has just started to be offered as course in Nigerian university(talk of backwardness) angry
I did something on this feild in 2010, I later dropped it for something else.
It's a combination of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science. All about automation of processes. It's being used in some of our factories for productions.
A lucrative feild I must confess.
Although, I haven't heard of of any known friend working in such feild.
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by philiancoop(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2015
iyisco2001:
It is not a new feild per say, maybe because it has just started to be offered as course in Nigerian university(talk of backwardness) angry
I did something on this feild in 2010, I later dropped it for something else.
It's a combination of mechanical engineering, electrical engineering and computer science. All about automation of processes. It's being used in some of our factories for productions.
A lucrative feild I must confess.
Although, I haven't heard of of any known friend working in such feild.
so, you dropped it for what other field
Re: New And Emerging Discipline: Mechatronics Engineering by iyisco2001(m): 5:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
philiancoop:

so, you dropped it for what other field
Facility maintenance and major also in procurement.
I was introduced to mechatronics during my industrial work experience at Prototype engineering development institute and with some practical experience. Quiet fascinating. I thought of have a post graduate in the feild, but the Nigerian education system wasn't gonna offer such chance, main reason why I took a swap.

(1) (Reply)

. / How To Be A Successful Woman Without Depending On A Man / How Do I Get The NIS Application Confirmation slip with ID number?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.